Could Phil Taylor raise his stock to be a viable option at 9?

jnday

Reaction score
burmafrd;3845767 said:
Only reason to take a guy with some charactor issues is that he is so much better then what you have or is so much better than anyone available at that pick. Basically like Dez was for us.
Taylor in no way is good enough to make it to the top 20 let alone the top 10. The guy is a TWO DOWN PLAYER.

Much like Dareus. A two down player.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;3845760 said:
Unless you don't consider participating in and possibly instigating not one but two off-field brawls and being kicked off a team or having a repuation as lazy a character issue, then no, he has no issues.

It's literally impossible for me to have a take on the fighting since I don't know the contex. Fighting alone is not, in and of itself, a character issue on my book. Not all these kiss grew up in an environment that frowned on fighting over nonsense.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
TheCount;3845858 said:
It's literally impossible for me to have a take on the fighting since I don't know the contex. Fighting alone is not, in and of itself, a character issue on my book. Not all these kiss grew up in an environment that frowned on fighting over nonsense.

:laugh2:

I say keep posting from the iPhone. Its like a fun little Wheres Waldo to find the error.

As for Phil Taylor, why not just sign the original in Shaun Rogers instead? The 2nd round is definitely where we should be targeting our tackle.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I think this guy is one inch too tall to take in the first round, imo. I wouldn't take him early or in the mid first, based on his height. His weakness is playing too high at times.

If he was 6 foot 3, I think that I would like him better.

If you are shorter, you have an easier time staying lower.

However, John Henderson begs to differ, but he played in a 43.

Casey Hampton is 6-1.

B.J. Raji is 6-3.

Vince Wilfork is 6-2.

Jamal Williams is 6-3.

The Realist

Reaction score
41gy#;3845983 said:
I think this guy is one inch too tall to take in the first round, imo. I wouldn't take him early or in the mid first, based on his height. His weakness is playing too high at times.

Casey Hampton is 6-1.

B.J. Raji is 6-3.

Vince Wilfork is 6-2.

Jamal Williams is 6-3.

I think his talent is too short to take him in the first round.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Was it about two months ago people were talking about him going in the fourth round??? Now he is a top ten pick, huh?:duh: Unless he literally picked up the O-line in the practice at Senior Bowl and threw them aside like a child would a toy doll, no way he just jumped that much up.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;3845983 said:

Casey Hampton is 6-1.

B.J. Raji is 6-3.

Vince Wilfork is 6-2.

Jamal Williams is 6-3.

Antonio Garay is 6'4", Shaun Rogers is 6'4"...

Playing and keeping your pad level "low" is technique. Taylor is not physically limited because he may be an inch taller than the players you mentioned.

Besides, he's listed at 6' 3.5" at the Senior Bowl.

Lol, seriously, you've got some weird takes on physical measurements. You stated in another thread that Prince Amukamara and/or Patrick Peterson had to run at least a 4.3 to beat out Mike Jenkins or Terrence Newman.

C'mon man, lol.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Youre over-thinking it. This dude could have a tiny head or something and make it moot. Just watch his youtubes/NFLN highlights and see if he puts in the effort to get low, or shed blocks.

.......I havent done that yet. All I saw was the Senior Bowl and he looked to have potential. It could have been one of the few plays where he went all out and the others he took off. I dont know what his rotational patterns were, but I did notice him pushing guys back a few yards. If hes a dude who can only load up and do that once a series than forget it. IIRC Terrence Cody is looking pretty busty(no pun intended)

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3846362 said:
Youre over-thinking it. This dude could have a tiny head or something and make it moot. Just watch his youtubes/NFLN highlights and see if he puts in the effort to get low, or shed blocks.

.......I havent done that yet. All I saw was the Senior Bowl and he looked to have potential. It could have been one of the few plays where he went all out and the others he took off. I dont know what his rotational patterns were, but I did notice him pushing guys back a few yards. If hes a dude who can only load up and do that once a series than forget it. IIRC Terrence Cody is looking pretty busty(no pun intended)
Not as "busty" as Andre Smith

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Cover 2;3846367 said:

fap.gif

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He isn't a top 50 player for his collegiate career. He is moving up based upon rare size and the fact he handled the Senior Bowl well.

I'd accept him at 41 but do not think he is a difference maker in the pros just a gap filler on running downs.

Even in the Senior Bowl game I didn't like how quickly he tired. Hew si a very big boy who can handle limited reps even after an entire college football season.

The Realist

Reaction score
Desperate teams draft the Junior Siavii's of the world at 36

Like Taylor in 4.

Love him in 5.

Otherwise no interest.

Let someone else reach.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
People can say he only showed up at the Senior bowl.......and I'm not too big on college football so I can't say I followed him that closely but if the one youtube clip with his plays (remember not highlights) is any indication of how he played in college, then he's a top 20 pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezk5xKe_vHg

The Realist

Reaction score
newnationcb;3847489 said:
People can say he only showed up at the Senior bowl.......and I'm not too big on college football so I can't say I followed him that closely but if the one youtube clip with his plays (remember not highlights) is any indication of how he played in college, then he's a top 20 pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezk5xKe_vHg

Top 20?

He looked like garbage.

I read something today that said his best fit is in a 4-3.

I agree.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3847590 said:
Top 20?

He looked like garbage.

I agree.

I don't think he's Top 20 by any stretch.

Having said that, what are you talking about him looking like garbage?

He was making a lot of plays in that video most 340 lb NTs don't.

So as the thinking goes, you know what he can do, now you try to work on technique to eliminate the mistakes and develop consistancy.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The Realist;3847590 said:
Top 20?

He looked like garbage.

I agree.

Why is his best fit in the 4-3, in your opinion?

The Realist

Reaction score
TheCount;3847817 said:
Why is his best fit in the 4-3, in your opinion?

Despite his size his strength is more quickness and pursuit then it is taking on double teams and holding the point. Plays way, way too high. You can get away with that when you are 1 on 1 and trying to get up the field a little more. You can't away with that at all as a 3-4 NT.

He's not Wilfork, Raji, Ngata, Hampton or Jamaal Williams.

He's a project at best at NT and I don't think you take those at 40.

By the way, Baylor was 79th vs the run in 2010, and 98th in 2009.