Twitter: Could Kellen leave for Boise?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If he was QB coach stuck behind someone who was getting all the credit as OC, you could see this move. But, otherwise, huge step down for a young guy.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don't know why you would think that considering what he's done with Jones and that offense after Barkley went down.
curious why you think JG has done well with their offense this year, let alone since Barkely went down:

YDS- 31st
PTS- 31st
PASS YDS- 29th
Rush YDS- 16th
RedZone TD- 31st
TD- 31st

What am I missing saying they have a strong offense, or am I confused by your comment?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Moore was part of the Garrett program, and should've left with Garrett. I think Jerry insisted on keeping Moore and giving him the play calling duties. OC and play calling should've been McCarthy's decision, not Jerry's.
I hope he takes the Boise job.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Watch us re-hire Linehan if Moore leaves.

Jerry: "I like the way he kisses my behind."
Stephen: "Plus, he's cheap!"
Jerry: "How bout you Big Mike, would you like Scott Linehan as your O-ffensive Coordinator?"
McCarthy: "I'm not sure Mr. Jones, would I?"
Jerry: "Yes Mike, yes you would."
:lmao:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Kellen is a made man with Boise St. He can take that job anytime he wants. Watch him leverage that deal like Garrett leveraged the Cowboys with the Ravens in 2006. Kellen will get a bump in pay, more power, and will be a step closer to being the Cowboys next head coach. MM is in big trouble.

quickccc

Reaction score
He would be a fool to turn that job down.

why ?... just to please disgruntled fans here ?
why take on a college HC job when in two years he's very likely to be a NFL head coach somewhere? :cool:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What does the Boise HC job pay?
What is Moore making as OC now?
Which job takes up more time?
Which is a better place to live, Dallas or Idaho?
Hardest part of coaching college is recruiting. Is Moore good at recruiting? If not, then he will fail as a college coach. Need to get the players. How does one get the players? Time-consuming visits and talks compete with under the table money and other shenanigans. Saban is not so much a good coach but he and his assistants and rich alumnae are really good recruiters.
I think Saban is a great coach, but I agree with you otherwise.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
What?

What?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
:laugh:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
he can't leave soon enough.
My dream is that he suits up for one play, they run a quadruple reverse, he gets handed the ball last and runs off the sideline and into the tunnel.
Forever.

conner01

Reaction score
What does the Boise HC job pay?
What is Moore making as OC now?
Which job takes up more time?
Which is a better place to live, Dallas or Idaho?
Hardest part of coaching college is recruiting. Is Moore good at recruiting? If not, then he will fail as a college coach. Need to get the players. How does one get the players? Time-consuming visits and talks compete with under the table money and other shenanigans. Saban is not so much a good coach but he and his assistants and rich alumnae are really good recruiters.
His salary would more than double
But if his dream is to be a NFL HC then it’s a smart move
Boise doesn’t pay like an Alabama but it would be much more than he’s making in Dallas but not really about the money but the path to a HC job

conner01

Reaction score
Moore has at least at times really moved the ball here. A more complete season with some playoff success and he'll get HC offers in the NFL. Everyone wants the hot up and coming guy.

Still, a university HC gig can be gold if you can keep the program working. Big fish, small pond. Great quality of life.
Exactly
And if you succeed then you have HC experience that really helps you if a NFL HC job is his dream. Many coaches would rather be at college level
I don’t know if Moore dream of being a HC but if he does it’s a step forward in the process

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
His salary would more than double
But if his dream is to be a NFL HC then it’s a smart move
Boise doesn’t pay like an Alabama but it would be much more than he’s making in Dallas but not really about the money but the path to a HC job

I just looked up Boise State HC salary. Boise pays pretty well, $1.85M for 2021 and $1.95M for 2022. Yeah, that is a lot of money. I guess he could easily take that job if offered.