Could Dak be rethinking everything?

NotForLong

Reaction score
One of the reasons McCarthy choose this coaching job over others is to work with Dak Prescott. He called Dak a SB winning caliber QB. When McCarthy said bring me good players and he'll design the system around them, he was full of crap. He kept Kellen Moore to work with Dak. Kellen Moore is designing the system.

The possibility of the Cowboys having buyers remorse has not happened yet but it could if Dak is a reason they don't make the playoffs. But that is far down the tracks. That is a separate issue from McCarthy's Plans for the offense right now.
How old are you 5. Grow up.

MIKE: Gives standard compliment to Dak

YOU: Only reason Mike wanted to come here

MIKE: Give me talent and I'll design a system around it

YOU: Dont believe a word Mike says, he's full of crap

QUESTION: Based in Dak's "talents". I imagion alot of RPO, but if Dak is on a 1 year contract, will He be less willing to Run

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything? Like what he had for breakfast? Whether he should have bought a silver car instead of the red one? Pepsi vs. Coke?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I live in Austin, and I rarely see Dak in a commercial. Even when I lived in Waco during the Romo Era, didn't see many Romo commercials either.

So maybe it is different in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, but if that's the case, chances are Wentz has a ton of commercials in the Philly market.

Hell, probably the one QB I see the most lately is Mayfield, and he's a Brown.

So I feel all the "_______ only because he is the Dallas Cowboys QB" is a little blown out of proportion.

JMHO

The bed and soup on here in Florida all the time. You're just trying to downplay the "prominent Cowboys get endorsements" argument. You think he'd be in the bed and soup commercials in Tampa....lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bed and soup on here in Florida all the time. You're just trying to downplay the "prominent Cowboys get endorsements" argument. You think he'd be in the bed and soup commercials in Tampa....lol.
Endorsements aren't really an argument for taking a lesser salary. That's like an every day guy being told he should take less money that he should otherwise get because he lives in a town with a lot of opportunities for a weekend job to supplement his income.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How old are you 5. Grow up.

MIKE: Gives standard compliment to Dak

YOU: Only reason Mike wanted to come here

MIKE: Give me talent and I'll design a system around it

YOU: Dont believe a word Mike says, he's full of crap

QUESTION: Based in Dak's "talents". I imagion alot of RPO, but if Dak is on a 1 year contract, will He be less willing to Run
You really love to insult and put words in my mouth and think you are making a point. I didn't say Dak was the only reason MM wants to be here. I said working with him was a factory in him choosing Dallas over other job offers. I didn't say MM is full of crap all the time but he was lying when he said he would not design the system until he got the players. We already know this because we still don't have this preseason roster filled out, not even drafted yet but MM and KM are already well on there way into designing the system. If you want to argue stop making up crap. Rebut what I actually said and not go on a tangent... but that is what you do. That and insult.

Rayman70

Reaction score
answer to the question on the thread title is a big fat NO. If you understand Dak and how he thinks...he's a gym rat, he's gonna go about his business the same as he always does...he's unphased by all the other nonsense. He just loves football and is focused on being better. That's who he is. He is the unquestioned leader of this team.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Cousins was called a moron too. Dak is about to make 60 plus million in guaranteed money. Hardly a moron. If he’s as good as he thinks he is it’s smart.
Agreed. Dak need to get paid. He's next man up. He's 26. He deserves a big payday. Why is everybody hatin on him?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Daks issue is he was brainwashed by his agent that he was a market setting starter, thats somehow he belongs in the conversation with the elite guys and wants it all.. good for him , FT has downside get injured and no guarantees..then your market really drops...

Poor, stupid, Dak was "brainwashed" by his agent. If only he had you advising him instead. :muttley:

He's months away from playing under the tag. They have until July 15th to agree to a contract.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Poor, stupid, Dak was "brainwashed" by his agent. If only he had you advising him instead. :muttley:

He's months away from playing under the tag. They have until July 15th to agree to a contract.
That's what I love about these accountants and agents on this site. They swear Dak is dumb but they are the smart one.....yet he's about to make 31 million under the tag and they are at home playing accountant.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Honestly I don't care and I find it strange how "downplaying" would even matter. I just do not see him in commercials very often. Just like I did not see Romo very often until after he retired.

But Dak could in every commercial and/or advertisement and I couldn't care less. He could sign for $50 million this year, eating up the rest of the cap and I couldn't care less. The Cowboys could rescind the tag while he signs with another team getting absolutely nothing for him and I couldn't care less.

The Cowboys are still going to play games and I will root for whoever is on the team. But make no mistake, football is still just a game and if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl or they go 0-16, it absolutely has no effect on the rest of my life other than than the games themselves.

So sorry for trying to give my perspective on Dak's endorsements. Obviously some experiences differ, and while I am perfectly fine with that, I have not seen the same.

Again, that may just be me.
:thumbup:

JJHLH1

Reaction score
It’s certainly not a good look now for Dak turning down a huge contract when millions of people may end up losing their jobs and struggle just to feed their family.

A little perspective is needed during this time of crisis.