Could Noah Brown start for the Cowboys?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm seeing a possible tie between Noah Brown and Fehoko for what might be the last roster spot to be had. I think Wilson has likely already won a spot somewhere within the WR corps. I'm really unsure if there's enough room for both Noah and Fehoko to find a place on the team, to be totally honest. There's probably enough WR talent for some good talent to be waived this year. It'll be quite interesting to see who stays and who goes.
Fehoko isnt getting a roster spot over Brown. Brown is a core STer amd Fehoko hasn't even show he can do as much as Brown as a receiver

In past years, I've seen him drop what I felt was an excessive number of rare passes coming his way.

PFR hasnt credited him with a drop while whole career

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowNo00.htm

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Fehoko isnt getting a roster spot over Brown. Brown is a core STer amd Fehoko hasn't even show he can do as much as Brown as a receiver

Fehoko has had both good and bad plays to claim as his own. I can't help but wonder if he has more upside than Brown as a WR, although, I can see a possibility that they could both be waived in the final cuts. Fehoko has had some really big flags to his blame on the ST unit. That's undeniable. I won't be shocked if he's cut but he might be obliged to have an outstanding last preseason outing if he's to be retained on the practice squad. Not sure what to expect with respect to Noah, though. The staff has kept him in tow so far, so there's that to his credit, for sure.

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the talent has always been there. Just for whatever reason, we haven't given him enough targets. I think he can certainly be a solid #3 guy, and maybe #2.
I disagree. I don't think he is all that naturally talented but I have seen a huge improvement in his WR abilities over the years. He looks like one of those who really has had to work at it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fehoko has had both good and bad plays to claim as his own. I can't help but wonder if he has more upside than Brown as a WR, although, I can see a possibility that they could both be waived in the final cuts. Fehoko has had some really big flags to his blame on the ST unit. That's undeniable.
He might have more upside, but he doesnt offer enough right now to get a roster spot. Im not so sure he even gets claimed in waivers. There are teams that like in the draft, but he hasnt shown enough to guarantee a spot on anyones 53

Again, Brown is a core ST player. There is zero chance gets cut

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I like him.

He's not a starter material for us, but he can be a solid guy that can be used in many different ways.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I disagree. I don't think he is all that naturally talented but I have seen a huge improvement in his WR abilities over the years. He looks like one of those who really has had to work at it.
I think at best he is a big bodied check down/hot read guy. Maybe a little more of a possesion WR if he improves as a contested catch guy.

He could be a role player as far as a sub package WR, but he is probably always going to be limited to that

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He might have more upside, but he doesnt offer enough right now to get a roster spot. Im not so sure he even gets claimed in waivers. There are teams that like in the draft, but he hasnt shown enough to guarantee a spot on anyones 53

Again, Brown is a core ST player. There is zero chance gets cut

True enough -- I forgot about his ST value and shame on me for that. Other than that, it seems Fehoko had better have the game of his life to be retained and even then, it's likely he's destined to be cut in the near future, by the looks of it. I likely just got duped by the hype coming his way upon his signing. I thought for sure he'd show up far better than he has.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
They say we found a fifth wide receiver . I say we found a top three wide receiver . When I say we. That’s right part of the franchise. I buy paraphernalia makes me part of the team LOL
I still have visions of the dropped TD pass 2 years ago but man he has gotten better. I see him on life support every year and all he does now is ball out.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

PFR hasnt credited him with a drop while whole career

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowNo00.htm

He's had some drops -- of that, I'm certain. PFR must have some people sorely in need of glasses. Has Brown improved the last 2 years -- yes but he's nothing special as a WR yet. He'll do well to stick around as a ST standout.

kskboys

Reaction score
:huh:

what has he done after 4 years to make you feel he could be starting material? going up in preseason, against back up and garbage defenses doesn't make you starting material. fact is in 4 years he has struggled and shown limited success in live games that matter.....he is what he is....blocking WR, with limited separation ability and speed, that can be used occasionnaly a few times a year, and he is a special teams monster....
What is this separation thing yee speak of?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because we all tend to watch and read and obsess over everything we can about our players, I think we as fans of our favorite team tend to way overrate our backup players. Noah Brown is talented for sure. All NFL players are talented.

But there’s a reason he’s been a fringe player for 4 years. There’s a reason he’s caught 23 passes in 4 seasons and no TDs. I’m pretty sure he’s not anything beyond what he’s been already.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm seeing a possible tie between Noah Brown and Fehoko for what might be the last roster spot to be had. I think Wilson has likely already won a spot somewhere within the WR corps. I'm really unsure if there's enough room for both Noah and Fehoko to find a place on the team, to be totally honest. There's probably enough WR talent for some good talent to be waived this year. It'll be quite interesting to see who stays and who goes.
You think Fehoko has done enough to make the team? I was thinking he's been terrible. Looks like a UDFA.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You think Fehoko has done enough to make the team? I was thinking he's been terrible. Looks like a UDFA.

He's had both some good and bad showings, although, the ST plays he's made overshadowed what he did as a WR. Terrible gaffs on ST. There was some speculation that he'd outdo Noah Brown on the ST units but that went by the wayside with his f-ups there.

I believe I stated he'd likely be sent packing in another post, so that should be enough to give you solace. It's not unusual for a guy with talent to do poorly in preseason. Nerves are funny that way. I'm sure you'll feel much better when he's cut, though. Prepare to celebrate, if that's the case.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn't have a ton of playing time in college, but showed some good skill ...among very skilled WRs there. He needs the pt HERE to get fully seasoned and hasn't been able to get them.

If he can;t break into top 3-4 here....I almost wish he would go to a team he can start on. He's good.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Fehoko has had both good and bad plays to claim as his own. I can't help but wonder if he has more upside than Brown as a WR, although, I can see a possibility that they could both be waived in the final cuts. Fehoko has had some really big flags to his blame on the ST unit. That's undeniable. I won't be shocked if he's cut but he might be obliged to have an outstanding last preseason outing if he's to be retained on the practice squad. Not sure what to expect with respect to Noah, though. The staff has kept him in tow so far, so there's that to his credit, for sure.

I’m a huge fan of Fehoko as a prospect, but he isn’t there as contributor (WR or ST) right now to justify occupying a roster spot this season.

I think he could really do well with an off-season of conditioning. I actually he may be a little heavy. To me it’s 50/50 he doesn’t make it to the practice squad. If someone does snatch him I’m okay with that.

If you’re going to go 6 deep at WR, I think it makes much more roster sense for that guy to be Malik Turner as he’s a known ST guy that offers some ability as a fill-in receiver.