Cooper Rush is the light

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I said Dalton could get similar results and he had a better win %. I was right.

Rush is even better lol. Nobody is missing Dak right now. In fact he looked awful. Rush has been way better.

Yah so under Dalton the offense was in the bottom half of the NFL and we went 6-9. Under Dak the Cowboys had the #1 scoring offense and yardage offense in the NFL averaging 31 points per game. The team went 12-5 under Dak and made the playoffs.

So your "similar results" mantra is laughable. AS was the other 10 silly things you said about Dalton and Dak.

As of now the Cowboys are barely beating marginal teams and again have one of the worst offenses in the NFL under Rush. Now I think we will all take 2-0, but 20 points per game isnt going to cut it against better teams. Unless the defense is going to continue to dominate all comers.

So again, your "similar results" mantra is weak. Under Dak we have one of the best offenses, if not the best offense in the NFL. Cowboys are no doubt 2-1 had Dak been playing. And I highly doubt the games are nail biters.

And your already saying that Rush is better than Dak. Like most of your laughable comments, it will blow up in your face.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Until he has a bad game and many here will turn on him as well. You had a vast majority of the board who wanted him gone for a "Real Backup" now showing love but knowing this board people will turn on him as well once he has a bad outing.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Let’s not kid ourselves here. Copper Rush has stormed into the meadowlands and defeated the favored 2-0 Giants. He remained cool and calm and taught Dak Prescott several valuable lessons. His passes were crisp connecting with multiple receivers (no, he doesn’t require them to be open by a mile). The only thing stopping him tonight were some pretty unfortunate drops from the dimes he was dishing out. He leads with accurate passing and doesn’t turn the ball over. This is a new era with a QB we can all rally behind.

giphy.gif

and doesnt take sacks

BigD_95

Reaction score
Yah so under Dalton the offense was in the bottom half of the NFL and we went 6-9. Under Dak the Cowboys had the #1 scoring offense and yardage offense in the NFL averaging 31 points per game. The team went 12-5 under Dak and made the playoffs.

So your "similar results" mantra is laughable. AS was the other 10 silly things you said about Dalton and Dak.

As of now the Cowboys are barely beating marginal teams and again have one of the worst offenses in the NFL under Rush. Now I think we will all take 2-0, but 20 points per game isnt going to cut it against better teams. Unless the defense is going to continue to dominate all comers.

So again, your "similar results" mantra is weak. Under Dak we have one of the best offenses, if not the best offense in the NFL. Cowboys are no doubt 2-1 had Dak been playing. And I highly doubt the games are nail biters.

And your already saying that Rush is better than Dak. Like most of your laughable comments, it will blow up in your face.

I think you are leaving out that Rush doesnt have Gallup or Shultz playing. The offense will get better. Dak had Coop last year with Shultz. Dak's first game with out them he was awful against the Bucs. Rush is doing this without top players

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think you are leaving out that Rush doesnt have Gallup or Shultz playing. The offense will get better. Dak had Coop last year with Shultz. Dak's first game with out them he was awful against the Bucs. Rush is doing this without top players

True, but Rush has an obvious connection with Brown. And our young TE's are taking up the slack.

Rush couldnt do ANYTHING against the stout Bucs D the first week just like Dak.

Dak likely scores more than a 20 point average the last two weeks against mild competition.

Nav22

Reaction score
I would have to say these are pretty important games. Were you, by any chance, one one of the large crowd begging to tank the season after the 1st game?

Suddenly no one is talking about it , yet. That's pretty big.
No, I wasn’t.

And no, it isn’t a bigger game than if Dak were playing.

Only difference is when Dak beats the Giants, his idiotic haters shrug their shoulders and say “win when it matters!”

When Cooper Rush does it, it means Dak sucks and Rush is better... oh, and this was a “big game!”
:laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I wasn’t.
Okay cool. But surely you were aware of it. My point still stands though. If we don't agree about these two games being "kinda big"...it's okay.

It's still very early in the season....we will see.

Nav22

Reaction score
Okay cool. But surely you were aware of it. My point still stands though. If we don't agree about these two games being "kinda big"...it's okay.

It's still very early in the season....we will see.
They’re all big games. That’s my point.

Keep the same energy when it’s Dak beating a division opponent.

BigD_95

Reaction score
True, but Rush has an obvious connection with Brown. And our young TE's are taking up the slack.

Rush couldnt do ANYTHING against the stout Bucs D the first week just like Dak.

Dak likely scores more than a 20 point average the last two weeks against mild competition.

dont get me wrong - I kind of agree with you. But I have to admit that Rush sees the field better and gets rid of the ball faster. Dak holds the ball too long and takes bad sacks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
dont get me wrong - I kind of agree with you. But I have to admit that Rush sees the field better and gets rid of the ball faster. Dak holds the ball too long and takes bad sacks.

No, not admitting that as its not true. Rush has had great oline play and hasnt been touched the last two games. Zero sacks I think? And no, its not because the ball is out faster.

BigD_95

Reaction score
No, not admitting that as its not true. Rush has had great oline play and hasnt been touched the last two games. Zero sacks I think? And no, its not because the ball is out faster.

I have been complaining for years Dak holds onto the ball way too long. So yes, its because the ball comes out faster

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have been complaining for years Dak holds onto the ball way too long. So yes, its because the ball comes out faster

AT times I have thought that, but its not something that is a regular issue. Oline issues have been the big issue.

Jenky

Reaction score
Oh yah......hes the next tom Brady.

Do you think we can average more than 20 points per game with Rush? I guess if the defense can keep holding opponents under 17 that wont matter eh? :muttley:

Yes Rush did make a Tom Brady type throw to Lamb in the end zone, similarly to Brady’s throw to Mike Evans for a TD. I’m glad you see similarities.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes Rush did make a Tom Brady type throw to Lamb in the end zone, similarly to Brady’s throw to Mike Evans for a TD. I’m glad you see similarities.

The similarities are blinding!!!

Maybe we can trade Dak in the offseason for a 2nd rounder?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cooper Rush is going to be more expensive next year. This is a good situation we find ourselves in with CR playing so well. The FO should just go ahead and give him a new cheap contract right now so we lock him up for several seasons.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
With every "rush is qb1" type post we see....it is proving even more that you guys have no idea what you are talking about.

Keep doing it, please!
Ken, do you like winning? Or do you prefer to have Dak as your QB? Those two things don't coincide.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let’s not kid ourselves here. Copper Rush has stormed into the meadowlands and defeated the favored 2-0 Giants. He remained cool and calm and taught Dak Prescott several valuable lessons. His passes were crisp connecting with multiple receivers (no, he doesn’t require them to be open by a mile). The only thing stopping him tonight were some pretty unfortunate drops from the dimes he was dishing out. He leads with accurate passing and doesn’t turn the ball over. This is a new era with a QB we can all rally behind.

giphy.gif
The run game is the light. Everyone is the beneficiary