Twitter: Cooper was effectively benched

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What contract talks? If he's healthy, there is nothing to talk about...........he's not a money player and I hope to god we aren't going to be the suckers paying him big money. Give me Randall Cobb. That dude has the kind of toughness we need.
I agree. Not worth the money

HungryLion

Reaction score
Look at Cooper’s body. To me he is overweight. He got very soft looking this season. I am being serious. Anyone else see this?

I honestly think his conditioning is poor due to the injuries. He has been dealing with leg injuries since training camp.

limited in practices or not practicing at all.

some reports I’ve read have stated he is limping or struggling to move around during the weeks.

This has been going on for 5 months now. Since the beginning of August.

5 months of leg injuries, and not practicing and running as often as he should. It has to affect his conditioning. I honestly think that’s why he looks a tad chunky and doesn’t have the same explosiveness. Could be why he is sitting out plays so often.

Players like Amari need to run on a regular basis to maintain that leg conditioning and his speed.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I honestly think his conditioning is poor due to the injuries. He has been dealing with leg injuries since training camp.

some reports I’ve read have stated he is limping or struggling to move around during the weeks.

5 months of leg injuries, and not practicing and running as often as he should. It has to affect his conditioning. I honestly think that’s why he looks a tad chunky and doesn’t have the same explosiveness. Could be why he is sitting out plays so often.

Players like Amari need to run on a regular basis to maintain that leg conditioning and his speed.

Lies. Amari said he's felt the best he has in a while after the Vikes game or something like that? He's fine. He's just not playing good and is reverting back to his old (Oakland) form. 5 Stages of Grief incoming. Not only are Jerry and Stephen going through it, many of us appear to be going through it as well.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lies. Amari said he's felt the best he has in a while after the Vikes game or something like that? He's fine. He's just not playing good and is reverting back to his old (Oakland) form. 5 Stages of Grief incoming. Not only are Jerry and Stephen going through it, many of us appear to be going through it as well.

Yeah. Players don’t lie about being injured all the time.

:rolleyes:

he has clearly been hurt all season long. That’s clear as day. He hasn’t forgotten how to run fast.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Yeah. Players don’t lie about being injured all the time.

:rolleyes:

he has clearly been hurt all season long. That’s clear as day. He hasn’t forgotten how to run fast.

Well he needs to sit then. Its been quite obvious. Both him and Dak are playing their ways out of contracts. How stupid.

HungryLion

Reaction score

And what does his “old Oakland form” mean? The guy who made 2 pro bowls in 3 seasons, and the only season he didn’t make a pro bowl, was one where he was injured?

That Oakland form?

He is hurt as not playing well. I don’t think he forgot how to play football.

links18

Reaction score
What contract talks? If he's healthy, there is nothing to talk about...........he's not a money player and I hope to god we aren't going to be the suckers paying him big money. Give me Randall Cobb. That dude has the kind of toughness we need.

Cobb is at the end of his career. You guys really want to go back to WR by committee. Yeah, let's see how good Gallup is with the likes of Deonte Thompson on the other side again. Is Allen Hurns still out there? He will come cheap, but he isn't worth a darn.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's been playing like crap half the season and not been held accountable. You address that in practice, not in a freaking season defining game.
This was most definitely his worst performance. If it's true that they sat him because they truly believed he wasn't the best option to win, then it wasn't really punishment, so much as trying to win the game.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This was most definitely his worst performance. If it's true that they sat him because they truly believed he wasn't the best option to win, then it wasn't really punishment, so much as trying to win the game.
It's simply a sign of a coach not being able to coach. I'd rather have Cooper than Garrett, or at this point Moore's, too.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
And what does his “old Oakland form” mean? The guy who made 2 pro bowls in 3 seasons, and the only season he didn’t make a pro bowl, was one where he was injured?

That Oakland form?

He is hurt as not playing well. I don’t think he forgot how to play football.

No. The Oakland form the Oakland fans warned us about. The drops. The non-chalant attitude. The pouting. The not fighting to get the ball. The baby soft attitude. The lack of team morale. The lack of caring, etc.

Like I said, if he's so damn hurt its affecting his play this badly, sit the hell out. Dak needed to the same but refused to do so and brought down the team with him. Like I said, they are playing themselves out of contracts. Whatever. Good for us. We are being warned by the football gods before making a monumental contract mistake. Hopefully Jerry realizes this.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cobb is at the end of his career. You guys really want to go back to WR by committee. Yeah, let's see how good Gallup is with the likes of Deonte Thompson on the other side again. Is Allen Hurns still out there? He will come cheap, but he isn't worth a darn.

He's 29 years old and was the only wr who showed up ready to perform at his best. Thats my point. You want to know who the money players are on this team? Yesterdays game will tell you a lot.

And I did use the word IF with Cooper. IF he was healthy and not giving it his all, thats not a behavior the Dallas Cowboys should be rewarding. We want guys who show up when the division is on the line not just in week 5.

HungryLion

Reaction score
No. The Oakland form the Oakland fans warned us about. The drops. The non-chalant attitude. The pouting. The not fighting to get the ball. The baby soft attitude. The lack of team morale. The lack of caring, etc.

Like I said, if he's so damn hurt its affecting his play this badly, sit the hell out. Dak needed to the same but refused to do so and brought down the team with him. Like I said, they are playing themselves out of contracts. Whatever. Good for us. We are being warned by the football gods before making a monumental contract mistake. Hopefully Jerry realizes this.

Your way too overly emotional man.

the drops have always been an issue with him. Not arguing that. His body language has also always been the same since he played in college. It is what it is.

The body language isn’t why he is playing poorly lately though.

and Cooper has always been a big play, big game
Receiver. He is not the possession type guy that catches 6-8 balls a game every game in traffic. He isn’t a jump ball guy. He isn’t a fight a defender with physicality guy.

that isn’t his style of play and never has been.

he is a receiver who beats defenders with speed, and quickness and explosiveness. He is a route running technician who uses technique to juke defenders out of their socks. A guy who once he has the ball. Eta up YAC because he makes guys miss and is hard to catch in the open field.

A high variance player who has some down games but will also catch 8 passes for 180 and 2 TD’s on teams.

that’s who cooper has always been.

The issues right now though are two fold:

1. He is hurt and it robs him of his explosiveness and agility that usually makes him deadly.

2. The whole damn team has quit since the Vikings fiasco. That’s clear as day. It’s not just Cooper having issues right now. Other than the Rams game. The entire cowboys team has ZERO faith in the coaches and it’s plain as day obvious.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I agree he has been hurt for weeks.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Yeah as a matter of fact. The guy was clutch. Maher misses at least one of those FGs.
Had Maher been kicking. They would of left with a goose egg. :lmao:

Hes a hot and cold receiver when it comes to drops.

I remember last year with the raiders X. Howard got in his head and shut him out
Then he isn't worth being here if they won't even play him with the season on the line. Another #1 pick down the drain.
Really? Look at Cooper's last eight games. Then look at ALL of his road games as a Cowboy.
I can't believe some of these posts. How can you honestly believe Coop went from elite to crap for no reason in such a short period of time? My gosh, don't any of you follow your teams players?

Coop has been playing hurt for most of the season, he may have suffered a more serious injury vs Buffalo. Coop injured midway through the fourth quarter after taking a helmet to the knee from Buffalo DB Taron Johnson.

He hasn't been the same since. But yet he's out there trying.