Could Dallas get 2 1st round draft picks for Parsons?

Blitzen

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. Jerry is full steam ahead one more year as is. Nothing dramatic coming for next year.
Who likes consistent good regular seasons followed by flops in the postseason? Steven get your friggin hand down!

Mark

Reaction score
Trade Parsons for draft picks?

Maybe our draft room brain trust could land another Mazi Smith. Seems like a fair trade.

visionary

Reaction score
Parsons is a great player with potential to be a HOF and a generational player but he is not a 4-3 DE which is what he wants.

The only way we can keep him and utilize him properly to his abilities and his future salary is to play him at OLB in a 3-4

If we are not willing to convert to a 3-4 next year we should trade him

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I’ll take first and 2nd this year from a team with top 8 pick. Then a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd next year. And yes a real gm could get that much for him.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Seems dumb. He's a young superstar edge rusher with versatility. You don't find those. We give Dan Quinn too much credit. Any competent GM and DC should be able to build around a player like Parsons.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Parsons is a great player with potential to be a HOF and a generational player but he is not a 4-3 DE which is what he wants.

The only way we can keep him and utilize him properly to his abilities and his future salary is to play him at OLB in a 3-4

If we are not willing to convert to a 3-4 next year we should trade him
Schemes come and go. Players like Parsons don't. We shouldn't trade away a generational talent because our mediocre coordinator can't figure out how to build a scheme around him.

visionary

Reaction score
I would much prefer to get someone who can run a 3-4 (if that's what's best for Parsons) than to stick with some mediocre coordinator. That's like trading Steph Curry because your coach prefers to run with bigs.
Problem is that Jerry has no idea and he is thr one making decisions

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL. Any other team, absolutely. Dallas couldn't get 2 1's for Jerry Rice and Jim brown in their prime!

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Problem is that Jerry has no idea and he is thr one making decisions
Yep. That’s why a lot of this head coach talk is pointless unless we can bring in somebody who might be able to steal some of that power away from Jerry. That’s why, although I don’t think Belichick is the best coach on the planet in this modern era, he might be the only person that Jerry would respect enough to forfeit some of his power (but probably not).

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Trading Parsons is not a yes or no question.

Everyone would trade him for 5 first round picks.
Nobody would trade him for a single third round pick.

It's about shades of grey, not black and white.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He's tradeable being he is on his rookie contract. Does this sound ludicrous?
Yes. I do think so.

And i would do it. Not because he isnst a great player.

Just because i look at the return of investement. i invested 1 first and i get back 2 1sts. Thats great business.

Just figure i could find a dumbo who will give me 2 fisrsts for dak too. thats 4 first round picks.

starfan1

Reaction score
And draft who. 1 good player and a bust while Parsons has a HOF career. Some people don't know nothing. We need bigger lbs that compliment parsons
If I’m guessing his thought process is to chase a highly drafted qb.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yes. The usual low brow Dallas fans with this sort of insane rhetoric. Trade a sure hof guy for two first round busts picked by the worst GM in the league.
If you were going to blow it up that type of trade isn’t unreasonable if you could find a partner

My faith in this organization parleying that into a success is minimal though. They could get 2 or TEs with that draft capital

Lol

morat1959

Reaction score
Only if those 2 picks were used to move up and draft a QB. Nothing else matter until Dak is gone.