Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Once again we leave out an OL that is patch work.

If you're judging Dak right now you have zero credibility and less football knowledge.

It's less than fair..........

Not the ole "you have zero credibility and less football knowledge" line.

Funny, how Dak, with that patch work OL, has time to overthrow receivers who are wide open.

Please, leave the heavy lifting to fans who are trying to have an honest discussion. ;)

Bennie

Reaction score
I get the sentiment and frustration of the OP, but putting Rush in would not have been the smart thing. Dak having some struggles doesn't mean Rush would be better, and given the pressure of the situation and his lack of playing time and work with the first team, and the fact we were playing with a makeshift O-Line, odds are he would have been like a deer in the headlights. Frustrating as it was, sticking with Dak was the only thing the team could do.

You obviously missed the point of his post. He wasn't saying to bench Dak for his bad play. He was saying that with better production from the QB position the back up should have been playing by the 4th quater. The game should have been a blow out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You obviously missed the point of his post. He wasn't saying to bench Dak for his bad play. He was saying that with better production from the QB position the back up should have been playing by the 4th quater. The game should have been a blow out.

I figured that out later and have written posts attesting to that.

Vandyr

Reaction score
No kidding.

We won a tough game against the super bowl champs.

Our qb threw for 3td 450 yd and won the game.

But hey, we could've won it EVEN more if we benched the guy who WON the game.

There are some dumb posts but this one takes the prize

Your lack of reading comprehension is what takes the prize.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
LOL, apparently reading comprehension is not a strength of this message board.

I suggest about half of you re-read the OP, then try again.

Not once did I suggest that Rush replace Dak if this was a close game. Not once.
Why did
I suggested that the Cowboys should have been way ahead already by the 4th quarter, so Dak could rest on the sideline while Rush ran out the clock in garbage time.

R.E.A.D.
LOL, apparently reading comprehension is not a strength of this message board.

I suggest about half of you re-read the OP, then try again.

Not once did I suggest that Rush replace Dak if this was a close game. Not once.

I suggested that the Cowboys should have been way ahead already by the 4th quarter, so Dak could rest on the sideline while Rush ran out the clock in garbage time.

R.E.A.D.
Could have wrote this instead of an unrealistic thread where receivers are open all game , could've had 500 yards receiving , could've passed for 600 yards etc, etc. Instead and "realistically" could have gave a little credit like any other QB would receive for the 4th QTR. and OT. The Boys previous QB would be praised for a game like this but the current one is vilified.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't say put Rush in during a tight ball game in the 4th quarter.

I said they should have put Rush in because they should have been up 35-3 in a laugher so he could run out the clock.

That game should have been long over by then.
Roger that. I definitely didn't read closely, My bad.

Gaede

Reaction score
Your lack of reading comprehension is what takes the prize.
Ok, sure bud.

I admit I didn't read the post in full.

As did many others.

That being said, the op is still a dumb post, as we won the game and should be celebrating.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

Exactly, that should’ve been patently obvious to anyone with even basic reading comprehension

But it’s a lot easier for many people to feign out rage at Erod Rather than actually address the crux of his post, that being that last nights game should’ve been a complete blowout

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
As mad as I was at Dak yesterday I never called for Cooper Rush. That's stupid. We have no other QB's on this team. You replace Dak with them and you turn into the Deadskins. Probably wouldn't win another game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.
Just when I finished giving you credit in another thread, I have to tune into this crapola of all crapolas thread coming from you, erod? Sheesh. Talk about a major dump. Why am I not surprised? :facepalm:

erod

Reaction score
Ok, sure bud.

I admit I didn't read the post in full.

As did many others.

That being said, the op is still a dumb post, as we won the game and should be celebrating.

The Cowboys ran 45 more plays than Philly and dominated every statistical category imagineable other than turnovers.

This should have been a crushing defeat for Philly. Demoralizing. But it was finally decided on a tipped ball in overtime.

I'm celebrating the win, too, but I want to see this team put together a resounding victory that will play well in the postseason. The last two weeks won't cut it.

erod

Reaction score
Just when I finished giving you credit in another thread, I have to tune into this crapola of all crapolas thread coming from you, erod? Sheesh. Talk about a major dump. Why am I not surprised? :facepalm:

The point is the same if you read the post. Dak should have been laughing on the sidelines while Rush was handing off to Olawale in the 4th quarter.

erod

Reaction score
As mad as I was at Dak yesterday I never called for Cooper Rush. That's stupid. We have no other QB's on this team. You replace Dak with them and you turn into the Deadskins. Probably wouldn't win another game.

Good lord, please read the post. You know your football, and that was not the point at all.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.

If Jerry buys into the Dak-Crush our team and this talent base will be in the Dak-Wasteland for years to come......in the end ball is in Jerry's court and may the force be with him......I mean can he really be this stupid???
hmmmmmm time will tell....

P.S. Cooper Rush is a better passer hands down .....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The point is the same if you read the post. Dak should have been laughing on the sidelines while Rush was handing off to Olawale in the 4th quarter.
No, that's not what you said. Even other posters are calling you out on this thread.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Dak (and especially Amari) had an excellent 4th quarter and are the reason we won. But Dak was pretty terrible in the first 3 quarters. He needs to have better ball control and connect on those big passes.