Could Dak Be the 1st 40 mil QB?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If you pay Dak 40 mil. Zeke 20. Cooper 20. Tank 20 and the OLine. The rest of the team is going to made of first year contracts. And UDFA’s. Good luck.

Them

Reaction score
...No...not at this time....But let other league QBs get their new contracts and /or Dak have a stellar season...then maybe!!!...
F3Vk3ef.png

Pentagruel

Reaction score
No QB should be making 10 mil a year IMO but hey supply and demand of the fans is big in the NFL

No CEO should be making 361 times the amount their base workers make yet they do. Sadly that’s not supply and demand...

ghst187

Reaction score
Have you seen the deals the NBA guys get?

Just like the fact that draftees like Sam Bradford broke the rookie pay and forced a pay scale the QBs will do the same. Why stop at 30, why not 100? If any other players are going to make money teams can’t have one player occupy 50% of their cap space. I like that home teams have some advantage in the NBA to resign stars and that there is a calculated dollar amount tied to a players tenure and whatnot. Right now the NFL teams are hostage to QBs, not even good ones and then their contracts can ruin a team for years. If Aaron Rodgers demanded 60 million per year, what happens?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just like the fact that draftees like Sam Bradford broke the rookie pay and forced a pay scale the QBs will do the same. Why stop at 30, why not 100? If any other players are going to make money teams can’t have one player occupy 50% of their cap space. I like that home teams have some advantage in the NBA to resign stars and that there is a calculated dollar amount tied to a players tenure and whatnot. Right now the NFL teams are hostage to QBs, not even good ones and then their contracts can ruin a team for years. If Aaron Rodgers demanded 60 million per year, what happens?
If Aaron demands it he should get it. Quarterbacks aren’t overpaid it’s the other positions that are underpaid especially running back.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No CEO should be making 361 times the amount their base workers make yet they do. Sadly that’s not supply and demand...
disagree. Owners own and employ workers/players. Its called free market economics. Players are not forced to play a kids sport for mega millions and take the risk. THEY CHOOSE TO. They can walk away if they wish. That said...rookies have a set salary structure, and so should vets. One day it will happen.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What the owners SHOULD DO in the next CBA is mandate a healthcare package for all their employees...players alike. They can afford it and would be money ahead with lawsuits and such. No reason not to offer healthcare for current players and aftercare for them when they retire.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
That is a good bet. My thoughts on Dak in this thread is IF Dak goes into a season with no contract and then QBs us to a Superbowl victory....ala Flacco. I personally can see a case where Dak's agent can build a case for a 40 mil a year deal.

Yep, I hear the reasoning behind the thread mister :)

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
disagree. Owners own and employ workers/players. Its called free market economics. Players are not forced to play a kids sport for mega millions and take the risk. THEY CHOOSE TO. They can walk away if they wish. That said...rookies have a set salary structure, and so should vets. One day it will happen.

Yep, if it doesn't happen over time ticket prices will continue to escalate and common man won't be able to attend. What happens then? Revenues fall and the old white can fat arse owners will take it up the fat arse

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
It's pouring rain here today. We got our spring wheat planted in mid April and it's been crap weather since. On seed corn acreage,still working with Pioneer switching hybrids. It's a great negotiation tool. They have a drop dead day for corn planting the same as we do. Soybeans for international market? 250 planted out of 1000 intended. Practicing patience and I'm down to the quick

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yep, if it doesn't happen over time ticket prices will continue to escalate and common man won't be able to attend. What happens then? Revenues fall and the old white can fat arse owners will take it up the fat arse
exactly northern.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's pouring rain here today. We got our spring wheat planted in mid April and it's been crap weather since. On seed corn acreage,still working with Pioneer switching hybrids. It's a great negotiation tool. They have a drop dead day for corn planting the same as we do. Soybeans for international market? 250 planted out of 1000 intended. Practicing patience and I'm down to the quick
crap! Sorry Northern! Sounds terrible. I am in west Texas and its been total **** weather here too...like for 2 months...rain and storms like we have never seen. Nonstop almost. We have nowhere for the water to go...its just ponding and sitting there. We have farmers on both sides of me that cannot plant also...due to the massive amounts of rain. Never seen west texas so damn green though lol...

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
crap! Sorry Northern! Sounds terrible. I am in west Texas and its been total **** weather here too...like for 2 months...rain and storms like we have never seen. Nonstop almost. We have nowhere for the water to go...its just ponding and sitting there. We have farmers on both sides of me that cannot plant also...due to the massive amounts of rain. Never seen west texas so damn green though lol...

Same here man. Lake Saint Clair close by is almost full to the brim and overflowing. That would be a first time ever in this area. Thousands of acres of farm land, unplanted at this points. Expect high food prices this summer and fall. I think strawberries will be like a mill per box.

Green eh?! Always a silver lining in the play book :)