CFZ Could Jerry already have a handshake deal with OBJ?

coult44

Reaction score
Something that struck me about Jerry coming out and saying how much he admires OBJ and then not pulling the trigger on a WR trade at the deadline. OBJ will be physically ready to get back on the field some time in December.. just in time for the stretch run.. Now that the Rams have started to have to pay the devil back for selling their souls last year they aint goin nowhere. OBJ obviously has some sentimental ties to NYG but it's a good bet that they will be a couple of games below the Cowboys in the standings in a few weeks.. and given the choice between playing with Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones as a receiver that's kind of a no-brainer.

Now he might be seduced by the prospect of playing with an all time great like Rodgers or Brady but both of them might be on the outside of the playoffs looking in pretty quick here. Would anything make him more post-career money than helping America's Team get to its first Super Bowl in 27 years? Are you kidding me!?!?! Jerry has GOT to be whispering all this in his ear.. (or his agent's ear) every other day..

Just so everyone is aware, they pretty much pulled the trigger at the deadline. At the last minute the Texans tried to get greedy and it stopped everything from finishing.

plymkr

Reaction score
None of this would even be a discussion if we kept Cooper. Man what did Cooper do that was so bad. I'm not believing it was all salary since Cooper redid his contract with Cleveland. Because of letting Cooper go our options are almost trading a #1 for Cooks, I'm glad that didn't go. Get an injured OBJ. Or stick with what we have and hope Washington comes on strong.

Or we could have kept Cooper. IDK, I really liked Cooper so my opinion is a little tainted but it just seems that replacing Cooper is much harder than keeping him. I'm so glad that trade for Cooks didn't go through. I would have been upset if we traded a #1 to replace a WR1 that we traded away for a 5th. I wish we could have kept Cooper. He had chemistry with Dak and he knew the offense. O well. Overall if we falter in the late season or playoffs it won't be because of our WRs, our run defense is what will make or break us. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned signing Suh. Yeah I'd much rather do that then bring in a WR at this point.

Verdict

Reaction score
Don't forget that he was coming off allegedly botched ACL surgery LAST year.. Nobody will know what he has until he steps on the field.. but the Cowboys could do worse than taking a 4 game flyer on him for the stretch run.
I wasn’t aware of the botched surgery. But he hasn’t been the guy he was for the Giants in his rookie year and shortly thereafter. I get the feeling he is also a bit of a cancer.

Verdict

Reaction score
None of this would even be a discussion if we kept Cooper. Man what did Cooper do that was so bad. I'm not believing it was all salary since Cooper redid his contract with Cleveland. Because of letting Cooper go our options are almost trading a #1 for Cooks, I'm glad that didn't go. Get an injured OBJ. Or stick with what we have and hope Washington comes on strong.

Or we could have kept Cooper. IDK, I really liked Cooper so my opinion is a little tainted but it just seems that replacing Cooper is much harder than keeping him. I'm so glad that trade for Cooks didn't go through. I would have been upset if we traded a #1 to replace a WR1 that we traded away for a 5th. I wish we could have kept Cooper. He had chemistry with Dak and he knew the offense. O well. Overall if we falter in the late season or playoffs it won't be because of our WRs, our run defense is what will make or break us. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned signing Suh. Yeah I'd much rather do that then bring in a WR at this point.
I think there were some issues between Cooper and the team and possibly between Cooper and Dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Or words like constantly. Check yourself, mate.
constantly is not always or never...

they are very different but maybe you are English challenged and there's a disconnect on the English language LOL

there is a constant flow of negativity and Debbie downer hate talk in here, maybe you live under a rock.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Would not count out the rams, per reports they were in on Christian M. deal also, so there GM must have worked in the Dodgers, Yankees or Red Socks organizations before because they know how to manipulate the cap.
Yea, they were in on MCM, but quickly lost traction once Carolina heard they only had a used puck bag and a 2028 7th round pick to offer.

Booger

Reaction score
constantly is not always or never...

they are very different but maybe you are English challenged and there's a disconnect on the English language LOL

there is a constant flow of negativity and Debbie downer hate talk in here, maybe you live under a rock.
Structure and Contextual use. Didn't need the definition of the word. Thanks, tho.
Debbie Downer? Hate? Really?

10 bucks the "rock" I live under has more intelligence.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Structure and Contextual use. Didn't need the definition of the word. Thanks, tho.

I farted while reading this post honest I did

blueblood70

Reaction score

actually, you did and no it doesn't..got it? go back to that hole and ponder your mistakes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Stalker.....always wanted one I could call my own.
Me??:lmao2: IVe been here since 2018, you see my stats, if anyone trolling and stalking its the new guy most likely a double member here that likes to stir up poop on multiple accounts. you talk and agree with yourselves LOL:popcorn:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The talk on this keeps heating up. Pretty sure signing him is going to happen at some point.