Could Jalen Hurts be part of the Philadelphia Eagles' problem?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Next year will be telling with Hurts.

His offensive coordinator totally sucked this year, and just got fired, so we will see what happens next year.

Whatever happens, you can be sure the Philly owner and GM will be quick to ditch him and get a new QB if it turns out to be him as the root cause, contract be dammed....as apposed to Jerruh, who will soon back the Brinks truck up once again for Dak, despite the 100% concrete knowledge now that he is and forever will be a playoff choke artist who makes his name pounding creampuff teams.

Philly isn't Dallas revenue wise....but they are no slouch either...as I think they still fall within the Top 5 or 7 most valuable franchises....however they don't let money affect their drive for excellence the way Jerruh does. They could easily say "Jalen will always keep us in playoff contention and will keep the seats filled, so let's just settle for him and not rock the boat" like Jerruh does, but they just don't do that....which is why everyone in here would take their management over Jerruh and Fredo if given the chance.
:lmao: :laugh: :lmao::laugh::lmao:

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
I'll admit, earlier this season I stated that most NFL gms would have taken Hurts over Dak straight up.
Now, I must say I'd be curious to take that poll.Dak or hurts ......hmmmmm

Mikexike

Reaction score

Could Jalen Hurts be part of the Philadelphia Eagles’ problem?​

jalen hurts drama, philadelphia eagles

https://sportsnaut.com/jalen-hurts-drama-philadelphia-eagles-rumors/

Sounds like another Carson "Wince" brouhaha in the making. Waaay overpaid for such turmoil. Gotta love the leader-less internal team implosion in Philly.
:muttley:
He is the problem, 1 trick pony.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll admit, earlier this season I stated that most NFL gms would have taken Hurts over Dak straight up.
Now, I must say I'd be curious to take that poll.Dak or hurts ......hmmmmm
I would've always taken Dak. Running QB's have short careers, makes your super bowl window very small.

RawhidKid

Reaction score
Bama fan here. I never understood why the Eagles picked him in the second round. That TB wild card game looked exactly like the Hurts of 2017 that eventually was benched in the UGA NC game when Tua took his job.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Lots of teams that lost in the wildcard have QB problems ....... all of those who has a +5 year starter

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, they cut Wentz because he was ineffective. And they didn't cut him, they traded him for a 1/3.
Actually they trade him to the Colts. And the only reason they got what they did was because of Frank Reich.
Any other team or coach does not give up that much.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Sounds like another Carson "Wince" brouhaha in the making. Waaay overpaid for such turmoil. Gotta love the leader-less internal team implosion in Philly.
Yes he could! I was wrong about Hurts, I thought he was much better after that SB run. This is exactly what I've been saying the last couple years is you cannot pay these NFL QBs like they are elite just because they are the next man up. The salary cap is meant to create equal teams so the teams with elite QBs pay more at the expense of the rest of the team. Totally defeats the purpose of the salary cap when any QB gets as much as Mahomes.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You notice how all the Eagles post disappeared? What happened to all those pro Philly posts? I've been reading all this stuff on Hurts and been waiting for our resident Philly fans who post everything Philly related to post it here but they've been silent.

No praise for Howie. Firing coaches. Teammates don't like Jalen......

Bad Philly news is good news for me.
Doesn’t fit the narrative or get clicks. ESPN compared situations and of course they believe the Cowboys are in a worse position.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
He regressed but the play calling / design was horrid.

Everything was outside the #’s Only 5% of passes were between the numbers
Too many throws downfield. Ranked top10 but they didn’t hit a ton
Blitz plan was nonexistent. They did not use sight adjustments or hot routes. They viewed blitzes as a chance for shot plays, It was on Hurts to beat the free rusher then get the ball downfield often to guys running slow to develop verticals.
They abandoned the run game for long stretches.

Sirianni is on the record talking about how they didn’t add wrinkles in the offseason they just drilled the base concepts more. DC’s adjusted started blitzing and playing zone on the back end the Eagles never came up with an answer.

They need to get more rhythm passing into the O.

visionary

Reaction score

Yeah, the QB that took his team to the SB last year in starting for 3 years, is the problem but the QB who has not even won back to back playoff games after starting for 8 years is great

Only you can start a thread as bizarre as this one

GMO415

Reaction score
They paid him all that money for one good year.....dumb.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Hurts had only 400 yards less rushing than Philly's feature back Swift. (what QB can succeed without a stout run game, right)?
They have a more porous defense and secondary than us, by a significant margin. (QB's dont play defense, right)?

Yet the mantra around here is, "We haven't given Dak enough to be successful" while "Jalen Hurts sucks and is the primary problem in Philadelphia"

LOL.

**and to be clear, I"m not defending Hurts or bashing Dak.
I'm just noting the different and very inconsistent ways that these situations are portrayed. Especially by the OP.....

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He has a contract for the next five years, $179 million guaranteed, no possible out for two years and that would be expensive, he’s coming off a year not as good as the previous one, and he has a no trade clause in his contract. Jalen Hurts would be difficult to trade at this juncture in his career. Jalen is laughing even harder than Dak is right now.