Could Jalen Hurts be part of the Philadelphia Eagles' problem?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Could Jalen Hurts be part of the Philadelphia Eagles’ problem?​

jalen hurts drama, philadelphia eagles

https://sportsnaut.com/jalen-hurts-drama-philadelphia-eagles-rumors/

Sounds like another Carson "Wince" brouhaha in the making. Waaay overpaid for such turmoil. Gotta love the leader-less internal team implosion in Philly.
:muttley:

starfan1

Reaction score

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hard to say.....last year, his feet and legs were a huge part of his success/game coz he's built like a RB. Teams took that away this season and he struggled a bit but I think the biggest impact was he and his new OC were never on the same page.
But they have much bigger problems than Hurts IMO.......

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
These were the same issues about him in the draft, he really is no different. In the right system he performed extremely well, in a broken system he is a broken QB. This is 100% why Anothony Richardson is going to become a MegaStar QB, and it's also the reason why our friend in JAX will not as long as the guy that ruined Wentz is their HC. Is this not very obvious to most?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
May have just been a fluke year this year who knows, maybe he's exposed. He didn't look nearly explosive as he did last year

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
As I posted in another thread, I was at the Tampa-Philly game and saw Hurts bail from the pocket far too often, and this against Cover 1 and Cover 0 defensive schemes which were employed a lot in that game. I counted at least seven times he could have stepped up and delivered the ball, but instead bailed out and just tried to play hero ball. Dak looked way better, even in our loss. Their OC didn't adjust to anything too.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
LOL.,... the irony of this thread.. and yes, i have always contended Hurts is not a franchise QB,.. but am very happy he is their QB. The question is, Will their FO do something about it, or just extend him again?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Keep hurts in the pocket and he is average. He is a system qb and defensive coordinators learned from the previous year on how to contain him
He's just a taller version of Russell Wilson. Not a very good runner, and not great at reading and reacting like a Peyton Manning, or Tom Brady. Certainly somebody you could win a Super Bowl with as he should have already. Looking at the Eagles problems I certainly don't see him as 1. Their defense is the biggest problem, and lack of structure in the offense. Everybody knows what they're going to run. There offense this year was more predictable than a college football team because they didn't have a OC with adequate NFL experience. If they don't revamp their secondary, their next year's record will reflect their defensive talent that would net them about 5 wins

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When I saw him dancing around in his end zone looking to throw instead of taking off to run I knew they were toast. He signed his contract and everything changed. Sound familiar? They are very much in trouble.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Could Jalen Hurts be part of the Philadelphia Eagles’ problem?​

jalen hurts drama, philadelphia eagles

https://sportsnaut.com/jalen-hurts-drama-philadelphia-eagles-rumors/

Sounds like another Carson "Wince" brouhaha in the making. Waaay overpaid for such turmoil. Gotta love the leader-less internal team implosion in Philly.
:muttley:
You notice how all the Eagles post disappeared? What happened to all those pro Philly posts? I've been reading all this stuff on Hurts and been waiting for our resident Philly fans who post everything Philly related to post it here but they've been silent.

No praise for Howie. Firing coaches. Teammates don't like Jalen......

Bad Philly news is good news for me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He might be but the eagles will get rid of him if he is the problem.

Not like here we like to keep doubling down on our guy.

They cut their losses after they see what they have.

Jerry loves our guys!
They cut Wentz because he sucked and he was a problem with teammates. Hurts doesn't seem to be that.

jgboys1

Reaction score
When I saw him dancing around in his end zone looking to throw instead of taking off to run I knew they were toast. He signed his contract and everything changed. Sound familiar? They are very much in trouble.
Along with the Giants and us, they are screwed.
Washington might be in the best shape, as long as they don’t pay franchise QB money for mediocre and bad QB play.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
$50M quarterbacks can beat the blitz. Hurts can't. Speed up his clock, take away his running lanes, and he goes to pot really, really quick.

Like Dak and a lot of other QBs, Hurts basically plays up to the sum of his parts. And for the last two years, the Eagles parts have been very good. Brown, Smith, Kelce and that OL, etc. But Hurts' problems is that he is still fundamentally flawed as a passer, in a way that other "trailer" QBs like say Dak, Cousins and Goff have largely polished out. Those guys' problem is more that they lack the physical tools to punish defenses even on a good defensive play, so they can't elevate to really becoming unguardable.