Could Dallas get 2 1st round draft picks for Parsons?

CWR

Reaction score
You only trade Parsons of you're re-loading. We aren't, instead we are re-signing Dak and bring MM back.

If I was clearing cap and wiping the books clean I'd be stock piling picks.

We know that's not how Jerry works.

Nexx

Reaction score
I am in favor a team with depth. I dont care for super stars. List me some superstar players from NE SB Runs.

Did they have a top five RB?
Did they have a top five WR?
Didnt know Micah played either one of those positions.

HungryLion

Reaction score
People overvalue draft picks.

You trade him for 2 firsts. What’s the chances of drafting a defender as good as him?

I’ll give you a hint. It’s small.

Last edited:

1942willys

Reaction score

You trade him for 1 firsts. What’s the chances of drafting a defender as good as him?

Dude the whole question is getting two firsts for him So not SURE why you are whining.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dude the whole question is getting two firsts for him So not SURE why you are whining.
That was a typo. I meant to type 2 firsts. And you STILL don’t do it for 2 firsts.

Again. Overvaluing draft picks.

The only time you do it. Is for a QB.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why do people think you can trade a player you don’t want. For something better. You’re only going to get something different.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
...Trade Micah for 2 first round picks and the money that was going to be spent on Parson's gets you 2 to 3 free agents.

Is Micah better than 2 first round picks and 3 $10M free agents? If so where was he in the GB game?
This is good thinking. Parsons might be the best player on the team, but no way is he better than 5 good players. (2 on cheap rookie deals)

What will happen instead is Dallas will sign him to an obscene contract, and we'll watch him either decline or get injured. Lots of future threads coming about how much dead money Dallas will have if they cut him.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
All Parsons needs is motivation and maturity. He is a gem. We are talking about potentially one of the greatest ever. Way to early in his career to even be having this discussion. Be gone with all this trade garbage.

Tussinman

Reaction score

You trade him for 2 firsts. What’s the chances of drafting a defender as good as him?

I think they're looking at it in terms of the whole package

So two first and an extra 30 million a year salary to play with.

The problem is do you trust this front office to effectively spend that $30 million saved per year and hitting on at least one of the two draft picks ?

If that full package netted a first round offensive tackle, first round LB and 30 million that upgraded both DT spots and LB depth then that's not bad. Of course everything is risked based but people are trying to argue what would the upside of the risk be

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think they're looking at it in terms of the whole package

So two first and an extra 30 million a year salary to play with.

The problem is do you trust this front office to effectively spend that $30 million saved per year and hitting on at least one of the two draft picks ?

If that full package netted a first round offensive tackle, first round LB and 30 million that upgraded both DT spots and LB depth then that's not bad. Of course everything is risked based but people are trying to argue what would the upside of the risk be
But they think Micah is guaranteed to make the HOF. He will continue to get 13+ sacks every year for the next 10 years. Then smart teams will double and triple team him and he will not show up in big games. Then we will put all the blame on the QB.

Or we can sit and wonder why, we did see it coming, when a LB(undersized DE) slows down, frequently injured and is missing games. Not that he shows up for big games anyway.

Pevansjr

Reaction score
Yes. The usual low brow Dallas fans with this sort of insane rhetoric. Trade a sure hof guy for two first round busts picked by the worst GM in the league.
I don't really disagree but wasn't this sure HOF guy picked by the worst GM in the league. It would definitely be a risky proposition.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Micah would fetch 2 maybe 3 1sts, and a haul of other 2nd and 3rd round picks. Do you all not remember what Khalil Mack's trade deal was? I'd argue Parsons is slightly better than Mack too because he can do everything on defense.

Creeper

Reaction score
How about a QB for starters
So you would give up the best player on the defense, one of the top 4 defenders in the entire league, and get a rookie QB who has maybe a 10% chance of being a franchise QB to replace him? And what happens to the defense?

People here seem to have short memories. Do you all recall how bad the defense was before Parsons was drafted? No sacks, no turnovers, no pressures. Trade Parsons and we would go back to that all over again.

Here's an idea, let's trade away all our best players and stockpile draft picks. Then we can assume all of our picks will be great players because the draft simulator gave me all As on my umpteenth simulation.

JBS

Reaction score
So you would give up the best player on the defense, one of the top 4 defenders in the entire league, and get a rookie QB who has maybe a 10% chance of being a franchise QB to replace him? And what happens to the defense?

People here seem to have short memories. Do you all recall how bad the defense was before Parsons was drafted? No sacks, no turnovers, no pressures. Trade Parsons and we would go back to that all over again.

Here's an idea, let's trade away all our best players and stockpile draft picks. Then we can assume all of our picks will be great players because the draft simulator gave me all As on my umpteenth simulation.
No let’s just stand pat and do nothing instead and pretend like after another 30 years we will improve. Sounds brilliant

Bagman

Reaction score
He's tradeable being he is on his rookie contract. Does this sound ludicrous?
Not at all. I'd be on the phone right this second. We aren't winning squat with 1 superstar on defense. I'd rather add 3-4 more premium pieces to the D.