Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter

bark

Reaction score
Do you honestly not get the point?

It should have been a blowout, and Dak should have had a cap on as Rush ran out the clock.
Well if that was indeed your point then no I didn’t. My apologies. It’s hard to decipher the craziness on here at times.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
True, people put Dak under the microscope. I don't think anyone here would dispute he made some mistakes in this game but he also made a lot of big plays in this game to help his team win. This site gets so agenda driven it is pathetic at times.

:clap::clap::clap:

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I'll take that performance with a few mistakes turning the ball over than I would one of his patented conservative 180 yard checkdown games.

They ran 99 plays. That had a lot to do with so many passing yards but it also was about the QB looking down field more this game than probably any game this year.

Totally agree, Risen. Dak has a ton of flaws, but I'll take this version over almost any other. Also as you said in an earlier comment, I'm not sure how anyone can argue he doesn't elevate his game in late-game and pressure situations. He's able to rebound from huge mistakes and play lights out later on. You'd rather not have the mistakes, but it's an admirable and rare trait nonetheless.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I said it in another thread but it applies to this one as well.

He is so frustrating with his Bi-Polar playing.

Sometimes he makes great plays at the ends of games to almost will us to a win but usually that is only after he has made terrible plays prior to that which put us in a situation where we could easily lose.

I think this and the saints game we lost the turn over ration and still managed to win. That does not happen too often. It is not unheard of but still not the way you want to do it.

One minute you are screaming at him to get rid of the bleeping ball before he takes a sack fumble.

The next minute you are cheering after he makes a great move or run to gain a first down or avoid a sack. Or he makes a great throw.

I admit at one point I was so aggravated that I too said to myself, why not give the backup a chance...only for Dak to pull the 4th quarter and OT heroics.

Its hard to hate a player like him, it's also hard to love a player like him. Makes so many mistakes, bad throws, fumbles, turnovers to get you so angry only to go down and win the game when it gets to the nitty gritty.

Yet you still have fans that LOVE him and HATE him.

That type of thing can be so crazy and it is no wonder why there is such a division on Dak among the fans.

:clap:Excellent thread and observations.

erod

Reaction score
It is mind-boggling how many people have posted in this thread who obviously only read the title.

But it is so "Cowboys fan" of them. We truly are the most ridiculous fan base in American professional sports.

LOL

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.

What a bitter fan. The noticeable decay of the fanbase is as prevelant as ever

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, no, no. You don't throw a line drive pass across a zone defense with a receiver running across the field to the corner. You put some air under that ball and throw it to the back corner.

Now, to be fair, you do see that happen in the NFL to good quarterbacks. I didn't fault him too much for that one, but that's not the way to throw that route.

I don't disagree that a little more air with it dropping in perfectly in the back of the end zone might have been better, but if it drops into the receiver's arms it is a good throw, and that's exactly what would have happened had the other DB not dropped off his man and made a great play. Note, I'm not arguing that it was the absolute perfect throw without even the tiniest shred of room for discussion - if that's the expectation then there is no chance to ever like any QB. But he put the throw on the money, and a DB made a great read and play. It happens.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

#deleteyouraccount

links18

Reaction score
I actually wasn't nearly as down on his performance as many others were. He's very flawed but he battled and he tried to push the ball down the field all game.

And, if we're being fair, he is clutch. He does elevate his play late in games.

He will never be a great or even good starting QB but I thought this was about the best version of him that we can hope for.

That best version of him turned a game that should have been a blow-out into a nail biter.

erod

Reaction score
I don't disagree that a little more air with it dropping in perfectly in the back of the end zone might have been better, but if it drops into the receiver's arms it is a good throw, and that's exactly what would have happened had the other DB not dropped off his man and made a great play. Note, I'm not arguing that it was the absolute perfect throw without even the tiniest shred of room for discussion - if that's the expectation then there is no chance to ever like any QB. But he put the throw on the money, and a DB made a great read and play. It happens.
Not sure how you can call such an easy interception a good throw. Sure, it was in stride....for both Cooper and the defensive back in front of him.

links18

Reaction score

Dak is very flawed, but there is a reason its only Rush and White behind him on the bench. The organization doesn't want him to have look over his shoulder much. He is their guy.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
So you think "what a stupid thread" is a thoughtful and productive post in a thread?

Keep reaching. You're beat.

To be fair, I didn’t think your original post was thoughtful or productive, either.

erod

Reaction score
Right!!..lol
Who posts this after a big Win?? Oh I wanted the backup to play, blah blah, so you didn't want to win

Are you honestly unable to grasp the point?

Read the damn post again.

This is so typical. LOL

Tommy

Reaction score
Apparently you missed the point of the thread. The point being that we should have been up big in the 4th quarter allowing us to play our QB2.
I think most people are not reading the thread. They just respond to the thread title.

erod

Reaction score
To be fair, I didn’t think your original post was thoughtful or productive, either.

So you thought Dallas should have been in a nail-biter in that 4th quarter despite have a million times the TOP, yards, and first downs that Philly had?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Was I upset with Dak in the first 3 quarters for his turnovers and mistakes, yes I was. However, I still think that some are so negative on Dak that they'll have a double standard between Dak and other QBs. Like Wentz failing to score in the first half. Something Dak would get criticized for, along with being criticized for the wide open WRs were missed. Both QBs missed wide open WRs and Dak is the main one who gets criticized for it.

Wentz couldn't do anything until his D got a turnover. Yet, if Wentz wins the game, then I don't believe that his supporters would be focusing on his lack luster first half or would have said "The Eagles would have won by more points/the game shouldn't have been close). Wentz would just get credit for being a great, elite QB, despite his lack luster first half.

Getting shut out in the first half, would no doubts be held against Dak, even if he had a better 4th quarter like Wentz did. Much like how Dak's turnovers are held against him and people focus on that. Despite Dak having a flawless, turnover free, high yardage, 3 TD game in the 4th quarter/OT to win the game. From what I have seen, if any other QB does that, then he gets credit and praised on this board. Mahomes had multiple turnovers against the Rams. Is still considered an MVP contender and he should be, but it shows that even in his best game, Mahomes hasn't played perfect and nor has any other QB in top play contention.

Bears Defense won the game last night, with how their QB kept turning the ball over. But, Dak will still get more criticism than him