Twitter: Cooper waiting for his opportunities

Loso86

Reaction score
----- I’m just staying ready for when my opportunity comes because it will come

Sure....because now you are at home. Kind of been your MO over the years.
Um or he could just not have a QB that can read and ***** quick enough to go through all the reads properly. Not to menti9n inaccurate alot. But I mean hey

817Gill

Reaction score
errr… he’s saying I’m not getting double teamed but still not getting the ball because the QB just doesn’t get it done

no way to spin it
Yup he’s totally just crapping on the guy that he teamed up with and accelerated his career. Probably wishes he was still a Raider huh.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Straight from the horse's mouth.

Many have argued that Amari Cooper has been getting double and triple teamed. I said no, he hasn't, since the game highlights don't show it. Now, Cooper has admitted as much. He has not been getting double or triple teamed. Purely single coverages. He just needs to stop disappearing and do a better job of getting open early and often. Maybe then he would get more passes thrown to him. $20+ million/year for this lack of production is not good. Start getting open and produce, or take a paycut.
While thats somewhat true, him getting open quicker isn't always the reason for lack of production. For instance QBs have reads on each passing play. He may be 1st but there are other times he may be 2nd or 3rd based off of the call and the defense that is being played or expected to be played. The times a ball is thrown his way in 1 on 1 situations, yeah I'm all over him if he is not valuing his opportunities by not fighting for those catches.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I've always felt it seems the "team" is too content in willingly spreading the ball around without milking your best WR, who is supposed to be a top WR in the NFL. If Cooper is a top 5ish WR that gets mentioned in here, we need to allow him to establish his dominance and allow others to work off of that. Cooper Kupp, Davonte Adams, Justin Jefferson, etc..dont seem to have a problem getting open regardless of defense/coverage. If Cooper is in that class of WR as he's paid, we need to use him that way. This will only make things easier for Lamb and others. So im glad to read that Cooper is "frustrated". Maybe he'll raise his game and we'll see things open up for everyone.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The redzone is not really a place I would target Coop either. Maybe from the 15 yard line out. But he is not that great of a contested ball catcher. Redzone is often about who wants it more when the ball is in the air.. that is Gallup and Lamb terrority.

If you have plays that rely on route and scheme, then sure tee up Coop but fades and jump balls, give me Gallup or Lamb every time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
While thats somewhat true, him getting open quicker isn't always the reason for lack of production. For instance QBs have reads on each passing play. He may be 1st but there are other times he may be 2nd or 3rd based off of the call and the defense that is being played or expected to be played. The times a ball is thrown his way in 1 on 1 situations, yeah I'm all over him if he is not valuing his opportunities by not fighting for those catches.
Understood, but as by far the highest paid WR, one would assume he would and should be the #1 WR to be looked and thrown to. Maybe he's not getting the ball as much because he's not getting open early and/or as often, especially since he now admitted he's only been single covered throughout this season?

If that is the case, why are the Cowboys paying him so much?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Yall seemed happier last year when we were getting stomped every week. Very interesting

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've always felt it seems the "team" is too content in willingly spreading the ball around without milking your best WR, who is supposed to be a top WR in the NFL. If Cooper is a top 5ish WR that gets mentioned in here, we need to allow him to establish his dominance and allow others to work off of that. Cooper Kupp, Davonte Adams, Justin Jefferson, etc..dont seem to have a problem getting open regardless of defense/coverage. If Cooper is in that class of WR as he's paid, we need to use him that way. This will only make things easier for Lamb and others. So im glad to read that Cooper is "frustrated". Maybe he'll raise his game and we'll see things open up for everyone.
That's the problem. Cooper has not been getting open. He just admitted he's been getting single-covered all season, so what has he been waiting for to get open early and often? Now he's upset towards the end of the season? He should have been upset and getting open since Week 1. He's been getting paid crazy amounts of money to show up and dominate every single game since the start of the season. No excuses.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Understood, but as by far the highest paid WR, one would assume he would and should be the #1 WR to be looked and thrown to. Maybe he's not getting the ball as much because he's not getting open early and/or as often, especially since he now admitted he's only been single covered throughout this season?

If that is the case, why are the Cowboys paying him so much?
And that brings me to why we shouldn't overpay guys. Unfortunately it's a trend. Like with Zeke we drafted him 4th overall but is he really worth 15mill? was he ever? Is any RB? We had to pay him because if not it looks like a wasted pick. Traded a 1st for Amari , given his impact I'm not gonna say he wasn't worth it, but now like Zeke high draft capital was given up and you're forced to pay him to justify that trade. If I'm Kellen Moore I'm looking to scheme him open like a mofo. If I'm paying that price tag you can be assured of Alot of targets. Deep targets , slants , shallows you name it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can anybody rank our receivers by speed?
I don't have a clue

SHOCKING :laugh:

Proof

Reaction score
That's the problem. Cooper has not been getting open. He just admitted he's been getting single-covered all season, so what has he been waiting for to get open early and often? Now he's upset towards the end of the season? He should have been upset and getting open since Week 1. He's been getting paid crazy amounts of money to show up and dominate every single game since the start of the season. No excuses.

exactly where was it mentioned he hasn’t been getting open lol. he’s saying the opposite, clearly.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
No way the cowboys justify paying him 19 mil . Don’t see how he can be kept next season wirh Cee Dee and others on the roster
They had to pay him because of giving up a 1st for him. If they gave up say a 5th I wonder if he would even still be here. That's why premium has to be put on certain positions. QB, Oline, Dline. Invest in all those positions first and then let work on that other stuff. If you have a good Oline you can scheme up all kinds of stuff to stretch and stress the defense. If you have a bad Oline - you can get a generational QB killed (see Andrew Luck before they drafted QNelson) same with Dline.