Twitter: Cooper waiting for his opportunities

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Straight from the horse's mouth.

Many have argued that Amari Cooper has been getting double and triple teamed. I said no, he hasn't, since the game highlights don't show it. Now, Cooper has admitted as much. He has not been getting double or triple teamed. Purely single coverages. He just needs to stop disappearing and do a better job of getting open early and often. Maybe then he would get more passes thrown to him. $20+ million/year for this lack of production is not good. Start getting open and produce, or take a paycut.

Cooper has always been regarded by many to be among the best, if not the best route runner in the league.
This current group has been regarded by many to be among the best, if not the best WR group in the league.

Seems unlikely that Cooper has suddenly become unable to get open, in these circumstances. Very unlikely.

stiletto

Reaction score
If CeeDee keeps dropping balls all over the field I am pretty sure Dak is going to be trying to get him the ball more. As a fan I want them BOTH to succeed but can't have all those drops. That stuff is just unacceptable.

stiletto

Reaction score
Cooper has always been regarded by many to be among the best, if not the best route runner in the league.
This current group has been regarded by many to be among the best, if not the best WR group in the league.

Seems unlikely that Cooper has suddenly become unable to get open. in these circumstances. Very unlikely.

I agree. I'm sure they want CeeDee to become the #1 guy. Makes sense, he'll be cheaper but it has kind of backfired with all of his drops but still he racks up the yards. Just hope he doesn't drop a big one or two in a playoff game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
seinfeld-soupnazi.gif

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I agree. I'm sure they want CeeDee to become the #1 guy. Makes sense, he'll be cheaper but it has kind of backfired with all of his drops but still he racks up the yards. Just hope he doesn't drop a big one or two in a playoff game.

I can see a Lamb/Gallup duo next season, with Cooper moving on. But yea, CeeDee is making it harder and harder to be confident in him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Seems unlikely that Cooper has suddenly become unable to get open, in these circumstances. Very unlikely.
Where are the videos to back up your statement? If Cooper has been getting open...but not passed the ball to...surely there should be some film.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe he needs a more capable QB to get him the ball?
Why say maybe.....when the deer in the headlights is doing his panic dance back there how the heck is he going to find Coop????
Only folks catching the ball are check-down Charlies.....and Lamb is one of them if he's not dropping the ball.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100%. Dak needs his WR's to have good separation on most of the throws. Back shoulder, 50/50 balls and tight window passes are not his specialty.
Dak needs a lot of things when is he gonna start giving??????

blueblood70

Reaction score
the issue is the offense is struggling now everyone's pressing and Lamb is leads the league in drops for a starting WR I believe. Not because he has bad hands hes trying to make the big play every catch ie running without the ball secured..everyone wants to be the player to make the big play again in a struggling offense...

issue is if they catch ,more if these passes the offense doesn't need to chunk plays to improve make the dam catch!!! don worry about teh YAC..

just take what the dang defense is giving you and the volume of catches will add up to more 300 yard passing games. its the drops that lowering the passing stats

stiletto

Reaction score
As Lamb catches a 2-yard pass and turns into a 30 yard gain.
The Dak stats looking mighty fine at the end of the game!:omg:

I don't like the Coop vs CeeDee narrative. Cooper has been really really good since he got to Dallas. Dak should be looking his way OFTEN. CeeDee will get his as well. I hate that people try to rate 1 vs the other. Both are great IMO.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like the Coop vs CeeDee narrative. Cooper has been really really good since he got to Dallas. Dak should be looking his way OFTEN. CeeDee will get his as well. I hate that people try to rate 1 vs the other. Both are great IMO.

Coop runs deeper routes and as we've all seen this is not one of Dak's talents.
If it's a 1-5 yard pass Lamb is there or our TE.
Coop is a total waste of cap and talent for our offense.

conner01

Reaction score
Dak seems dead set on getting the overrated Lamb 7-10 targets every week
You forgot about Schultz who gets just about 1 less target a game than lamb
Or the RB’s who get about the same number of targets as lamb