Could Noah Brown start for the Cowboys?

aikemirv

Reaction score
I love the progress Brown has made over the years but I will be a bit irritated if we kept him over Malik Turner. Turner is just the better receiver.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Yes he could but it would be a small drop off. I like Brown. After all. A former Ohio State Buckeye:hammer:

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
I love the progress Brown has made over the years but I will be a bit irritated if we kept him over Malik Turner. Turner is just the better receiver.

We could keep Brown and Turner over Wilson and save paying Wilson $2M to be a #5 WR.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We could keep Brown and Turner over Wilson and save paying Wilson $2M to be a #5 WR.
2mil for a 3rd hes 5th on this roster but an injury to our top 3 Ced can be a 3rd easily..hes underrated here rather go 5 at wr and go deeper somewhere else..

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
2mil for a 3rd hes 5th on this roster but an injury to our top 3 Ced can be a 3rd easily..hes underrated here rather go 5 at wr and go deeper somewhere else..

He is behind Noah Brown on the depth chart. There is no reason to pay two million bucks to your fifth wide receiver when you have holes everywhere else.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He is behind Noah Brown on the depth chart. There is no reason to pay two million bucks to your fifth wide receiver when you have holes everywhere else.
i say NB only above him because of blocking and DST but as WR CED is far ahead of him IMO..NB will always be a 5th type WR, CEd can be a 2 or 3..

RonWashington

Reaction score
Not so sure I'd venture to grace Noah's presence with such illustrious claims. I've been wondering for some time now if he'd stick around much longer. To his credit, though, he's improved his receiving skills to a point of actually deserving a WR spot. I feel he's been very fortunate, at that.

Cedric Wilson stretches the field need to see some shots taken down field with him weekly . Brown seems to fill that Beasley possession niche . Nice to have both of them backing up the main three .

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cedric Wilson stretches the field need to see some shots taken down field with him weekly . Brown seems to fill that Beasley possession niche . Nice to have both of them backing up the main three .

There's only so much room for wide receivers. The Cowboys already have better than the average number of them. I'm inclined to wait and see what the staff decides is in their best interest. Malik Turner might be another to earn his way onto the numbers that we already have in house. He's been extremely valuable on the ST unit and as a wr with great hands. It's quite possible that someone might, ultimately, be left out

All in all, there are other spots on the roster far more needy of help than at wr. The backup OT and DT positions, for example, are valid examples of that. The secondary has suffered the loss of Kelvin Joseph for some time, also. Let's see what's done to best serve this team, overall, in the days ahead.

Last edited:

1972Fan

Reaction score
They say we found a fifth wide receiver . I say we found a top three wide receiver . When I say we. That’s right part of the franchise. I buy paraphernalia makes me part of the team LOL
Is only chance would have been at tight end. Very slow for a wide receiver. Doesn't do enough. Wasted roster spot

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If I were a team in need of a WR I’d be calling Dallas trying to get Noah Brown and line him up in the slot.

Dude is ready to take off but he’s on the wrong team for it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If one of those were injured. I thought I made that clear but

These were the 2 posts you started this thread with, and the 4th post in the thread. Which one made this clear?

They say we found a fifth wide receiver . I say we found a top three wide receiver . When I say we. That’s right part of the franchise. I buy paraphernalia makes me part of the team LOL
Cole Beasley , Had the best percentage rating of all wide receivers. What that means is when the ball touches his hands he catches it. Many were amazed at that statistic . His main problem was. He didn’t do much after he caught it. As far as I can find , Noah Brown has the least drops. Of any back up wide receiver . Anyone know the statistics of this.??
I’m thinking I like him better than Gallup and I really like Gallup

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Last year when Dak was still healthy, Noah Brown actually looked like an NFL WR and not just a blocking WR. Sure he's the 4th or 5th guy but he can do a lot of the same things Gallup and even Lamb can.