Cooper Rush

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hush? Seriously? You obviously don't have the power to control what comes out of your own mouth, much less mine. When you post something as blatantly ignorant as calling Dak a wuss on an online forum, you don't get to choose whether or not another member can respond. The only reason for me to hush is that you care more about trolling than you do having an adult conversation. Anyone with an intelligent thought to share is wasting it if the other person isn't really interested in anything other than seeing what reactions they can get.

I can 100% guaranteed that you don't speak for what Dak cares about or doesn't.

As for you, you cared enough to respond.
If you want to be taken seriously....you'd admit that mountaineer didn't actually call him a wus....yet.
Just sayin.:)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's not really a plan, they didn't plan on Prescott not playing.

They've got 40M in QB1, how much do they devote to the backup? They're challenged drafting QB's with players like Rush and DiNucci and they're QB1 reliant but aren't TB, GB, LAR, BUF, KC, BAL, AZ, CIN, SEA and LAC in the same boat?

I looked at this team and would rather have a decent player on D to get into rotation than a backup QB. I can't really fault them but I will pile on because that's fun.

And in all fairness, how many complained about Steele at backup OT?

One thing about Rush, he can't complain about a lack of weapons, this team is a backup QB's dream. He has never QB'd an offense this good so maybe he shows us something?
How do you know what Kellen Moore is planning for? You know nothing!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you know what Kellen Moore is planning for? You know nothing!
What the hell does Moore have to do with it? I was referring to the Joneses, the ones that make the decisions about the talent. Moore will do what he has to do.

And I do know something but I can't share it with you or it won't be special, my precious, to me anymore.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What the hell does Moore have to do with it? I was referring to the Joneses, the ones that make the decisions about the talent. Moore will do what he has to do.

And I do know something but I can't share it with you or it won't be special, my precious, to me anymore.
:facepalm: talking to you is a waste of time. Thanks for reminding me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How effective will Prescott be if he's immobile and can't move around that pocket when he needs to? They might be better off with a QB that can move and not be a stationary target for Zimmer's D.

quickccc

Reaction score
Cooper Rush must be Poker table friends ...been here, cut and back here, and back here again, ..as primary back up.

Hoping for a miracle shocking win should Rush have to start .. but aside from the surprising Andy Dalton signing last year, this is the kind of neglect
at the backup QB role that this team continues to make and could end up costing the team in some capacity.

With Rush EVERYTHING has to be in so very place with him.
- The first read and throw has to be there, .
.- Any 2nd and 3rd receiver, it breaks down for him,
-..The run game has to help him lead, he has to always have perfect pass protection, even with the blitz pick up.,..
- He has never shown the ability to adlib and scramble around to find the moving target,
- If he's first read is covered, the play crumbles into a sack or hit incomplete.
- Never started an single NFL game, and i cannot recall when he even got mop-up duty.
- Below average arm, he works off lofting the more vertical plays, never gains velocity
- Complete dink-dunk operator. The longer the field that he has to push the ball, the more he struggles.
- May have the football IQ, but what good is that when he's so very limited with his arm or feet.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Didn't Tom Brady play the entire 2020 season with a knee injury that required surgery? AND he kept it a secret?

If you can't reach that level of competitiveness then you're just always fighting for 2nd place.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My hope if Dak is ready to go. As for Rush if you notice one important thing in this clip, there is no Cooper or Lamb or even Gallup in these clips. There is no Zeke or Pollard and the OL few to no starters.
Frankly I can't say good or bad that Rush can do since he has never been called on to play. Clearly if he is forced into action I would not expect him to carry the offense, Cowboys would need to establish run and if Minn brings up safety in run support then it falls to WR getting open and making the play.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I will say it...I WANT Rush to start on Sunday! We need to see what we have with him, for better or worse. There are 17 games on the schedule, if Dak misses one and still plays 16, that will be fine. In fact, with the extra game now, I think teams should consider allowing one key player to rest for one game

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I understand you can’t be good at every position but dang we really dropped the ball letting Rush be the guy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The decision has been made. They just aren't sharing it yet. They may not have even communicated it to Dak. I would expect him to not take it well if he is being sidelined one game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How effective will Prescott be if he's immobile and can't move around that pocket when he needs to? They might be better off with a QB that can move and not be a stationary target for Zimmer's D.

saw him out on the field yesterday, did not look immobile at all.