CFZ Could Jerry already have a handshake deal with OBJ?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
OBJ first choice is the Rams. He is waiting to see if they can make a run to the playoffs or not.

Once he realize they won’t make it is when he will choose his team.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Do not need:

A diva
A distraction
Another bloated contract

Lamb, Gallup, Brown, Tolbert, Washington, Shultz, Hendershot and the other TE are sufficient. Just say no.

To be clear I don't WANT the Cowboys to sign OBJ. I think he's a diva.. I think he could be poisonous in the locker room and I think he might want too much money.. But the Cowboys do plenty of things I don't want them to do.. so I don't let not wanting a thing to happen stop me from talking about that thing..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
OBJ first choice is the Rams. He is waiting to see if they can make a run to the playoffs or not.

Once he realize they won’t make it is when he will choose his team.

Yeah I agree with that.. When I said he and Jerry might have a handshake deal I didn't mean to definitely sign here but more like "if you haven't signed by X .. call me I got a contract waitin for ya..."

OBJ lives in L.A. and loves the L.A. life.. we all get that.. But surely he can see that the Rams are pretty much toast. The Seahags and Niners are both better than they are.. and the Cards might pass them up too if they aint careful. I don't think people fully appreciate what playing 21 games last season did to the bodies of the two Super Bowl teams.. Remember they both had to play the wildcard weekend..

Mr_437

Reaction score
Don't need a WR. Sign Suh. Bolster the defense. Offense just needs to continue the winning identity, and not fall back into trying to throw 40+ times a game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Don't need a WR. Sign Suh. Bolster the defense. Offense just needs to continue the winning identity, and not fall back into trying to throw 40+ times a game.

Yeah hopefully Moore has FINALLY figured out that every game will be different.. There will be games where we will absolutely need to sling it 40+ times.. but it doesn't need to be every game. Some games 25-30 passes and 25-30 runs will be the sweet spot and it will vary a little along the continuum ..

ondaedg

Reaction score
Totally valid.. but can defenders risk guessing wrong about how explosive he is or isn't when he's on the field. I mean at some point he GOING to get back at or close to pre-injury level.. As a corner do you want that to happen while you're out there assuming he aint got it no mo? I don't expect peak OBJ until some time next season.. but as I said before.. 80% of OBJ is better than 80% of Gallup and better than 100% of anybody else we have on the roster not named CeeDee..

Ya for sure he’s an improvement over any of our receivers and I would argue an 80% OBJ is an improvement over CeeDee just from an elite set of hands standpoint. OBJ’s speed has always been very underrated so I hope his rehab is going well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some of you read way too much into Jerry’s comments. He made some glowing comments about Earl Thomas and everybody thought that meant Thomas was coming to Dallas. Lol OBJ is still rehabbing an ACL injury he suffered in February he’s not likely to be playing for anyone come December especially not the Cowboys. You can’t just bring in a player after 10 months of inactivity on a new team and insert them into the lineup.

ESisback

Reaction score
To be clear I don't WANT the Cowboys to sign OBJ. I think he's a diva.. I think he could be poisonous in the locker room and I think he might want too much money.. But the Cowboys do plenty of things I don't want them to do.. so I don't let not wanting a thing to happen stop me from talking about that thing..

Of course! Rock on!

JBS

Reaction score
They wouldn’t have pushed for cooks if they did

another one of these threads that suggests the two idiots up top are two steps ahead. They’re two steps behind.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Something that struck me about Jerry coming out and saying how much he admires OBJ and then not pulling the trigger on a WR trade at the deadline. OBJ will be physically ready to get back on the field some time in December.. just in time for the stretch run.. Now that the Rams have started to have to pay the devil back for selling their souls last year they aint goin nowhere. OBJ obviously has some sentimental ties to NYG but it's a good bet that they will be a couple of games below the Cowboys in the standings in a few weeks.. and given the choice between playing with Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones as a receiver that's kind of a no-brainer.

Now he might be seduced by the prospect of playing with an all time great like Rodgers or Brady but both of them might be on the outside of the playoffs looking in pretty quick here. Would anything make him more post-career money than helping America's Team get to its first Super Bowl in 27 years? Are you kidding me!?!?! Jerry has GOT to be whispering all this in his ear.. (or his agent's ear) every other day..

I was going to post this too, I feel the same. I feel that he feels he can get him to Dallas not sure how much he will offer him. But he also feels we have the best training staff to get him on the field quickly. Plus it would be more PRESS from the media getting a guy like this

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
OBJ is Jerry ticket to more free media speculation and fan interest. They will talk about it, but he isnt coming here

Imagine when he comes here and they have this story to talk about and how Jerry will talk about the CATCH and how great it was

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Something that struck me about Jerry coming out and saying how much he admires OBJ and then not pulling the trigger on a WR trade at the deadline. OBJ will be physically ready to get back on the field some time in December.. just in time for the stretch run.. Now that the Rams have started to have to pay the devil back for selling their souls last year they aint goin nowhere. OBJ obviously has some sentimental ties to NYG but it's a good bet that they will be a couple of games below the Cowboys in the standings in a few weeks.. and given the choice between playing with Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones as a receiver that's kind of a no-brainer.

Now he might be seduced by the prospect of playing with an all time great like Rodgers or Brady but both of them might be on the outside of the playoffs looking in pretty quick here. Would anything make him more post-career money than helping America's Team get to its first Super Bowl in 27 years? Are you kidding me!?!?! Jerry has GOT to be whispering all this in his ear.. (or his agent's ear) every other day..

According to Von Miller he knows which team OBJ is leaning too. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if the Bills sign him.

JayFord

Reaction score
id turn my white undies yellow and brown if we got Beckham

but we're not and i'd really like to

quickccc

Reaction score

- With Brandn Cooks, I would think they wanted a particular element (speed) and established experienced vet WR per Brandin Cooks. But couldn’t get it done per trade compensation.
Sure Cooks is not a No.1 featured guy, .. and It’s a reason why Cooks has bounced around per trades with some NFL teams but here in certain set packages, his speedy presence,
could help this team, if healthy.
Although I do wonder about his durability and toughness, locker room presence and if he’s coachable.

- OBJ may (could ?) be back at December (I’ve heard nuthin’ about his current rehab) as he’s not affiliated with any NFL team as an UFA.

- But what kind of playing mode would Beckham be in at that time ?
It does take awhile to get back into playing shape and form with those kind of serious injuries.
we’d counting on OBJ in spots, packages instead of needing him to be an immediate

- Beckham when healthy is still a premium talent, ..speed, movement skills, occasional acrobatic catches, run after catch skills, I’d take the current gamble on an even ACL recovering OBJ,
as well as risk of his malcontent diva personality ..at this point and time.

- He'd be a FA contract won’t cost you a high draft pick. ..maybe contract numbers and incentives can be negotiated, and he won’t be pressed to be featured No.1 pick.

- Jerry would have to sell Cowboys to OBJ, and it helps having a Michael Irvin as a recruiter, and I’d be willing to believe playing with Dak is another booster.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I wish there wasn't five OBJ threads each week. The guy is not healthy, he's a locker room cancer and his production doesn't justify a look.

No he is not a locker room cancer. Maybe in the past but not anymore. Listen to what Cleveland and Ram players and coaches have said about him.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
OBJ at this point of his career will be a great addition to our locker room imo. Don’t sleep on the Bills making a move for him either. I would have to say that it is between them and us.

And the Chiefs. No one else.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Can't refute your logic Ronnie

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
To quote Devo, I got a gut feeling that what OP has suggested is likely.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I swear some people here are living about 4 years in the past. Sometimes even farther than that.