Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Better yet, Jerry should have signed you at half time and I'm sure you would have been ready to toss that pigskin over that mountain eh Rico?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.
Sure is good that you’re not the coach. In case you were in the bathroom and missed it, the Cowboys won. Dak had 455 yds passing and 3 td’s.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Rush could have used the work and the Eagles were ripe to be blown out in that one giving him a chance at some reps..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree. People are comparing Dak's performance to Romo. I think they're the opposite in many ways. Romo destroyed defenses on a regular basis but would have the occasional multi-turnover game that would kill us. Dak is mediocre on a regular basis and has the occasional stretch of brilliance like the 4th quarter yesterday.
5 wins in a row.

erod

Reaction score
Erod, I actually enjoyed some of your posts in the old forum but this Dak hate is just silly and sad. And yes I read it. I saw your point was that Rush should’ve played because it should’ve been a blowout by then. But the “drag this guy” and bus driver comments show you don’t appreciate the warrior Dak is. He has more 4th quarter comebacks than most of the “great” QBs playing. Not many bus drivers do that.
Dak kept Philly in that game yesterday. Don't you agree? Dallas played almost 6 consecutive quarters without a touchdown.

Just about all NFL players are warriors. I hate that analogy. Dak is a tough sumbich, no doubt, and he brings certain unmistakable things to the table. But often, this team has to outplay his mistakes and shortcomings. That's just the reality of it.

Dak turned garbage time into overtime yesterday.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.
Haters gonna hate. It’s what they love, live to do. Sad.

FTWayne

Reaction score
get a clue if Dak had played any bit good 3/4 of the game it would have not taken a lucky catch to win the game. Sheesh sensitive much? and we could have rested Dak and put the second stringers in. sheesh the game should have been a blow out.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I actually wasn't nearly as down on his performance as many others were. He's very flawed but he battled and he tried to push the ball down the field all game.

And, if we're being fair, he is clutch. He does elevate his play late in games.

He will never be a great or even good starting QB but I thought this was about the best version of him that we can hope for.

I think this is the first post that you actually gave Prescott some credit. I did the same thing last night as well because I also do not think to highly of Prescott. I do not know if he can take this team deep in the playoffs or not but I hope he finds a way. for better or worse we as cowboys fans are stuck with Prescott so hopefully he can get better.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak kept Philly in that game yesterday. Don't you agree? Dallas played almost 6 consecutive quarters without a touchdown.

Just about all NFL players are warriors. I hate that analogy. Dak is a tough sumbich, no doubt, and he brings certain unmistakable things to the table. But often, this team has to outplay his mistakes and shortcomings. That's just the reality of it.

We went without a TD for 15 Quarters last season under Dak...don't waste your time erod there Dak-Zoids ....Dak first and then the Star....unique times in these forums....

BleedinBlue

Reaction score

I think Dak outplayed his mistakes in yesterdays game after all it was he whom kept chucking the ball downfield, He overcame his mistakes. To discount a team completion record , 455 yards . 3 TD's is being disingenuous and a biased view.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is the first post that you actually gave Prescott some credit. I did the same thing last night as well because I also do not think to highly of Prescott. I do not know if he can take this team deep in the playoffs or not but I hope he finds a way. for better or worse we as cowboys fans are stuck with Prescott so hopefully he can get better.

Not true. I've given him credit for the few things he brings to the team. They just don't make up for the lack of skill set. Don't misunderstand my post. I would trade him yesterday for a real QB.

If he's family he's the mother-in-law.

erod

Reaction score
I think Dak outplayed his mistakes in yesterdays game after all it was he whom kept chucking the ball downfield, He overcame his mistakes.
He rallied, no doubt, and I was crazy excited in the end in that stadium. The high-fives were flying.

lwehlers

Reaction score
should Wentz have been benched for Foles in the second half?
maybe?
The pick at the goal line was a good throw that a DB happened to make a great play on. The other pick was a terrible throw though, and there were a number of off target throws that were frustrating. This was a game where the big yardage stats make it appear he played better than he did.

I do not believe that it was a poor underthrow in my opinion. I rewinded the play and it was worse then the first time.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Not true. I've given him credit for the few things he brings to the team. They just don't make up for the lack of skill set. Don't misunderstand my post. I would trade him yesterday for a real QB.

If he's family he's the mother-in-law.
I also would trade him for a real qb.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I also would trade him for a real qb.

I would trade him for a couple of Cheeseburgers....look at it this way his presence can only hinder our team....we WIN in spite of his trash performances....

ShortRound

Reaction score
I actually wasn't nearly as down on his performance as many others were. He's very flawed but he battled and he tried to push the ball down the field all game.

And, if we're being fair, he is clutch. He does elevate his play late in games.

He will never be a great or even good starting QB but I thought this was about the best version of him that we can hope for.

Wow

InTheZone

Reaction score
Hmmm, didn't see this sentiment after the Jags game. I think most understood but are calling a spade a spade.Knowing people's posting history this was just a round about way to bash Dak. Knowing the hatred for the Egals , someone let there ego get in the way of what was a hard faught East match up. Dak doesn't get credit for the win but blame because it wasn't a blowout. Wash. rinse, repeat
He gets some credit, but he was single handedly the reason why we almost lost. Game ball to Cooper, Zeke, and the defense.