Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter

pupulehaole

Reaction score
I said it in another thread but it applies to this one as well.

He is so frustrating with his Bi-Polar playing.

Sometimes he makes great plays at the ends of games to almost will us to a win but usually that is only after he has made terrible plays prior to that which put us in a situation where we could easily lose.

I think this and the saints game we lost the turn over ration and still managed to win. That does not happen too often. It is not unheard of but still not the way you want to do it.

One minute you are screaming at him to get rid of the bleeping ball before he takes a sack fumble.

The next minute you are cheering after he makes a great move or run to gain a first down or avoid a sack. Or he makes a great throw.

I admit at one point I was so aggravated that I too said to myself, why not give the backup a chance...only for Dak to pull the 4th quarter and OT heroics.

Its hard to hate a player like him, it's also hard to love a player like him. Makes so many mistakes, bad throws, fumbles, turnovers to get you so angry only to go down and win the game when it gets to the nitty gritty.

Yet you still have fans that LOVE him and HATE him.

That type of thing can be so crazy and it is no wonder why there is such a division on Dak among the fans.
I personally hate him as a player. I also think we don't have anyone else better than him on the roster.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Most (including myself initially) didn't closely read your post, and in fairness to you, what most believe you wrote, and what you actually wrote, are very different. Nevertheless, in fairness to the posters who missed the distinction, the title of your thread was misleading, and the first two paragraphs did nothing to clarify.
There is no fairness to others if you didn't read and went strictly off the headlines. That's just y'all's fault like you said. No need for any but this that and the other. Just read it closely and you wouldn't have had that misunderstanding like I didn't when I read the post.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak (and especially Amari) had an excellent 4th quarter and are the reason we won. But Dak was pretty terrible in the first 3 quarters. He needs to have better ball control and connect on those big passes.

He was, but never at any point do I ever think that White or Rush have a chance of being better. Dak has his warts and I don't think I will trust him in the near future but he will get extended and we will work to keep the pieces intact around him. Hopefully they keep the deal in the 15-20 mill range.

He did better stepping up in the pocket yesterday but I thought he had great protection for the vast majority of the game.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He was, but never at any point do I ever think that White or Rush have a chance of being better. Dak has his warts and I don't think I will trust him in the near future but he will get extended and we will work to keep the pieces intact around him. Hopefully they keep the deal in the 15-20 mill range.

He did better stepping up in the pocket yesterday but I thought he had great protection for the vast majority of the game.

Oh yeah. White and Rush aren't even NFL players. We need a veteran QB who can step in to push Dak and in case anything happens to Dak. We have the worst backups in the league right now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
@erod

The reaction to this thread is because the title is misleading unless that was your intent to draw attention?

The threads message is the game should have been over by 4th qtr but Daks mistakes and or miscues kept Philly in game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Then what did I say? Posters read the headline and skim the post, then assume they got the message.

That game was begging to be 35-0 in the 3rd quarter. We should have had garbage time, but we got overtime instead.
Your title totally contradicts what you are "trying" to say. Very misleading.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Dak (and especially Amari) had an excellent 4th quarter and are the reason we won. But Dak was pretty terrible in the first 3 quarters. He needs to have better ball control and connect on those big passes.
I give Dak total props for his great down the stretch play, but at the same time I will have concern for his putrid first three quarters. I’m not sure why that kind of thinking is out of bounds to some people. Philly’s secondary is decimated and they’re playing a rookie FA at RB. DAL should have hammered them yesterday but the QB & OL held us back from doing that. The OL is riddled with banged up players and backups. You can’t expect flawless play from them, but I think you can ask your QB to do better.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
"Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point"

this amplified rhetoric shows the motive. We get it, you don't care much for Dak.

You listed all of his missed oppurtunities by name in the above.. I don't know that he had many more missed opp.. after missed, after missed.... The two Gallup throws? The score wasnt 9-9 AFTER all those missed oppurtunities. The score was 29-23 after all those.

The O Line is not a super bowl roster. I am willing to give away 1 int, for a guy throwing 52 times. 2 isnt good, 1 fumble is bad and he's got to clean those up. But this unit is a team, win or lose, and the team isn't dragging a QB anywhere that just threw for 455 yards.. Someone had to complete those passes, and out of the 42 completions, 10-12 were really nice passes. The D was giving up some big plays about the time Dak started playing well. Some of the red zone inefficiencies are on him, but not all. If the O-Line was so great, we would just pound it in running 3 times for a score with every 1st and goal.
:thumbdown:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
HR8pqQc.gif

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I give Dak total props for his great down the stretch play, but at the same time I will have concern for his putrid first three quarters. I’m not sure why that kind of thinking is out of bounds to some people. Philly’s secondary is decimated and they’re playing a rookie FA at RB. DAL should have hammered them yesterday but the QB & OL held us back from doing that. The OL is riddled with banged up players and backups. You can’t expect flawless play from them, but I think you can ask your QB to do better.

I agree. People are comparing Dak's performance to Romo. I think they're the opposite in many ways. Romo destroyed defenses on a regular basis but would have the occasional multi-turnover game that would kill us. Dak is mediocre on a regular basis and has the occasional stretch of brilliance like the 4th quarter yesterday.

Gaede

Reaction score
The Cowboys ran 45 more plays than Philly and dominated every statistical category imagineable other than turnovers.

This should have been a crushing defeat for Philly. Demoralizing. But it was finally decided on a tipped ball in overtime.

I'm celebrating the win, too, but I want to see this team put together a resounding victory that will play well in the postseason. The last two weeks won't cut it.

Meh. We are on a five game win streak on target to win the division.

I'm not going to lose sleep over how we won.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Meh. We are on a five game win streak on target to win the division.

I'm not going to lose sleep over how we won.
I don’t think anyone is losing sleep over games that have already been won. I think the consistent, repeated errors that will be hard to overcome in road playoff games is what has people’s attention.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Not the ole "you have zero credibility and less football knowledge" line.

Funny, how Dak, with that patch work OL, has time to overthrow receivers who are wide open.

Please, leave the heavy lifting to fans who are trying to have an honest discussion. ;)
Truth hurt?

Yah every QB in the league hits the long ball ...... every time.

You need help with ANYTHING heavy.......

Gaede

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is losing sleep over games that have already been won. I think the consistent, repeated errors that will be hard to overcome in road playoff games is what has people’s attention.

No one can predict the future. I think we get way too bent out of shape over possibilities and potential outcomes here instead of focusing on what actually happened.

Dak struggling at times yesterday does not mean anything for the playoffs. But the win yesterday brings us closer to the playoffs. That's a fact.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
No one can predict the future. I think we get way too bent out of shape over possibilities and potential outcomes here instead of focusing on what actually happened.

Dak struggling at times yesterday does not mean anything for the playoffs. But the win yesterday brings us closer to the playoffs. That's a fact.
The best predictor of the future is past behavior. If Dak is consistently taking drive killing sacks, putting the ball on the ground, and missing open guys for TDs that means there’s a good probability he will continue to do so. Until he stops. Since turnover + or - is a strong indicator of W/L, and this defense (as good as it is) doesn’t take the ball away much, it makes sense that we should hope for Dak to clean some of this up if we hope to do well in the playoffs. So to say a struggling QB means nothing for the playoffs isn’t really true.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Your title totally contradicts what you are "trying" to say. Very misleading.

That's what happens when you read the title only and jump to conclusions. Trying to blame erod for you guys coming off like asshats is hilarious.

Just goes to show you can't even hint at saying anything negative about Dak around here, whether its warranted or not.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's what happens when you read the title only and jump to conclusions. Trying to blame erod for you guys coming off like asshats is hilarious.

Just goes to show you can't even hint at saying anything negative about Dak around here, whether its warranted or not.
Wrong. I read his opening statement before I posted. He still flip-flops with what he is trying to say.