Cop Tasers Guy for Walking Away From Him

heavyg

Reaction score
Dallas;1808452 said:
But Silverbear, in Utah you don't have to sign the ticket. That's what I am saying. What is your argument now?

You should stick to just running the front desk at the hotel. ROFLMAO !!!

Yeah that last part was 4 yrs old.

noooo they do have to sign. However, if they refuse then the officer has the choice of putting refused to sign on the ticket or arresting the subject. In this case the officer opted for the arrest.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1808040 said:
20 posts in a row in a single thread has to be a new record.

It's amazing what you'll do when it's the wee small hours of the morning and you can't sleep... :D

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Here's what I saw.

A cop that probably got a little over zealous, and should have just let the guy go w/o signing the tic, which IS his prerogative.

But, once he got the guy out of the car, the fault rests wholly on the motorist IMO.

I think the cop pulled the taser because the guy puts his right hand partly in his right-front pocket as he's being told to put his hands on the hood. He ALSO repeated this action as he turned and attempted to walk back to his vehicle.

I also think that once a cop pulls you from your vehicle, no matter how in the right you think you are. And the words "what's your problem?" come out of your mouth. You've pretty much asked and answered your own rhetorical question.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I notice his wife/gf followed instructions about as well as he did. Stay in the car, *****.

heavyg

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;1808705 said:
Here's what I saw.

A cop that probably got a little over zealous, and should have just let the guy go w/o signing the tic, which IS his prerogative.

But, once he got the guy out of the car, the fault rests wholly on the motorist IMO.

I think the cop pulled the taser because the guy puts his right hand partly in his right-front pocket as he's being told to put his hands on the hood. He ALSO repeated this action as he turned and attempted to walk back to his vehicle.

I also think that once a cop pulls you from your vehicle, no matter how in the right you think you are. And the words "what's your problem?" come out of your mouth. You've pretty much asked and answered your own rhetorical question.

Hard to argue with that :bow:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
heavyg;1808577 said:
noooo they do have to sign. However, if they refuse then the officer has the choice of putting refused to sign on the ticket or arresting the subject. In this case the officer opted for the arrest.

No they do NOT have to sign the ticket. I heard the press conference the commanding officer gave on the 1st. They flat out said that in Utah you are not required to sign the ticket for it to be enforced.

You people realize I hate all cops and pretty much anything representing an authority figure of any kind.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Dallas;1808920 said:
No they do NOT have to sign the ticket. I heard the press conference the commanding officer gave on the 1st. They flat out said that in Utah you are not required to sign the ticket for it to be enforced.

That's pretty much what the Heavster just said D. I'm also pretty sure this is the same in the majority of the states.

You're instructed and strongly requested to sign, but if you refuse, it's the cop's discretion as to what's done next.

The ticket's enforceable whether you sign it or not and, of the 3-4 tickets I've gotten over the years, I distinctly recall the instructions of "Your signature is not an admission of guilt", being part of the script given by the cop as he hands you the thing to sign.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasCowpoke;1808705 said:
Here's what I saw.

Yep.

If you feel you are in the right and the officer is in the wrong.

Just go with what the officer tells you and ask for his badge number and name.

You can always address your grievances later in a court of law.

Kind of like being a jerk in a restaurant...before you eat your food. Might want to wait until after you eat OR just don't eat and address the problem with management.

Just not wise to be a jerk and make a scene and then sit there looking all smug while you eat the meal the people in the back probably..."tainted".

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1806865 said:
Yeah, he's just a young punk that was asking for it.

With his pregnant wife and kids in the car.

He probably had drugs on him too. Damn drugees. LOL. You cops are hilarious.

Aren't you the same guy who gets all huffy about ad hominem attacks on lawyers? Yes, I believe you are.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
theogt;1806946 said:
Ok, let me ask you this question. Was the cop justified in pulling the taser while (not after, but while) he was telling the guy to put his hands behind his back?

Recall that the cop never told him he was under arrest and began pulling the taser before he even finished saying put your hands behind your back.

He does not have to put you under arrest to detain you. See that is where you guys think the movies where they have to read you the maranda rights just to cuff you. They can put cuffs on you and still not arrest you they could be detaining you until they contact the DA or you are be detained until you get to the station.

My brother and law and several college buddies are cops and trust me if you act like that in Houston area you will get zapped or clubed most likely zapped. In fact anywhere in this state go and do that and see what happens to you. I dare you to do that with a DPS officer in Texas and see what happens.

You guys are funny the compliant would go nowhere and you have no law suit . In fact the DA would be laughing at the open and shut case they had on you.

So please go ahead an act like that idiot and see how far you get.:lmao2:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I know one thing, if a cop asks me to turn around and put my hands up behind my head, I would do it. The reason being I dont really feel like being tackled or tazered. If I dont agree with him I will voice my opinion after he cuffs me or in a court of law if necessary. Nothing good is ever going to come of doing your own thing in those situations.