Correction: Giants request permission to speak with Garrett for now-filled HC role (Post 227)

Staubacher

Reaction score
I'm not crying the blues. I just said "To be fair.................yada yada." That's the problem with these boards sometimes. If you had head the tone of my voice, you wouldn't have taken my original statement the way you did.

Oh well. Moving on.
I didn't respond to your tone, your original statement was literally Garrett had little to no input on assistant hires. I said that was false, you asked for an example and I gave one that directly contradicted your claim. At that point you could have just conceded the point, no big deal but you doubled down. Nothing to do with tone.

But as you said, moving on brother. No biggie

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Wow, this is like Xmas all over again. First Garrett is fired, then one of our NFC East rivals wants him to run their offense. LOL

You really couldn't ask for anything more then that. To think he would ruin the careers of two great young players in Barkley and their young QB would be great.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
One condition....

You have to take the motivational posters and banners with him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Considering how often these retread head coaches get recycled around the NFL, Garrett having to potentially settle for an OC job says a lot about what the rest of the league thinks of him.

Someone just needs to make him a QB coach so that way they can keep the buddy system in tact and not expose him like being a head coach and coordinator will do.

He is an organizer and CEO type. All things football he needs to stay away from.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Someone just needs to make him a QB coach so that way they can keep the buddy system in tact and not expose him like being a head coach and coordinator will do.

He is an organizer and CEO type. All things football he needs to stay away from.

I don't know I still think that 07 team in which he put in the new offense and called plays was really great. it worked again in 09. I think Garrett will succeed as an Offensive Coordinator personally, things went haywire when he had to become the team ceo and offensive coordinator/play caller at the same time.

I am going to get killed for this but I think what he will bring as an offense and play caller to the giants will be the best thing since Kevin Gilbride.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't know I still think that 07 team in which he put in the new offense and called plays was really great. it worked again in 09. I think Garrett will succeed as an Offensive Coordinator personally, things went haywire when he had to become the team ceo and offensive coordinator/play caller at the same time.

I am going to get killed for this but I think what he will bring as an offense and play caller to the giants will be the best thing since Kevin Gilbride.

I'll say this.

Garrett offenses were always at their best when he made a massive overhaul.

I would say 2007, 2014, and 2016 were the best years I saw out of this offense.

The problem is after a massive overhaul he never improved the following year. We always had to see his offense fail 2 or 3 more seasons after it worked to make "changes" again.

2007 - Nobody had film on him and Romo was just ridiculous that year too which is a big factor.

2014 - We came out run heavy and it was one of our best teams.

2016 - Dak and Zeke were a completely different look from what we had been doing and while Dak wasn't near the QB Romo was he just complimented Zeke's explosiveness so well.

Garrett isn't much of a forward thinker imo. He kinda just looks at what is in front of him and has no plan B when things don't go well.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
So you are either a Giants troll or a Garrett fan boy. The Commanders have a better chance than the Giants.

wrong and wrong.....I’m a realistic a Cowboys fan that sees the threat that the Giants pose. Their roster in terms of talent is up there with ours. And they have top 10 draft position.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
OGC.b464bede93012b27fa8644443e815dc7
But you never know. Get Garrett away from Jerry??????

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't need to worry about what i hope. Your concern should be winning, if your concerned about what i hope, well what good will that do you?

Fret not.....not very worried I assure you. In the time it took for your reply, you could have clarified your stance. But as you say....no matter.

As far as my "concern for winning"? Well...what good would that do?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
According to ESPN "the Giants are abiding by the the new NFL rule that updates the Rooney rule, and calls it THE CLAP rule". Every team must interview a potential coach who has in the past known to have this disease or been associated with somebody who has had it.

dfense

Reaction score
The twitter feed is hilarious. Giants fans want to kill themselves. This is the same guy who's owned the Giants and the East for years. Do they realize their last two coaches have had no success against Garrett?

Wait til Garrett gets a hold of Danny Dimes, a QB who CAN make every throw accurately.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Fret not.....not very worried I assure you. In the time it took for your reply, you could have clarified your stance. But as you say....no matter.

As far as my "concern for winning"? Well...what good would that do?
You were worried enough to ask.

CWR

Reaction score
Permission denied. Use a little psychology on em. They wont be able to resist the coach they cant have. Lol