Could Jalen Hurts be part of the Philadelphia Eagles' problem?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think Hurts is the same QB he’s always been. His problem this year when things weren’t going well for the team on offense or defense is he wasn’t a good leader. That sitting by yourself with a stoic, I don’t care look on your face works when your team is a front runner. When troubled times arrive, and all your brothers are looking for answers, it’s poison. They have too much talent not to bounce back and make those fired the scapegoats. When that happens, Hurts will be praised again.

For all the Dak blaming here, right or wrong, everyone must admit that his history of bouncing back after a loss is in stark contrast to Hurts. Love him or hate him, Dak would NEVER go from 10-1 to 1-5 with basically the same talent on the field against the teams Philly played down the stretch. Not looking for another Dak discussion about he can’t get us over the hump; just saying what happened in Philly would never happen here.

Jumbo075

Reaction score

Could Jalen Hurts be part of the Philadelphia Eagles’ problem?​

jalen hurts drama, philadelphia eagles

https://sportsnaut.com/jalen-hurts-drama-philadelphia-eagles-rumors/

Sounds like another Carson "Wince" brouhaha in the making. Waaay overpaid for such turmoil. Gotta love the leader-less internal team implosion in Philly.
:muttley:
Jalen Hurts was injured for most of the 2nd half of the season, and it was reflected in their collapse. They only thing the Eagles collapse exposed was how much they relied on Hurts to bail out the team early in the season to get them to their 10-1 start. Once he got hurt and couldn't use his legs as much, his effectiveness dwindled and the entire team was exposed as lacking. The very last thing the Eagles need to do is dump Hurts. They need to 1) get Hurts healthy, and 2) address the deficiencies exposed when Hurts was no longer able to bail out the poor performances of his teammates.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I think Hurts is the same QB he’s always been. His problem this year when things weren’t going well for the team on offense or defense is he wasn’t a good leader. That sitting by yourself with a stoic, I don’t care look on your face works when your team is a front runner. When troubled times arrive, and all your brothers are looking for answers, it’s poison. They have too much talent not to bounce back and make those fired the scapegoats. When that happens, Hurts will be praised again.

For all the Dak blaming here, right or wrong, everyone must admit that his history of bouncing back after a loss is in stark contrast to Hurts. Love him or hate him, Dak would NEVER go from 10-1 to 1-5 with basically the same talent on the field against the teams Philly played down the stretch. Not looking for another Dak discussion about he can’t get us over the hump; just saying what happened in Philly would never happen here.
I beg to differ. Dak getting hurt last year led to his drop in performance and 15 interceptions. Dak was healthy again this year, and reverted to his normal self, not throwing too many interceptions during the year. Hurts got hurt mid-way through the 2023 season, and was a shell of himself in the final stretch. That's no different than many other QB's who try to play through an injury.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts was injured for most of the 2nd half of the season, and it was reflected in their collapse. They only thing the Eagles collapse exposed was how much they relied on Hurts to bail out the team early in the season to get them to their 10-1 start. Once he got hurt and couldn't use his legs as much, his effectiveness dwindled and the entire team was exposed as lacking. The very last thing the Eagles need to do is dump Hurts. They need to 1) get Hurts healthy, and 2) address the deficiencies exposed when Hurts was no longer able to bail out the poor performances of his teammates.
Their offense was not good enough and their defense was not good enough. That is their “deficiencies”. It looks as if they realize that. They are making changes. Maybe they’ll get worse, but they are not going to “run it back”.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hurts had only 400 yards less rushing than Philly's feature back Swift. (what QB can succeed without a stout run game, right)?
They have a more porous defense and secondary than us, by a significant margin. (QB's dont play defense, right)?

Yet the mantra around here is, "We haven't given Dak enough to be successful" while "Jalen Hurts sucks and is the primary problem in Philadelphia"

LOL.

**and to be clear, I"m not defending Hurts or bashing Dak.
I'm just noting the different and very inconsistent ways that these situations are portrayed. Especially by the OP.....
Get Lost, dude.

Hurts had a running attack, better WRs, better TE, the #1 Oline in the NFL and better coaches. The comparison to Dak and what he had around him (or seriously lacking) is not even close.

Here is the real truth...

Dak carried this Offense and team most of the year. That was without a running attack, bad Oline, only 1 legit WR and a poor disappearing Defense, along with back schemes and questionable playcallings.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Get Lost, dude.

Hurts had a running attack, better WRs, better TE, the #1 Oline in the NFL and better coaches. The comparison to Dak and what he had around him (or seriously lacking) is not even close.

Here is the real truth...

Dak carried this Offense and team most of the year. That was without a running attack, bad Oline, only 1 legit WR and a poor disappearing Defense, along with back schemes and questionable playcallings.

Philly rushed for 300 yards more than us as a team. And Hurts had over 600 yards rushing himself. There's your "better run game" Lol

We had 3 all pros on our o line. They had 2. Not sure how that computes to a huge advantage for them but, you do you.

Siriani= a huge advantage over McCarthy? Okie dokie

Better TE? Not saying Goedert is trash but would you take him over Ferguson? I wouldn't

We have a slight edge at WR1 (Lamb over AJ but honestly that could go either way). "Only 1 legit receiver"?? I'm sure Brandin Cooks would like a word. But that said Philly does have an advantage at WR 2 with devonta Smith. I'll concede that

You have no credibility on the defense claim. Zero. Our defense was 5th ranked this year. Philly was 26th ranked in yards and 30th ranked in points allowed playing a very similar schedule. We were 5th in yards and points allowed. Not even comparable

I love how you constantly proclaim that you're "all about the Cowboys" yet you wrote a novel here tearing down everything about our team other than Dak, and proclaiming how far superior the Eagles are in every aspect

You crapped all over our entire o line, our WRs, Ferguson and even had the gall to proclaim Phillys 26th ranked defense was a sizeable advantage for them over our 5th ranked defense.

All to prop up your pet.

#DakOverDallasFan

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Philly rushed for 300 yards more than us as a team. And Hurts had over 600 yards rushing himself. There's your "better run game" Lol

We had 3 all pros on our o line. They had 2. Not sure how that computes to a huge advantage for them but, you do you.

Siriani= a huge advantage over McCarthy? Okie dokie

Better TE? Not saying Goedert is trash but would you take him over Ferguson? I wouldn't

We have a slight edge at WR1 (Lamb over AJ but honestly that could go either way). "Only 1 legit receiver"?? I'm sure Brandin Cooks would like a word. But that said Philly does have an advantage at WR 2 with devonta Smith. I'll concede that

You have no credibility on the defense claim. Zero. Our defense was 5th ranked this year. Philly was 26th ranked in yards and 30th ranked in points allowed playing a very similar schedule. We were 5th in yards and points allowed. Not even comparable

I love how you constantly proclaim that you're "all about the Cowboys" yet you wrote a novel here tearing down everything about our team other than Dak, and proclaiming how far superior the Eagles are in every aspect

You crapped all over our entire o line, our WRs, Ferguson and even had the gall to proclaim Phillys 26th ranked defense was a sizeable advantage for them over our 5th ranked defense.

All to prop up your pet.

#DakOverDallasFan
No, you crapped over the only good thing we had on Offense. All because you hate Dak. Embarrassing. Drew Pearson would laugh in your face right now if he could.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The only good thing we had on offense?

3 all pros on the Oline? Ferguson one of the best young TEs not named Laporta. Cee Dee just re wrote the Cowboys receiver record book. And Dak is "all we have"? Lol
Name the 3 All Pros this year on the Oline. I dare you. Let's see if you are telling the truth or lying as usual.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Wrong. It is dated January 22, 2024.
You're correct

However Drew has actually flip-flopped on Dak a lot

Within the past two years he's gone back and forth about 3 or 4 times, calling him everything from a "top 3 QB" to a "$40 million disappointment"

Back and forth

He's certainly free to change his mind. Our front page polls show that a good portion of our fanbase often does the same

But this also tells us, he's not truly sold on Dak. Not if he waffles that much

Time will tell if he modifies his opinion again. My guess is, he will

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is why I caution people about anointing Jordan Love after one season or 1 game. Last year Hurts was in contention for MVP. This year, look at him. Love looked great against Dallas. But look at the protection he got. Look at the receivers he was throwing to. They were wide open by 10 yards. Love was throwing ducks up in the air that were completed only because the Cowboys defenders were nowhere in sight. Once Love got some pressure against SF, he started making stupid mistakes. The Packers use max protection to protect Love, and I think we know why now. If he gets pressure he does stupid stuff. Let's see what happens next year when NFL DCs look at getting more pressure on him. QBs have to be judged on more than 1 game or 1 year.
Is 9 years enough?

JustChip

Reaction score
This is why I caution people about anointing Jordan Love after one season or 1 game. Last year Hurts was in contention for MVP. This year, look at him. Love looked great against Dallas. But look at the protection he got. Look at the receivers he was throwing to. They were wide open by 10 yards. Love was throwing ducks up in the air that were completed only because the Cowboys defenders were nowhere in sight. Once Love got some pressure against SF, he started making stupid mistakes. The Packers use max protection to protect Love, and I think we know why now. If he gets pressure he does stupid stuff. Let's see what happens next year when NFL DCs look at getting more pressure on him. QBs have to be judged on more than 1 game or 1 year.
QB 101 is never move to the right and throw back across your body to the left, especially from outside the right hash to beyond the left. It’s his 1st season starting; we’ll see how and if he progresses.