Cooper Rush

FVSTONE

Reaction score
It's looking like there is a chance that Cooper starts on Sunday....if he does and we win, will we have a QB controversy and will some of our friends come back to the CZ......that would be fun...
Say What?????? Dak is the MAN, no if's and's or but's about it.

plymkr

Reaction score
The Coopster ain’t the Nooch. He’s capable with this team & 2 weeks between games. He’s not for 4, 5, or more games.
Ok so that's the question I have. If Rush starts on sunday is there a chance we can still win? I've heard mixed reviews of Minnesota. I've heard they would be a hard fought win even if Dak played then I've read they aren't very good. So can anyone give me an honest assessment of Minnesota and if Dak sits can Rush beat them.

If Dak is concerned about this lingering then i say sit him. I don't want to throw away the season for one game.

Swagger

Reaction score
Is it really worth risking Prescott? He could tear his calf muscle and miss multiple games. If it was about just enduring pain whilst playing but not making the injury any worse then of course he would play. As it is, if he plays and exacerbates the injury then people will argue why on earth did he play etc

Jipper

Reaction score
Is it really worth risking Prescott? He could tear his calf muscle and miss multiple games. If it was about just enduring pain whilst playing but not making the injury any worse then of course he would play. As it is, if he plays and exacerbates the injury then people will argue why on earth did he play etc

The only people who know if he's healed to the point where there is no additional risk are him and the medical trainers....and I guarantee you if they feel there is any substantial risk to reinjuring it he won't be out there...

We should all listen to what dak said about going 100 percent I'm practice yesterday...that's key, if he has already tested at max load and it's held up then that bodes very well.

All ridiculousness aside, that's the one piece of information that is a direct indicator of potential likelihood to play.

Not Vegas, not speculation on here, not all these ridiculous go and no go reports

OGCowboy

Reaction score
All you haters better be careful....Tha Rush may ball out and be the second coming of the Mad Bomber...:D

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper Rush means Zimmer sells out to stop the rush and puts the game all on him. Think he's capable of handling that? I do not.

The Cowboys went into this season with QB1 recovering and have no plan if he should stumble. They failed at backup QB and are all in on Prescott's health.

If they're forced to start Rush, they deserve to lose. They're considering having the 3rd QB active if Prescott can start. That's real confidence in the #2.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Cooper Rush means Zimmer sells out to stop the rush and puts the game all on him. Think he's capable of handling that? I do not.

The Cowboys went into this season with QB1 recovering and have no plan if he should stumble. They failed at backup QB and are all in on Prescott's health.

If they're forced to start Rush, they deserve to lose. They're considering having the 3rd QB active if Prescott can start. That's real confidence in the #2.

100%.........another case of this team not being proactive. They've had 2 weeks ........I probably would have shut Dak down this game and brought in another QB after the first week if there's was any doubt he could ready.

Jipper

Reaction score
Does Cooper Rush suck? Based on what we have seen YES

However....we might be surprised with the way this group is playing as a team

There is something to the way they a playing together that makes me feel they might be able to weather a week or two....

Then again, he could just play like dog crap and we lose 27-12

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah...such a wuss. He's the same guy on the ground last year with a compound ankle fracture and he tried to bang it on the turf to knock it back in place. All the while you're banging away on a keyboard at home talking trash about a man you couldn't possibly be tougher than in the hopes of collecting a few more fake internet points.
Oh hush. Dak don't care about your thoughts and neither do I.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty sad really that our back up plan is Cooper Rush.
That's not really a plan, they didn't plan on Prescott not playing.

They've got 40M in QB1, how much do they devote to the backup? They're challenged drafting QB's with players like Rush and DiNucci and they're QB1 reliant but aren't TB, GB, LAR, BUF, KC, BAL, AZ, CIN, SEA and LAC in the same boat?

I looked at this team and would rather have a decent player on D to get into rotation than a backup QB. I can't really fault them but I will pile on because that's fun.

And in all fairness, how many complained about Steele at backup OT?

One thing about Rush, he can't complain about a lack of weapons, this team is a backup QB's dream. He has never QB'd an offense this good so maybe he shows us something?

Scotman

Reaction score
Oh hush. Dak don't care about your thoughts and neither do I.

Hush? Seriously? You obviously don't have the power to control what comes out of your own mouth, much less mine. When you post something as blatantly ignorant as calling Dak a wuss on an online forum, you don't get to choose whether or not another member can respond. The only reason for me to hush is that you care more about trolling than you do having an adult conversation. Anyone with an intelligent thought to share is wasting it if the other person isn't really interested in anything other than seeing what reactions they can get.

I can 100% guaranteed that you don't speak for what Dak cares about or doesn't.

As for you, you cared enough to respond.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hush? Seriously? You obviously don't have the power to control what comes out of your own mouth, much less mine. When you post something as blatantly ignorant as calling Dak a wuss on an online forum, you don't get to choose whether or not another member can respond. The only reason for me to hush is that you care more about trolling than you do having an adult conversation. Anyone with an intelligent thought to share is wasting it if the other person isn't really interested in anything other than seeing what reactions they can get.

I can 100% guaranteed that you don't speak for what Dak cares about or doesn't.

As for you, you cared enough to respond.
You're way too emotional for me to waste time interacting with you.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It's looking like there is a chance that Cooper starts on Sunday....if he does and we win, will we have a QB controversy and will some of our friends come back to the CZ......that would be fun...
According to the talking heads we are not going to the Super Bowl because we did not sign a quality backup.:omg:.:eek::eek::confused::facepalm: