Could Dak be rethinking everything?

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Top 5 money two years in a row equals
Equals 28 million this year and 33 million next year.

Maholmes is talking about taking a team friendly deal. Seems like every qb but dak is taking a team friendly deal. Lol

If Dak does not like the contract, why would he be a moron not to sign it? Especially if the big issue is years?

As a guy who is as sturdy as he is, why not get paid Top-5 money two years in a row and then hit the market once after it is likely obliterated by someone like Mahomes?

It's his choice and I find it hilarious that anyone here believes they know what's better for Dak than Dak himself.

JMHO

SackMaster

Reaction score
Top 5 money two years in a row equals
Equals 28 million this year and 33 million next year.

Maholmes is talking about taking a team friendly deal. Seems like every qb but dak is taking a team friendly deal. Lol
OK, my bad, Top-whatever money then. It's not like he is loosing anything by playing on the tag for two years.

As far as PM
  1. I cannot imagine any way he is not the highest paid NFL player in history at the time of signing (only by how much is debatable IMO)
  2. All the talk before the contract is signed is just that, talk
  3. And "team friendly" in 2 years could very well be +$40 million
If Tannehill got $30 million a year in 2020, I think it is naive, at best, that PM, arguably the best QB in the NFL right now, signs anything close to that in 2021 or 2022.

But hey, you do you man.
:facepalm:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes, he doesnt want 100M guaranteed due to the C word.

Makes sense.

He is considering other career options.

garyo1954

Reaction score
There's always the possibility the Cowboys have buyers remorse and move on next year if they can't get him signed (and/or don't make the playoffs). Big Mac already said get him good players and he'll design the system around them. He ain't fussy. No sense in caving to any one player in that case.

ultron

Reaction score
Dak isn’t rethinking anything, do you know how much endorsement money he’d lose if he left the Cowboys? You don’t see Wentz’ ugly pimple face on a billion commercials do you?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I dont know what he was thinking to start with. Fair market for Dak is 20-25. Sad it's that much bc he ain't that guy. That dude. The it. 4th round pick who overachieved. Thank u Mcclay. He is what he is and he aint what he ain't. None of the locker room phrases. Hes a slightly above avg JAG qb. surrounded by really good players in offense.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Dak isn’t rethinking anything, do you know how much endorsement money he’d lose if he left the Cowboys? You don’t see Wentz’ ugly pimple face on a billion commercials do you?
I live in Austin, and I rarely see Dak in a commercial. Even when I lived in Waco during the Romo Era, didn't see many Romo commercials either.

So maybe it is different in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, but if that's the case, chances are Wentz has a ton of commercials in the Philly market.

Hell, probably the one QB I see the most lately is Mayfield, and he's a Brown.

So I feel all the "_______ only because he is the Dallas Cowboys QB" is a little blown out of proportion.

JMHO

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont know what he was thinking to start with. Fair market for Dak is 20-25. Sad it's that much bc he ain't that guy. That dude. The it. 4th round pick who overachieved. Thank u Mcclay. He is what he is and he aint what he ain't. None of the locker room phrases. Hes a slightly above avg JAG qb. surrounded by really good players in offense.
Why would fair market value for Dak be dramatically less than for Cousins, Wentz, Goff, Stafford etc ...?

ultron

Reaction score
I live in Austin, and I rarely see Dak in a commercial. Even when I lived in Waco during the Romo Era, didn't see many Romo commercials either.

So maybe it is different in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, but if that's the case, chances are Wentz has a ton of commercials in the Philly market.

Hell, probably the one QB I see the most lately is Mayfield, and he's a Brown.

So I feel all the "_______ only because he is the Dallas Cowboys QB" is a little blown out of proportion.

JMHO
I live in Virginia and I see Dak in a lot of national commercials

leeblair

Reaction score
There's always the possibility the Cowboys have buyers remorse and move on next year if they can't get him signed (and/or don't make the playoffs). Big Mac already said get him good players and he'll design the system around them. He ain't fussy. No sense in caving to any one player in that case.
:hammer:
Maybe sooner.

SackMaster

Reaction score
That's cool, but I can't say the same.

Outside his Super Bowl, yogurt, soup and sleep number commercials I could not remember any off the top of my head. And even with those, I feel like I may see one of those every few weeks or so. It was the same with Romo until he retired to the Corona hotline commercials which I feel like I see a few times a week during the season.

So I went to YouTube and sure enough I found a couple of products I have never seen Dak in during a live broadcast: Adidas and New Era.

Then there is NFL Sunday ticket, but IMO, I don't count those as so many players are used in those.

But if I don't see a "protect this house" Mayfield commercial on any given commercial break, I'm pretty shocked.

Then of course, all the Rodgers and Mahomeboy commercials.

So maybe I am not paying attention, but I honestly don't see Dak, Tony (when he played) or any active Cowboys players in Commercials very often. And surely not as often as the insurance sponsored QBs or even Cam Newton from a few years ago.

Anyways, not saying anyone is wrong, but I do feel like it is blown out of proportion quite a bit.

JMHO

Nav22

Reaction score
He’s a complete moron for not taking the Cowboys offer. I’d be amazed if the offer is still on the table even.
What are you doing on a messageboard??? You should be an agent!!!

Remind us: how much money has Dak lost out on by not signing yet?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He’s a complete moron for not taking the Cowboys offer. I’d be amazed if the offer is still on the table even.

Gonna give you points for correctly identifying that there is a complete moron. Minus points for correctly id'ing who.