Could Jalen Hurts be part of the Philadelphia Eagles' problem?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You notice how all the Eagles post disappeared? What happened to all those pro Philly posts? I've been reading all this stuff on Hurts and been waiting for our resident Philly fans who post everything Philly related to post it here but they've been silent.

No praise for Howie. Firing coaches. Teammates don't like Jalen......

Bad Philly news is good news for me.
It takes time to build an empire. We have to start again with the Philly hype, but the cascade should be roaring again by July. And then it begins anew

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
This is why I caution people about anointing Jordan Love after one season or 1 game. Last year Hurts was in contention for MVP. This year, look at him. Love looked great against Dallas. But look at the protection he got. Look at the receivers he was throwing to. They were wide open by 10 yards. Love was throwing ducks up in the air that were completed only because the Cowboys defenders were nowhere in sight. Once Love got some pressure against SF, he started making stupid mistakes. The Packers use max protection to protect Love, and I think we know why now. If he gets pressure he does stupid stuff. Let's see what happens next year when NFL DCs look at getting more pressure on him. QBs have to be judged on more than 1 game or 1 year.

kskboys

Reaction score

Could Jalen Hurts be part of the Philadelphia Eagles’ problem?​

jalen hurts drama, philadelphia eagles

https://sportsnaut.com/jalen-hurts-drama-philadelphia-eagles-rumors/

Sounds like another Carson "Wince" brouhaha in the making. Waaay overpaid for such turmoil. Gotta love the leader-less internal team implosion in Philly.
:muttley:
Absolutely. This was predicted by many of us. Easy to see, as a running QB will always get leg injuries, and those nagging little leg injuries will make him less effective/ineffective. Must be able to move the ball passing, period.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is why I caution people about anointing Jordan Love after one season or 1 game. Last year Hurts was in contention for MVP. This year, look at him. Love looked great against Dallas. But look at the protection he got. Look at the receivers he was throwing to. They were wide open by 10 yards. Love was throwing ducks up in the air that were completed only because the Cowboys defenders were nowhere in sight. Once Love got some pressure against SF, he started making stupid mistakes. The Packers use max protection to protect Love, and I think we know why now. If he gets pressure he does stupid stuff. Let's see what happens next year when NFL DCs look at getting more pressure on him. QBs have to be judged on more than 1 game or 1 year.
Love is not a running QB, completely different scenario.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I just let people do it lol. Because they do I with everyone. Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence, Jalen Hurts.....the journey of the NFL player especially the QB is a difficult one. Lamar has been on a wild one, Josh Allen is on a even wilder one, Stafford as well....

Love has a long ways to go. People tried to anoint him because he beat us? Same goes for Hurts.

kskboys

Reaction score
He's not but when he was on the move with his legs is when he made his mistakes against San Fran.
Agree. And that's something that needs to be coached out of him. Aside from maybe a very few designed runs(to keep the D honest), a QB should only run in two instances: 1)When there's nothing there and he's forced to. And this is after going through his reads, at least 3 of them. 2)When an easy first down is available, and he should slide as soon as the 1st down is made.

The only slight exception is when the pass rush is in his face at the snap. Even then, there should be a hot route available and the QB should've seen this coming.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Absolutely. This was predicted by many of us. Easy to see, as a running QB will always get leg injuries, and those nagging little leg injuries will make him less effective/ineffective. Must be able to move the ball passing, period.
Philly offense looks horrible. I'm not gonna knock Jalen for that. His offense does nothing to help him. They run no motion to free up their weapons....they abandon the run game....a real OC would know how to work with Hurts with his limitations.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Next year will be telling with Hurts.

His offensive coordinator totally sucked this year, and just got fired, so we will see what happens next year.

Whatever happens, you can be sure the Philly owner and GM will be quick to ditch him and get a new QB if it turns out to be him as the root cause, contract be dammed....as apposed to Jerruh, who will soon back the Brinks truck up once again for Dak, despite the 100% concrete knowledge now that he is and forever will be a playoff choke artist who makes his name pounding creampuff teams.

Philly isn't Dallas revenue wise....but they are no slouch either...as I think they still fall within the Top 5 or 7 most valuable franchises....however they don't let money affect their drive for excellence the way Jerruh does. They could easily say "Jalen will always keep us in playoff contention and will keep the seats filled, so let's just settle for him and not rock the boat" like Jerruh does, but they just don't do that....which is why everyone in here would take their management over Jerruh and Fredo if given the chance.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, they cut Wentz because he was ineffective. And they didn't cut him, they traded him for a 1/3.
Sorry you are right they traded him. And I literally said they cut him because he "sucked" and you say no it's because he's "ineffective"...what's the difference? The stories came out in the locker room that he was a scumbag and his teammates didn't like him. It's literally deja vu all over again.

jgboys1

Reaction score
No, they cut Wentz because he was ineffective. And they didn't cut him, they traded him for a 1/3.
A 1 and a 3 is great return on a QB you do not want on your team anymore. I would take the last pick in the draft if some team wanted Dak.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Philly offense looks horrible. I'm not gonna knock Jalen for that. His offense does nothing to help him. They run no motion to free up their weapons....they abandon the run game....a real OC would know how to work with Hurts with his limitations.
The guy who knew how to operate that offense was Steichen.

Brett Kollmann referred to Sirianni's playbook this season as kind of a faded Xerox copy of Steichen's. He got the basics of it right, but lost all the nuances. Philly was pretty much reduced to calling shotgun inside-draws and sideline bombs over and over again, and defense figured they could stop both plus contain Hurts' rushing by just blitzing him. Philly somehow didn't have any beaters for that, and the wheels fell off.

How Sirianni failed to develop an answer, I don't know. Maybe it was Garrett-esque arrogance that his guys could out-execute the defense, or maybe his QB genuinely is that limited. He's now got all offseason to figure that out.

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Sorry you are right they traded him. And I literally said they cut him because he "sucked" and you say no it's because he's "ineffective"...what's the difference? The stories came out in the locker room that he was a scumbag and his teammates didn't like him. It's literally deja vu all over again.
Well, they moved on from Wentz. Philly lost in the wild card round this season. They have already unloaded their DC and OC. Who thinks they won’t use one of their two 2nd round picks on a quarterback? Hurts’ agent got him a no trade clause, like Prescott. So they’re in a jam. But they won’t “run it back”.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unless he isn't effective running anymore due to nagging injuries and is incompetent reading D's and going through reads. Which he is.

It's not always about the coaching/schemes, quite often it's simply a case of a player not possessing the skillset. Since this was the knock on Hurts coming out, it stands to reason that it's now the problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Brett Kollmann referred to Sirianni's playbook this season as kind of a faded Xerox copy of Steichen's. He got the basics of it right, but lost all the nuances. Philly was pretty much reduced to calling shotgun inside-draws and sideline bombs over and over again, and defense figured they could stop both plus contain Hurts' rushing by just blitzing him. Philly somehow didn't have any beaters for that, and the wheels fell off.

How Sirianni failed to develop an answer, I don't know. Maybe it was Garrett-esque arrogance that his guys could out-execute the defense, or maybe his QB genuinely is that limited. He's got all offseason to figure that out.
Yeah I've suspected all along Nick is a con artist who hid behind those OC/DC's.....it does seem like Steichen seems to be the mastermind he got a lot out of Richardson before he got hurt and even got something out of Minshew for a backup.

It's one thing to fail but Siranni wouldn't change anything. Just kept sticking with what didn't work.

kskboys

Reaction score

How Sirianni failed to develop an answer, I don't know. Maybe it was Garrett-esque arrogance that his guys could out-execute the defense, or maybe his QB genuinely is that limited. He's got all offseason to figure that out.
Good stuff. Add in Hurts' limitation due to nagging injuries.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah I've suspected all along Nick is a con artist who hid behind those OC/DC's.....it does seem like Steichen seems to be the mastermind he got a lot out of Richardson before he got hurt and even got something out of Minshew for a backup.

It's one thing to fail but Siranni wouldn't change anything. Just kept sticking with what didn't work.
Or isn't capable of changing anything.

kskboys

Reaction score
A 1 and a 3 is great return on a QB you do not want on your team anymore. I would take the last pick in the draft if some team

Now, the 1 was conditional, he had to play 75% of the snaps to make it a 1. He played 98%.