Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no fairness to others if you didn't read and went strictly off the headlines. That's just y'all's fault like you said. No need for any but this that and the other. Just read it closely and you wouldn't have had that misunderstanding like I didn't when I read the post.

I disagree. I suspect the title of the thread, along with the first couple of paragraphs, was intended to mislead the reader, and it accomplished that purpose.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.

Hey I didnt have as nearly the great views you did of the field but even I got blasted on here for saying BENCH DAK.

He was playing so terrible how could one not want that?

blumayne38

Reaction score
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.
I was at the Dallas vs eagles game daks rookie year that we won in OT on the roll out throw to witten. And when you’re there in person and can see the whole field you can really see for yourself how bad daks QB vision is. Dez should have went off that game he was 1v1 all game and was getting wayyyy open. It was frustrating to watch...

Gaede

Reaction score
Hence, "game ball to Zeke, Cooper, defense"...

What I'm saying is that it makes no sense to be angry at someone for something that didn't happen.

We won and Dak was a big reason for that.

pansophy

Reaction score
I was pretty disgusted by Dak’s first 3 quarters of play too. But thank goodness he was in there for the 4th quarter and OT. Any write-up that doesn’t acknowledge that fact tells only half the story.
Yep, why he is loved and hated we're both on full display.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Wow, when somebody says "what a stupid thread" when they only read the title, it is ok to respond in kind with the same level of thought and consideration.
Erod, this thread is a perfect illustration of our societies lack of comprehension. It is scary actually. America needs to wake up and learn how to read again. Make America Read Again. Or Make America Understand Again. Sheesh. It also illustrates how the media passes around false info and fake news because Americans are too lazy to check the facts themselves and apparently too dumb to understand what they read in the first place. SMH.

erod

Reaction score
Erod, this thread is a perfect illustration of our societies lack of comprehension. It is scary actually. America needs to wake up and learn how to read again. Make America Read Again. Or Make America Understand Again. Sheesh. It also illustrates how the media passes around false info and fake news because Americans are too lazy to check the facts themselves and apparently too dumb to understand what they read in the first place. SMH.
Yep, the latter point you made especially. It is truly painful to me how ill-informed people are today. Just basic things like how to estimate what 70% of 25,000 is or where Nebraska is on a map. No historical context or knowledge, even of the most basic things like "when were the Dark Ages" or "name the axis powers in World War II." A high percentage of people haven't a clue.

The folks here are actually on the plus side of that curve by a good margin. Most of society is walking around in the intellectual dark.

At my company, just about anything that goes out through email has to cross my desk. Finding people, even executives, who can write well is the proverbial needle in a sea of haystacks. It didn't used to be that way.

Such is.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I disagree. I suspect the title of the thread, along with the first couple of paragraphs, was intended to mislead the reader, and it accomplished that purpose.
Of course you and any other person who half read it would disagree. You couldn't have been tricked if you didn't half way read it period.

Edit:I'll even give you that reading the title might have had you thinking that but reading the whole post you see that's not the case. That's why I can't agree with you provided you read the post. If you came in emotion guns blazing yes I can agree with you.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, the latter point you made especially. It is truly painful to me how ill-informed people are today. Just basic things like how to estimate what 70% of 25,000 is or where Nebraska is on a map. No historical context or knowledge, even the most basic things like "what were the Dark Ages" or "name the axis powers in World War II." A high percentage people haven't a clue.

The folks here are actually on the plus side of that curve by a good margin. Most of society is walking around in the intellectual dark.
Yea, but the thread title was misleading to its content.

This society has a 7 word attention span. :)

Prime21

Reaction score
This is a pretty bold thread considering what Dak did in the 4th quarter and OT.

I was screaming at the TV for 3 quarters because of Dak's lack of accuracy and bad picks but I kind of figured he might turn it around. He has some clutch gene to him. Not that I thought he would go for almost 240 yards and 3 TDs in the 4th and OT.

This is who we are now. We will grind on the ground and play defense. Dak will have his moments of looking very bad and when he does we just have to hope he can clutch it out in the end.

erod

Reaction score
Yea, but the thread title was misleading to its content.

This society has a 7 word attention span. :)
That used to be called clever. ;)

Today, in our "describe middle eastern political landscape in 60 characters or less" world, it's suddenly unacceptable to be clever.

You remember when I used to write more traditional column-style posts here? People complained so much about the length, I stopped doing it. And I didn't find them overly verbose.

erod

Reaction score
This is a pretty bold thread considering what Dak did in the 4th quarter and OT.

I was screaming at the TV for 3 quarters because of Dak's lack of accuracy and bad picks but I kind of figured he might turn it around. He has some clutch gene to him. Not that I thought he would go for almost 240 yards and 3 TDs in the 4th and OT.

This is who we are now. We will grind on the ground and play defense. Dak will have his moments of looking very bad and when he does we just have to hope he can clutch it out in the end.

The issue is, what happens when Dak gets that late start in the playoffs, but the defense has already given up 17 points? Our defense isn't going to shut people out every week.

These red zone problems need to be solved asap.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
Yep, the latter point you made especially. It is truly painful to me how ill-informed people are today. Just basic things like how to estimate what 70% of 25,000 is or where Nebraska is on a map. No historical context or knowledge, even of the most basic things like "when were the Dark Ages" or "name the axis powers in World War II." A high percentage of people haven't a clue.

At my company, just about anything that goes out through email has to cross my desk. Finding people, even executives, who can write well is the proverbial needle in a sea of haystacks. It didn't used to be that way.

Such is.
This all started with the advent of Email. When Email came out, people started writing in a less informal way and it became the proverbial slippery slope to where we are at now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Today, in our "describe middle eastern political landscape in 60 characters or less" world, it's suddenly unacceptable to be clever.

You remember when I used to write more traditional column-style posts here? People complained so much about the length, I stopped doing it. And I didn't find them overly verbose.
At least you have good spelling and grammar skills. No smocking guns. Lol

Yea, I’ve tried to limit my post length as well unless I’m responding to someone who I think might read it all. Ha

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course you and any other person who half read it would disagree. You couldn't have been tricked if you didn't half way read it period.

Sounds like you are trying real hard to justify an intentionally misleading thread title. I have already admitted I should have read closer, so that's my bad. But that doesn't mean the OP handled things as he should have. It's BS journalism when a reporter puts out a misleading headline, and the same applies to posters who create a thread,

erod

Reaction score
This all started with the advent of Email. When Email came out, people started writing in a less informal way and it became the proverbial slippery slope to where we are at now.
My kids get so sick of how particular I am about anything they write. Even their texts.

My junior in college, however, has told me more than once how much she appreciates it now. And my second one is lauded in high school about her writing, which quite frankly, would have been slightly above average at best 30 years ago.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No, it's the tabloid style writing that is common with today's media. It's an effort to draw in a reader based on a headline rather than content. I'll take responsibility for not reading closer to recognize this - I usually pick up on it, and this time I did not, but it doesn't change the fact that the title was misleading.

erod

Reaction score
Sounds like you are trying real hard to justify an intentionally misleading thread title. I have already admitted I should have read closer, so that's my bad. But that doesn't mean the OP handled things as he should have. It's BS journalism when a reporter puts out a misleading headline, and the same applies to posters who create a thread,

It's really not misleading. It's called a tease. I meant every word of that title, but for a different reason than you initially anticipated. It's like a twist at the end of a movie; most people like that.