Cop Tasers Guy for Walking Away From Him

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
theogt;1805791 said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMaMYL_shxc

This cop should be fired and sued for everything he's worth.

Nope, that cop did nothing wrong, from what I saw in that video... he was polite, almost friendly, when he walked up... he was not abusive at any point...

The driver just wanted to argue with the cop, and once again, you just don't do that... you won't win... you argue when you go to court...

I guess I just have too many friends who are in law enforcement, and I'm predisposed to have sympathy for the tough job they have to do... I know there are some of them out there who shouldn't have their badges, but the vast majority of them are just trying to do their jobs the right way...

In the last taser video posted on this forum, I thought the cop was a little trigger happy, but this time I thought the cop acted just fine...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
silverbear;1805811 said:
Nope, that cop did nothing wrong, from what I saw in that video... he was polite, almost friendly, when he walked up... he was not abusive at any point...

The driver just wanted to argue with the cop, and once again, you just don't do that... you won't win... you argue when you go to court...

I guess I just have too many friends who are in law enforcement, and I'm predisposed to have sympathy for the tough job they have to do... I know there are some of them out there who shouldn't have their badges, but the vast majority of them are just trying to do their jobs the right way...

In the last taser video posted on this forum, I thought the cop was a little trigger happy, but this time I thought the cop acted just fine...
Don't be an idiot. The cop could have killed him and the guy did absolutely nothing wrong, much less anything that deserved tasing. The guy started backing up as soon as he pulled the gun. I would do the same. Most people would, if someone is pointing a potentially lethal weapon at them.

The cop deserves to be fired and work at a McDonalds for the rest of his life. He's a ****ing *******.

Don't give met his bull**** about "it's a tough job." He did absolutely nothing deserving of being tased. If you resort to a taser immediately just because someone doesn't do exactly as you say, you don't have the mental makeup to be a police officer.

The officer is a giant ***** that deserves to be sued for everything he owns.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
silverbear;1805811 said:

LOL. I just reread this. IT'S THE SAME DAMN VIDEO. IT'S JUST A REPOST.

You were just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

No reasonable human being could think what you think.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Gee, I wonder if theo is overreacting a bit? :rolleyes:

The cop gave him clear and simple instructions. The subject did not comply. He used NON lethal force to "pursuade" him to comply. What else could he have done? Say "Please"? The idiot deserved every ounce of voltage that went through his moronic body.

Quit being a freakin' MORON and do what the officer says and none of that would have happened.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;1805821 said:

The cop gave him clear and simple instructions. The subject did not comply. He used NON lethal force to "pursuade" him to comply. What else could he have done? Say "Please"? The idiot deserved every ounce of voltage that went through his moronic body.

Quit being a freakin' MORON and do what the officer says and none of that would have happened.
Yes, he should have complied immediately with the officers requests.

He did not in any fashion deserve to be tased, though. And the cop should be fired immediately. The cop is obviously mentally unstable.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt;1805823 said:
Yes, he should have complied immediately with the officers requests.

He did not in any fashion deserve to be tased, though. And the cop should be fired immediately. The cop is obviously mentally unstable.

:rolleyes:

What should the cop have done then? The subject was walking away and wouldn't comply. They're on a highway with cars speeding by, should the cop have tried to take the subject down using hand to hand or a nightstick?

What if he tries to grab him and the subject runs into the highway? Or worse, pushes the cop into an incoming car?

The cop used the quickest, safest, most efficient method available to him to control the situation. No way in HELL should he be fired. He did his job.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;1805825 said:
:rolleyes:

What should the cop have done then? The subject was walking away and wouldn't comply. They're on a highway with cars speeding by, should the cop have tried to take the subject down using hand to hand or a nightstick?

What if he tries to grab him and the subject runs into the highway? Or worse, pushes the cop into an incoming car?

The cop used the quickest, safest, most efficient method available to him to control the situation. No way in HELL should he be fired. He did his job.
Uhhh...he could have started by calming the guy down and explaining him why he was giving him a ticket.

The cop wanted to be an *** and then as soon the guy showed any sign that he wasn't going to comply 100% he tased him.

Cops have to deal with difficult people every day. It's part of their job description. This cop handled it about as poorly as you possibly could. Obviously he's mentally unstable.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
He told the guy while he was in the car why he was giving him a ticket.

The cop WAS calm, but the subject became beligirent.

The cop's job isn't to cater to the man's fragile emotional state.

You're full of crap and you don't know the first thing about law enforcement. The cop prevented what could of been a major cluster **** by tasing that moron.

Again, he's a cop, not a freakin' psychologist. He doesn't have to stand there pleading with the guy and explaining to him over and over why he's being arrested.

You wouldn't make it as a cop. You'd be dead in a week.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I for one sure as hell wouldn't listen to a cop or trust him not to do something if I did what he said after he whips out a gun without cause.

Like I said in the previous thread with this video, it's obvious the cop intended to pull the tazer out even before he asked the guy to step out of the car. The cop lost his head big time.

heavyg

Reaction score
theogt;1805826 said:
Uhhh...he could have started by calming the guy down and explaining him why he was giving him a ticket.

The cop wanted to be an *** and then as soon the guy showed any sign that he wasn't going to comply 100% he tased him.

Cops have to deal with difficult people every day. It's part of their job description. This cop handled it about as poorly as you possibly could. Obviously he's mentally unstable.

hahaha......how old are you? The people here can't get you to calm down over this on a message board. What makes you think the officer could have done better with that guy? The guy was told he was under arrest and walked away. THAT IS RESISTING ARREST. Which gave the officer every right to use what ever force was neccesary to complete the arrest. How do you know its part of his job description? Have you ever read it?

heavyg

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1805836 said:
I for one sure as hell wouldn't listen to a cop or trust him not to do something if I did what he said after he whips out a gun without cause.

Like I said in the previous thread with this video, it's obvious the cop intended to pull the tazer out even before he asked the guy to step out of the car. The cop lost his head big time.

And you would be shot plain and simple.

silverbear

Reaction score
theogt;1805814 said:
Don't be an idiot. The cop could have killed him and the guy did absolutely nothing wrong,

There's the idiotic statement... first off, cops use tasers because virtually all of the time, they're non-lethal...

And as for doing absolutely nothing wrong, the guy refused to sign that citation, which puts in jeopardy for being arrested... then when he tried to walk away, that's resisting arrest... so at that point, the cop could have gotten into a fight trying to put the cuffs on the offender, or he could use his taser to put him down...

These days, the police are trained to use the taser instead of getting into a fight...

But hey, if you think that arguing with cops is the right thing to do, and refusing to sign a stupid freakin' TRAFFIC TICKET is worth risking arrest for, then you go right ahead and be stupid... but don't be so stupid as to attempt to resist the cop when you are arrested, or you'll get your butt tased as well...

And you'll deserve it... ALL that freakin' moron had to do was sign the ticket, and be on his way... then if he felt the ticket was unfair, he could fight it IN COURT... which is the PROPER place to argue such things... standing by the side of the road telling a cop he's wrong is not only quite stupid, it stands absolutely no chance or succeeding; indeed, it's more likely to piss the cop off, and cause him to go over your vehicle with a fine tooth comb, looking for other possible violations to cite you for...

The guy started backing up as soon as he pulled the gun. I would do the same.

And you'd be resisting arrest, thus deserving of being tased... when that cop pulled that taser on him, the ONLY proper response was to freeze, and raise your hands and say "I'll do whatever you say, officer"...

So you go ahead and back up, and enjoy the voltage... I'll "surrender", and spare myself the jolt...

So, which one of us would really be the idiot here??

Don't give met his bull**** about "it's a tough job." He did absolutely nothing deserving of being tased. If you resort to a taser immediately just because someone doesn't do exactly as you say, you don't have the mental makeup to be a police officer.

If you let some jagoff with a 'tude resist arrest and don't do anything about it, you don't deserve to be a police officer...

The officer is a giant ***** that deserves to be sued for everything he owns.

Methinks you've had some problems with the law in the past...

silverbear

Reaction score
theogt;1805819 said:
LOL. I just reread this. IT'S THE SAME DAMN VIDEO. IT'S JUST A REPOST.

Gotta LOL along with you there, if it makes you feel any better I've seldom felt more stupid than I do at this moment... :D

But on re-viewing the video once again, I stand beside what I've said in this thread... the guy brought that tasing on himself, and the cop did little to provoke it... right from the start, when the guy tried to argue that the speed limit had just dropped where we saw that sign, and the cop pointed out there was another speed limit sign a half mile earlier, the guy tried to argue with him... it was the cop who walked away from that argument, going back to his vehicle to write the citation...

Then when the cop came back with the citation, the guy started telling the cop what HE (the cop) was going to do... and after the guy got out as the cop ordered he started arguing with the cop AGAIN, after he'd already been told that because he refused to sign the citation, he was gonna have to put under arrest (at that point, the driver could still have defused the situation and been on his way, simply by signing the freakin' ticket)... the cop then ordered him twice-- TWICE-- to turn around and put his hands behind his back, instead the guy kept on arguing, and started backing up...

Theogt, that's resisting arrest... there is no debate about that, the guy was resisting arrest... and that's why he got tased, the cop clearly said "it looked like he was leaving to me"... what's weird is that even after being tased and cuffed, he's still laying on the ground arguing, and the cop's STILL reasonably calm... even when the wife gets out of the car, instead of reacting extremely, he just ordered her to get back in the car, which is standard police procedure... cops have been killed for ignoring wives or girlfriends while they were trying to arrest the ladies' significant others...

Meanwhile, that moron driver is still arguing, and threatening to sue the cop for harrassment...

You were just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative.

Nope, I'm telling you what I honestly believe... I've seen that video five or six times now, and I still see nothing wrong in what he did... the closest I can come to a complaint is I don't know if he needed to draw that taser as early as he did )which might have been my problem with the video the first time I saw it, it might have struck me as a bit trigger happy), but he didn't draw it and use it immediately, instead he ordered him twice to turn around and put his hands behind his back... it was only when the guy refused, and started backing away, that he got zapped...

Indeed, I can't figure out what it was the first time I saw it that bothered me... that's why I had it in my head that these were two separate incidents (when obviously you're right, they weren't), on first viewing it didn't seem quite right, but on each subsequent viewing, I can't find a thing to disagree with in the cop's handling of the situation... this one's ALL on that moron driver...

At no point in that video did I detect any anger or hostility in the cop...

And the moral to the story is only IDIOTS argue with the cops... even if you're absolutely, 100 per cent right, you're wrong... you'll lose, 100 per cent of the time... I repeat, COURT is the place to argue whether a ticket is right or wrong, fair or unfair...

And I don't particularly care if you find my take "reasonable" or not, in the real world, that's the way things work... maybe you take pleasure in playing Don Quixote, fighting the establishment, but I'd rather not start fights I have absolutely no chance of winning...

silverbear

Reaction score
Rack;1805821 said:

Yup... that's the long and the short of it...

silverbear

Reaction score
theogt;1805826 said:

He did, and the guy started arguing with him...

The cop was polite and nonconfrontational... indeed, I don't think many cops would have taken that guy's BS for as long as they did without gettin' in his face...

And like Rack said, the alternatives to tasing the guy were wrestling with him on the side of the highway, likely beating the guy bloody with his nightstick, or winding up out in traffic... or he could have let the guy walk away, avoid arrest...

Tasing makes a hell of a lot more sense than that... indeed, I'd suggest that cops were issued tasers for PRECISELY that situation, and I'd wager that his department did not find it necessary to discipline him for what he did...

silverbear

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1805836 said:

If some gang banger pulled a gun on you, would you argue with him??

If so, perhaps we should notify your life insurance provider, so they can drop you... you're a statistic waiting to happen...

No, he didn't... the stupidity was all on the part of the driver... ALL he had to do was sign the ticket, and he would have been on his way down the road, none the worse for wear...

With your attitude toward the law, I'm gonna hope you never get pulled over, because if you do, we'll likely be seeing a video of you gettin' your butt tasered on YouTube...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;1805825 said:

Pretty much sums it up.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
LOL at the people that think it was ok for the cop to whip out the taser. The cop pulled it out at the first sign that the guy was not going to comply 100% with his wishes. A cop cannot do that. If a cop did that they'd pull out the taser at least once a week. That is not how you deal with a situation like this. The cop was 100% in the wrong.

I have a couple friends that are cops and I've e-mailed them to see what they have to say.