Cooper Rush is the light

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Let’s not kid ourselves here. Copper Rush has stormed into the meadowlands and defeated the favored 2-0 Giants. He remained cool and calm and taught Dak Prescott several valuable lessons. His passes were crisp connecting with multiple receivers (no, he doesn’t require them to be open by a mile). The only thing stopping him tonight were some pretty unfortunate drops from the dimes he was dishing out. He leads with accurate passing and doesn’t turn the ball over. This is a new era with a QB we can all rally behind.

giphy.gif

Last night was fun and Rush is getting the job done, but "a new era with a QB we can all rally behind" is a bit much for me.

For one thing, the Jones boys are likely to pull the plug on this "era" sooner rather than later. As for fans, they will rally behind one QB when they've never seen him lose. When Rush loses a game, and he will at some point, we'll have fans on both sides of the debate just like every other QB since Aikman.

Ken

Reaction score
Ken, do you like winning? Or do you prefer to have Dak as your QB? Those two things don't coincide.
We won 12 games last year. Cooper won 1 of those.

Also, Dak has a career 53-33 record.

He has won and never had a losing season.

ChrisL97

Reaction score
Let’s not kid ourselves here. Copper Rush has stormed into the meadowlands and defeated the favored 2-0 Giants. He remained cool and calm and taught Dak Prescott several valuable lessons. His passes were crisp connecting with multiple receivers (no, he doesn’t require them to be open by a mile). The only thing stopping him tonight were some pretty unfortunate drops from the dimes he was dishing out. He leads with accurate passing and doesn’t turn the ball over. This is a new era with a QB we can all rally behind.

giphy.gif

I'm on board with this. I'll add that pressure doesn't get to him. The literal pressure of the D-Line and the figurative pressure of being behind on the road and having to lead your team back!

Pass2Run

Reaction score

giphy.gif

True,

The lesson to be learned is to play well or else fans are going to call for your head, and Cooper Rush.

He's not quite the story of Tony Romo, yet. But I've become a big believer of Cooper Rush, and how he plays his game. The guy is just smart, and understands why every play is designed a certain way, and when to execute it.

Simply a brilliant player. I hadn't realized that before in preseason. I guess he was out there forcing it some for the players trying to make the team.

In the game, with the first team, he's a totally different player.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We won 12 games last year. Cooper won 1 of those.

Also, Dak has a career 53-33 record.

He has won and never had a losing season.
We aren't talking about last year, Kenny. Please try to keep up. It's 2022, review the tape. You just want Dak do be QB and have not interest in winning this year. So sad for you!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We aren't talking about last year, Kenny. Please try to keep up. It's 2022, review the tape. You just want Dak do be QB and have not interest in winning this year. So sad for you!

Give me a break, you would turn on Cooper Rush as soon as this team drops a game. I love the fact Cooper has helped this team win the last 2 games. but NY Giants and this offense put up 6 points heading into the 4th? You and the rest of the Dak critics would have been all over this. Hell Dak dropped 44 on NY last season and all I heard was in was NY, . Dak and this offense was #1 offensive scoring team in the league. You can blow smoke up other people butt but this crap does not work on me.

Playing this game of oh if you want Dak then you don't want to win, is laughable and juvenile.

Ken

Reaction score
Well, we saw Dak against one of the best D's in the league with a bunch of first-time starters around him. Surely you understand that he wasn't going to have a crappy game three weeks in a row?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Give me a break, you would turn on Cooper Rush as soon as this team drops a game. I love the fact Cooper has helped this team win the last 2 games. but NY Giants and this offense put up 6 points heading into the 4th? You and the rest of the Dak critics would have been all over this. Hell Dak dropped 44 on NY last season and all I heard was in was NY, . Dak and this offense was #1 offensive scoring team in the league. You can blow smoke up other people butt but this crap does not work on me.

Playing this game of oh if you want Dak then you don't want to win, is laughable and juvenile.
You Dak lovers just can't resist talking about previous years. Again, we are not talking about previous years. It's 2022, folks. Let's stay focused. on what is going on in the present season. I understand you not wanting to do it because your beloved Dak put such a poor performance on tape. I further understand your reluctance to focus on the QB position in 2022 because of what Cooper Rush has put on tape. The tape don't lie!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, we saw Dak against one of the best D's in the league with a bunch of first-time starters around him. Surely you understand that he wasn't going to have a crappy game three weeks in a row?
You want to talk about what we did see? We saw Cooper Rush take down the reigning AFC champs. We then saw Cooper Rush beat a divisional foe on the road. Stop making excuses for Dak and enjoy our winning with Cooper Rush. Let's hope we get more of it!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak is the better QB…it’s just that he is way overpaid for the QB he is. That is where the ‘Cooper is better’ talk is really coming from. If it was Cooper making 40 mil per and Dak was making backup money, I think this conversation would be different
The "Cooper is better" talk is coming from people that hang out here all day turning every conversation into how Dak sucks. It doesnt have anything to do with Dak's contract. They legitimately think Cooper is better. They did the same thing with Andy Dalton

Toro9

Reaction score
That one throw off his back foot was hugely impressive. Dude can ball

vig454

Reaction score
With every "rush is qb1" type post we see....it is proving even more that you guys have no idea what you are talking about.

Keep doing it, please!
Because you know more than everyone else and you really should be working for the Cowboys organization. Mr. Football guru you!:facepalm::lmao:

Ken

Reaction score
Because you know more than everyone else and you really should be working for the Cowboys organization. Mr. Football guru you!:facepalm::lmao:
Finally getting it.

I mean...i did say he would be the best qb in this class BEFORE we even took him and Wentz would be garbage. Who am i though?

Cydios

Reaction score
Jerry wants to sell Jerseys. There's a ton of Dak jerseys about. He won't change for Rush

Nexx

Reaction score
to me, again emphasizes one thing. The personnel on this the offensive side of the ball has been elite for many years, since 2016. All the Cowboys needed was a QB that could get he most out of these units to win the playoffs and ultimately the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, the QB we have could only ride the coat tails of these units and when they truly needed the QB to step up in big moments couldn't deliver. Such of waste over these past 6 years. SMH