Could Belichick win a Super Bowl with the Cowboys Roster?

yimyammer

Reaction score
I'm referring to this season and current 53.

Jerry can't impact Belichick with regards to coaching. Belichick either coaches his way or Jerry has to fire him.

If Belichick started this season as the HC with the current roster, what is the final result?

1. Would they make the playoffs this year? Regular season Win/Loss record?
2. Would they make it to the NFC Championship game?
3. Would they make it to the Super Bowl?
4. Would they win the Super Bowl?

maybe for #1, no to the rest.

I think it would take more time to implement Belichiks way of doing things and creating a serious culture thats all business is one of those many important attributes. Thats not fun so jeri would hate this plus the myriad of other things Belichik would require would cause him to leave before jeri could even officially hire him. I'm convinced the contracts jeri now requires are so tedious, demanding and ridiculous that Bill would laugh in his face and throw the contract in the trash as he left the building.

I cant answer the question like you want because there is no real world scenario where jeri doesnt impact the coaching, he's never going to allow anyone to come in and take over so every coach will always have some part of their hands and/or arms tied behind their back

CB61

Reaction score
Also well well well well coach teams can make people look even better than they are they get the most out of them or they aren't on that team. Yes I believe Tom Brady had a lot of talent when he went to the Patriots but it there would be no way of telling if Belichick had some hand in him coming elite?

I saw him warming up in the Orange Bowl before the game started and he was throwing corner post in the end zone in pregame with that being said the receiver only needs one foot down in college I watched him throw it 10 times for the corner of that and so and it was perfect every throw he ended up throwing that in the third quarter to win the game against Alabama with the same receiver he was practicing with pregame
Also well well well well coach teams can make people look even better than they are they get the most out of them or they aren't on that team. Yes I believe Tom Brady had a lot of talent when he went to the Patriots but it there would be no way of telling if Belichick had some hand in him coming elite?

I saw him warming up in the Orange Bowl before the game started and he was throwing corner post in the end zone in pregame with that being said the receiver only needs one foot down in college I watched him throw it 10 times for the corner of that and so and it was perfect every throw he ended up throwing that in the third quarter to win the game against Alabama with the same receiver he was practicing with pregame
I actually told my father-in-law you watch he's going to use that in the game somewhere I mean they were pinpoint accurate throws same spot every time of course no pressure on him but still I think he had pretty damn good arm before he got to the Patriots for the life of me how he fell to the 6th round I don't know

yimyammer

Reaction score
I don’t know. Kraft is a Jerry lite. Kraft and Jerry are a lot more alike than not.

I admit I am not as focused on how things go down in NE but it appears from my view Kraft lets Belichik do just about whatever he wants with the only public exception I've noticed is perhaps forcing Bill to stick with Brady when it appeared like Bill might prefer to move on.

Why do you say this?

CB61

Reaction score
Stephen Jones has a concoction that he uses to spike Jerry's Johnnie Blue.

He started using it during the draft back when the Cowboys drafted Zack Martin over Manziel.

He used it when Jerry wanted to trade up from the 2nd into the 1st to draft Paxton Lynch.

Stephen now lets Jerry do interviews and then uses the concoction to keep Jerry sedated the remainder of each day.

:laugh:
Let's hope so and let's hope his thinking is different than Jerry's after Jerry is committed my thoughts are as we should start a petition for such LOL

Flamma

Reaction score
You don't recall the years with Cleveland

Actually I don't.

Who says Brady was Elite when he got there? Now with that being said I watched him play his senior year in the Orange Bowl he wasn't a bad quarterback but there were some reason he went in the sixth round I think the coach saw something in him and developed him of course he has natural Talent there's no denying that

Excellent point. A friend of mine at work, a Patriots fan since they got slaughtered in '85, we talked about that. Brady was very raw the first time they won the SB. But even still, something has to be said on how different that team looked when Brady replaced Bledsoe. The Colts were 11 1/2 point favorites and the Patriots won 44-13 on Brady's first start.

The same could be said about his elite QB, what could he do without Bellichek...

Not could be said, should be said. No other elite quarterback has had anywhere near that success. The system and the coach play a huge role. He's appeared in 9 SBs in 18 years and how many AFC championship games in a row? No one else comes close. I think Brady is a great QB, but he's not that much better than other elite QBs.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
How much success could Belichick achieve with the current 53 man roster?
-Assume that Tyron, La'el and most players are relatively healthy.

Heck yeah we would. Hed be scheming around his best players instead of just a set it and forget it te passing scheme. Do you think Gronk and Hernandez would have played every snap putting up 4tds a year? Not on your life

CB61

Reaction score
Actually I don't.

Excellent point. A friend of mine at work, a Patriots fan since they got slaughtered in '85, we talked about that. Brady was very raw the first time they won the SB. But even still, something has to be said on how different that team looked when Brady replaced Bledsoe. The Colts were 11 1/2 point favorites and the Patriots won 44-13 on Brady's first start.

Not could be said, should be said. No other elite quarterback has had anywhere near that success. The system and the coach play a huge role. He's appeared in 9 SBs in 18 years and how many AFC championship games in a row? No one else comes close. I think Brady is a great QB, but he's not that much better than other elite QBs.
But when Brady took over for Drew Bledslow which was sudden after an injury he performed very well and exceeded expectations and I attribute that to coaching not just belichek but the people he brought in with him

Flamma

Reaction score
But when Brady took over for Drew Bledslow which was sudden after an injury he performed very well and exceeded expectations and I attribute that to coaching not just belichek but the people he brought in with him

Agreed. But it wasn't happening until Bledsoe got injured. The Patriots were crap.

As an aside. This irked me when it happened but we ended up with a pretty good QB in Romo but I didn't know it at the time. It was the 2005 draft and the Cowboys had Bledsoe as a QB. IMO Bledsoe was a placeholder at best, similar to what Joe Flacco is for the Broncos now. The Cowboys had two first round picks that year and they chose Ware and Spears. Aaron Rodgers was on the board when we picked Spears! I can understand the Ware pick. But how do you pass up on Rodgers when they don't have a franchise QB? Unreal.

aria

Reaction score
I'm referring to this season and current 53.

If Belichick started this season as the HC with the current roster, what is the final result?

1) Possibly but doubtful for the same reasons I already gave.
2) No
3) No
4) No

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed. But it wasn't happening until Bledsoe got injured. The Patriots were crap.

As an aside. This irked me when it happened but we ended up with a pretty good QB in Romo but I didn't know it at the time. It was the 2005 draft and the Cowboys had Bledsoe as a QB. IMO Bledsoe was a placeholder at best, similar to what Joe Flacco is for the Broncos now. The Cowboys had two first round picks that year and they chose Ware and Spears. Aaron Rodgers was on the board when we picked Spears! I can understand the Ware pick. But how do you pass up on Rodgers when they don't have a franchise QB? Unreal.
That's because Bill Parcells drafted Drew Bledsoe. You getting your timelines confused. Belichick took the Browns to the playoffs and then when they moved the stadium he left them and they went backwards. So the Patriots aren't the only team he was great with. It's not just Brady its Belichick

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Good point.

I think they have gotten rid of most dumb players like Dez.

The only player that comes to mind that might not be the sharpest tool in the shed is Jaylon.

La'el might be a slow learner but he appears to finally understand how to play in the NFL.

This season Awuzie might look that way at times, but his intelligence & awareness appeared to be well above average in college.
LOL!

I'm not going to go there about players on the team, but yeah, I agree Dez wasn't the most (no pun intended) "stable genius" on the team.

Flamma

Reaction score
That's because Bill Parcells drafted Drew Bledsoe. You getting your timelines confused. Belichick took the Browns to the playoffs and then when they moved the stadium he left them and they went backwards. So the Patriots aren't the only team he was great with. It's not just Brady its Belichick

What timeline am I off on? But yeah, it's definitely Belichick. He's a huge part of it. I don't see many other coaches achieving the same with an elite QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
I admit I am not as focused on how things go down in NE but it appears from my view Kraft lets Belichik do just about whatever he wants with the only public exception I've noticed is perhaps forcing Bill to stick with Brady when it appeared like Bill might prefer to move on.

Why do you say this?
Yeah, Kraft is widely known for staying out of the football stuff. Only time he stepped in was when Belly was ready to move on from Brady.

I guess people say stuff just to say stuff, can't figure out the reasoning behind that one. Maybe they're trying to give themselves hope by falsely claiming Kraft is like Jerry?

kskboys

Reaction score
Belly did make the playoffs in 94 w/ the Browns, and even won a game, beating.....drumroll......the Patriots!!!

He was 5-11 the next season w/ the Browns. And at that time the Browns moved to BALT. After being assured that they'd keep him for the move, the Browns fired him anyway.

Bellichick took over the Pats in 2000. Bledsoe was drafted by NE in 1993. He'd already been there 7 years when Belly took over. Tuna took over the Pats in 1993, the year they took Bledsoe

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The first thing he would do is run Marinelli off the ranch and cut the jags...

yimyammer

Reaction score
He was 5-11 the next season w/ the Browns. And at that time the Browns moved to BALT. After being assured that they'd keep him for the move, the Browns fired him anyway.

Not to mention, Modell was VERY Jerry-like (watch the NFL Network special about him) and had an assemblage of some of the greatest coaches at one time on that staff** but managed to blow it (much like jeri would do if in some bizarre world Belichik coached in Dallas). Belichik had that team improving, made the playoffs, even beat the 90's Jimmy Johnson Cowboys at Texas Stadium in the 1994 season, finishing 11-5 and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs but drama from the owner is too much for even the greatest of coaches to overcome and in his last year, surrounding by chaos from the move, they went 5-11 and Belichik was fired. I'm sure Cleveland fans are sick to the core to this day in retrospect

** - Belichick assembled a young, hard-working staff filled with future pro and college decision makers: Ozzie Newsome, Scott Pioli, Thomas Dimitroff, Phil Savage, Michael Lombardi, Jim Schwartz and Eric Mangini. Future Alabama head coach Nick Saban served as defensive coordinator from 1991-94 link

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Belly did make the playoffs in 94 w/ the Browns, and even won a game, beating.....drumroll......the Patriots!!!

Bellichick took over the Pats in 2000. Bledsoe was drafted by NE in 1993. He'd already been there 7 years when Belly took over. Tuna took over the Pats in 1993, the year they took Bledsoe
He had them on the verge of a championship. And then he left them when they moved thanks for explaining it better than I did it's the system it's Belichick. People still want to say it's Brady. Nope he's just part of the Belichick Dynasty

kskboys

Reaction score
He had them on the verge of a championship. And then he left them when they moved thanks for explaining it better than I did it's the system it's Belichick. People still want to say it's Brady. Nope he's just part of the Belichick Dynasty
Belly caught a lot of flak for dumping Kosar, and the Browns were 5-11 his last season, so I'm not sure they were on the verge of a championship. Hard to say.

Belly didn't leave them, he agreed to move w/ them to BALT, but then they fired him out of the blue. It was a sorry thing, not keeping their word.

Maybe that's why Belly did the same thing to TB, right before signing w/ NE.

Brady and Belly are both great.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Belly caught a lot of flak for dumping Kosar, and the Browns were 5-11 his last season, so I'm not sure they were on the verge of a championship. Hard to say.

Belly didn't leave them, he agreed to move w/ them to BALT, but then they fired him out of the blue. It was a sorry thing, not keeping their word.

Maybe that's why Belly did the same thing to TB, right before signing w/ NE.

Brady and Belly are both great.
Brady is the best in my opinion without a doubt. But I'm giving the credit to Belichick a lot of great quarterbacks have not won anything in this league because of coaching