Could Noah Brown start for the Cowboys?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:huh:

what has he done after 4 years to make you feel he could be starting material? going up in preseason, against back up and garbage defenses doesn't make you starting material. fact is in 4 years he has struggled and shown limited success in live games that matter.....he is what he is....blocking WR, with limited separation ability and speed, that can be used occasionnaly a few times a year, and he is a special teams monster....
The word could. What does it mean to you. It’s a question better than a Prescott thread

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It wouldn’t shock me if Brown (or Wilson) signed a cheaper contract extension in anticipation of replacing Gallup next year.
Well that’s what I was thinking in the back of my mind also . Or even if something happened to

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because we all tend to watch and read and obsess over everything we can about our players, I think we as fans of our favorite team tend to way overrate our backup players. Noah Brown is talented for sure. All NFL players are talented.

But there’s a reason he’s been a fringe player for 4 years. There’s a reason he’s caught 23 passes in 4 seasons and no TDs. I’m pretty sure he’s not anything beyond what he’s been already.
I thought I said could. People I guess just don’t understand what I was trying to say. It was just a question. I thought it was better than another Prescott thread

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could Noah Brown start for the Cowboys?
giphy.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They say we found a fifth wide receiver . I say we found a top three wide receiver . When I say we. That’s right part of the franchise. I buy paraphernalia makes me part of the team LOL

I think he's a good fourth receiver, but being a part of the top three is a bit too high for him. He's shined in the preseason, but he should because he's got years of experience and he's going against backups primarily. The good thing is both him and Wilson seem to be able to contribute on a few plays per game and that's helpful with teams focusing on stopping Cooper, Lamb and Gallup.

Next year, when Gallup leaves in FA (or we cut Cooper to keep Gallup instead), we'll be looking for a third receiver, but I think it's a pretty big drop-off if we turn to either Brown or Wilson to fill that role. I don't think either can get consistent separation from No. 2 corners or even top nickel corners. When they are going against weak nickels or No. 4 corners, then the matchup favors them.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think he's a good fourth receiver, but being a part of the top three is a bit too high for him. He's shined in the preseason, but he should because he's got years of experience and he's going against backups primarily. The good thing is both him and Wilson seem to be able to contribute on a few plays per game and that's helpful with teams focusing on stopping Cooper, Lamb and Gallup.

Next year, when Gallup leaves in FA (or we cut Cooper to keep Gallup instead), we'll be looking for a third receiver, but I think it's a pretty big drop-off if we turn to either Brown or Wilson to fill that role. I don't think either can get consistent separation from No. 2 corners or even top nickel corners. When they are going against weak nickels or No. 4 corners, then the matchup favors them.
Good post thank you

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They say we found a fifth wide receiver . I say we found a top three wide receiver . When I say we. That’s right part of the franchise. I buy paraphernalia makes me part of the team LOL

Now that Noah's WR game has picked up, he could be a nice blocking/receiving threat. A light but quicker TE. Nice on run/pass downs, including red zone.

I've always been down on Noah because he showed no threat as a WR, and therefore was a teeny tiny blocking TE. Looks like he can play some WR now. I'd say Noah could be a really good 4th. Core special teamer with a legitimate and sizeable role on offense. That's a valuable player. If they think his receiving has come along, they should offer an el cheapo extension.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He played well in games last year too when he got the ball thrown his way.

I mistake him for Lamb all the time.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Noah gives better blocking than Gallup. Now that he's functional as a WR, he's got a legitimate role on offense as a dual threat. Better to have someone else as the receiving 3rd, but he looks like a good option on run/pass downs.

In 2022, we could have 2 legitimate top ten WRs. Instead of crowding the passing lanes with another WR, I'd rather isolate them and pack the hashes with support for the run game on base downs. Noah could be a real nice piece for that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
When are people going to quit fawning over every late round pick and calling him the next Alvin Harper?

So he was good in college. So what? What percentage of college receivers ever play in even one regular season game in the NFL? 1%? 0.5%?

Everybody that's drafted obviously has talent, or else they wouldn't be in camp. And if he's drafted, he deserves a chance to show what he's got.

But please, he was a fifth rounder, not a Heisman winner....

There has been more than one Heisman winner who ended up being a fifth rounder. So the two are not mutually exclusive.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He's been around long enough

He spent one entire season on IR and then half of another. Anybody acting like they know what he is with that limited exposure is blowing smoke. Especially considering the high dollar guys he has been playing behind. He may never get starter's reps in Dallas.. but the fact that he has carved out a place for himself on the roster as a blocker, ST guy and spell receiver should be applauded. All this rushing to declare oneself "right" about this player or that is a complete mystery to me. I'm fine just watching them play and letting their play dictate what I think of them. Is that really that hard?

Loso86

Reaction score
I said could he be.
Oh disregard, but 9n this team or another. I don't see his abilities better than the 3 we have but if we dont resign Gallup or trade away Coop then I think we will find out. He has potential to be