CFZ Could Jerry already have a handshake deal with OBJ?

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
No he is not a locker room cancer. Maybe in the past but not anymore. Listen to what Cleveland and Ram players and coaches have said about him.

Don't care. He's still not healthy, still hasn't proven he can produce long term and we don't need him.

ESisback

Reaction score
No he is not a locker room cancer. Maybe in the past but not anymore. Listen to what Cleveland and Ram players and coaches have said about him.

Maybe not, but if he becomes a Cowboy, all you’ll hear is tales of a demented diva beating up kicking nets, prostitutes and marching powder on video, and urinating dog simulations in the end zone.

More reasons to validate the dumpster fire circus in Dallas perception peddled by fake journalists.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
Gallup got hurt in January and had surgery in February. OBJ got hurt in February and had surgery on February 23rd. Less than two weeks after Gallup who had his on February 13th. . Gallup got back on the field on October 2nd.. so just under 8 months.. OBJ already passed the 8 month mark and will hit 9 months on November 23rd. Even if his recovery follows a similar track as Gallup he is a better player than Gallup.. so 80% of OBJ is still a lot better than 80% of Gallup. And he will have been afforded a full month longer than Gallup took. And if the Cowboys don't activate him until the last 2-3 games of the season it would be closer to 10 months..

I'm not saying I want OBJ in our locker room.. or that I think Kellen Moore could use him properly.. I am just saying I think Jerry might see him as a Charles Haley or Deion level acquisition.

I think that I read that this was his 2nd ACL on that knee. That may be more difficult to recover from.

Actually I just looked it up and it was his 2nd surgery on that knee. This article says nothing about if it is harder to recover from a 2nd, but it does say November in the article from April. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ate-torn-acl-surgery/gc3yerqntan3rjq5m49x7fmu

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Maybe not, but if he becomes a Cowboy, all you’ll hear is tales of a demented diva beating up kicking nets, prostitutes and marching powder on video, and urinating dog simulations in the end zone.

More reasons to validate the dumpster fire circus in Dallas perception peddled by fake journalists.

Great he will fit right at home with this circus of an organization. :lmao2:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Something that struck me about Jerry coming out and saying how much he admires OBJ and then not pulling the trigger on a WR trade at the deadline. OBJ will be physically ready to get back on the field some time in December.. just in time for the stretch run.. Now that the Rams have started to have to pay the devil back for selling their souls last year they aint goin nowhere. OBJ obviously has some sentimental ties to NYG but it's a good bet that they will be a couple of games below the Cowboys in the standings in a few weeks.. and given the choice between playing with Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones as a receiver that's kind of a no-brainer.

Now he might be seduced by the prospect of playing with an all time great like Rodgers or Brady but both of them might be on the outside of the playoffs looking in pretty quick here. Would anything make him more post-career money than helping America's Team get to its first Super Bowl in 27 years? Are you kidding me!?!?! Jerry has GOT to be whispering all this in his ear.. (or his agent's ear) every other day..
Week 12.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
At the absolute height of his powers he wasn't worth the pain and suffering. Now that he is a broken down pathetic shell of his former self he isn't even worth the roster spot.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think that I read that this was his 2nd ACL on that knee. That may be more difficult to recover from.

Actually I just looked it up and it was his 2nd surgery on that knee. This article says nothing about if it is harder to recover from a 2nd, but it does say November in the article from April. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ate-torn-acl-surgery/gc3yerqntan3rjq5m49x7fmu

If you dig a little deeper you will find that there was some rumor and speculation by the doctors that did the second surgery that the Browns doctor might have botched the first one. Meaning he might come back stronger from the second surgery than he did the first.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Something that struck me about Jerry coming out and saying how much he admires OBJ and then not pulling the trigger on a WR trade at the deadline. OBJ will be physically ready to get back on the field some time in December.. just in time for the stretch run.. Now that the Rams have started to have to pay the devil back for selling their souls last year they aint goin nowhere. OBJ obviously has some sentimental ties to NYG but it's a good bet that they will be a couple of games below the Cowboys in the standings in a few weeks.. and given the choice between playing with Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones as a receiver that's kind of a no-brainer.

Now he might be seduced by the prospect of playing with an all time great like Rodgers or Brady but both of them might be on the outside of the playoffs looking in pretty quick here. Would anything make him more post-career money than helping America's Team get to its first Super Bowl in 27 years? Are you kidding me!?!?! Jerry has GOT to be whispering all this in his ear.. (or his agent's ear) every other day..

The reason I doubt there's a handshake deal is because they could just sign him now and get him in the building. He could start learning the playbook and continue his rehab with support from the team's training and medical staff. There's no reason to put it off if they have a deal.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I don't think they sign OBJ. I hope they do not sign OBJ. BUT if they are going to sign OBJ, now is the time to sign him. Get him in to work with our trainers. Get him involved in the Playbook. Get him around the guys in the lockeroom. Sit in on WR meetings, talk with Dak about what they see watching film, etc. Now is the time, so when his leg is ready, he can go out there and play with less of a learning curve.

Verdict

Reaction score
Gallup got hurt in January and had surgery in February. OBJ got hurt in February and had surgery on February 23rd. Less than two weeks after Gallup who had his on February 13th. . Gallup got back on the field on October 2nd.. so just under 8 months.. OBJ already passed the 8 month mark and will hit 9 months on November 23rd. Even if his recovery follows a similar track as Gallup he is a better player than Gallup.. so 80% of OBJ is still a lot better than 80% of Gallup. And he will have been afforded a full month longer than Gallup took. And if the Cowboys don't activate him until the last 2-3 games of the season it would be closer to 10 months..

I'm not saying I want OBJ in our locker room.. or that I think Kellen Moore could use him properly.. I am just saying I think Jerry might see him as a Charles Haley or Deion level acquisition.
At one time, OBJ was an elite receiver. I think he is a shell of his former self. Maybe he can help us, but he also seems to be a bit of a diva/head case.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
At one time, OBJ was an elite receiver. I think he is a shell of his former self. Maybe he can help us, but he also seems to be a bit of a diva/head case.

Don't forget that he was coming off allegedly botched ACL surgery LAST year.. Nobody will know what he has until he steps on the field.. but the Cowboys could do worse than taking a 4 game flyer on him for the stretch run.

FaSho

Reaction score
0?? no

35% yes..you cant use 0 as odds but yes a longshot, its like fans constantly using words like Never...

It's because they like being surprised on the off chance something does happen lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

No...OBJ wants coin, and he wants to go to a potential SB winner, not the Cowboys.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

I think it's possible. But I think it's more likely OBJ goes to the VaGiants.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't think players like OBJ would make a handshake deal. He's going to have options on where he wants to go.

Is OBJ better than Cooks or other receivers the Cowboys could have acquired?

zekecowboy

Reaction score

It doesn't sound like Dallas is in the picture other than mentioning Dallas to try and drive the price up,

Teams who may have an interest in adding Odell Beckham Jr. to their rosters aren't planning on him being available until Week 10 or 11, according to sources.

Beckham tore his ACL during the Super Bowl and has been recovering since. He can't sign anywhere until he's healthy enough to pass a physical, and that's in doubt as of today.

One interested team does not believe Beckham will sign for the veteran minimum toward the end of the year. After seeing the wide receiver market spike this offseason, Beckham will want fair compensation for what he can bring a team, according to a source.

Teams that figure to have interest in Beckham include the Rams, Bills and Buccaneers. Von Miller mentioned the Saints earlier this week for the former LSU standout. One league source did not believe the Packers were truly in the mix right now.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

OBJ 30 in November. Gallup is 26.

Maybe needs and extra month or two due to age.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Lamb or Gallup go down I would give it an almost 100% chance this team signs OBJ.

Otherwise, I just do not see it happening.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
OBJ 30 in November. Gallup is 26.

Maybe needs and extra month or two due to age.

I wouldn't mind looking him up in the offseason, if he ends up not signing with a team. I think he may be arrogant enough to get back in there this year and try to ride a winner to a ring.

We can bring guys like him in. Micah controls this team. And players want to ball out with Micah. Our main focus needs to be keeping him happy.