Could Tank become the next Dez

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Thanks for coming in and providing such a substantive contribution to this thread. You must be a Tank appologist.

No, I just remember how you incessantly created “Dez needs to go” threads during his last season on the team.

Then you have the gall to create a “there’s to much negativity” recently.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Complained until he got his money?
Dude played on a bad shoulder on the franchise tag for his money. People are....not smart.
:lmao: Sounds like something an Egals fan would say about Wentz. How long is this "bad shoulder" lasting after all?! Numbers don't line.
3m6swp.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't see the comparisons.

Dlaw wasn't known as a griper and internal cancer. I have not known him to be one that has to be handled and baby-patted like Dez.
to make matters worse with Dez was his declining skills.
- Struggling with separation,
- then the drops,
- and a guy that was always an average route runner that relied so heavily on muscling his defenders, never worked to perfect routes,
- had legs/wheels injuries that probably took a toll.
- and then add that to nuisances of being a distraction to Dak. the Cowboys (lead by Stephen Jones, imo)
- which it wasn't a big money issue with his contract, but more so, that he wasn't performing to expected level on or off the field.

the only problem the Cowboys ran into post- Dez was Plan A and Plan B was a flat disaster - per failed to sign FA Sammie Watkins (who still isn't lead WR), and that ridiculous WR- by- committee.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Tank seems to be following the same career trajectory as Dez. Best on the team but not top 5. Complained until he got his money. Received top money. Then year one under his new deal he disappeared. About all he has done since he got his new deal is “talked” a lot.

I am concerned that he got his money and like Dez really isn’t all that into football at this point. Just talks a lot, and does very little.

This contract could be a “bust” boys and girls.
Dez wasn't into football? What?

erod

Reaction score
Tank seems to be following the same career trajectory as Dez. Best on the team but not top 5. Complained until he got his money. Received top money. Then year one under his new deal he disappeared. About all he has done since he got his new deal is “talked” a lot.

I am concerned that he got his money and like Dez really isn’t all that into football at this point. Just talks a lot, and does very little.

This contract could be a “bust” boys and girls.
Lawrence was FANTASTIC this year.

Again, these discussions always devolve into ridiculous meaningless statistics.

He was double-teamed constantly. Quinn benefited from it all season.

Lawrence was brilliant against the run and created plenty of pressure. He runs down plays from behind, and wrecks run plays to his side.

He is the best defensive lineman on the team by far, and one of the best in football.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Lawrence is unequivocally top-5 at his position. So the premise for this entire thread is off.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Complained until he got his money?

Dude played on a bad shoulder on the franchise tag for his money.

People are....not smart.
And actually said he would gladly accept the franchise tag the first year but didn't want to be tagged the following year.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes after two seasons of not getting extended...once on the last year of his deal and then again on the franchise tag.

He paid his dues.

It it your opinion that he just suck now that he has been paid?

Verdict

Reaction score
Is really wish contracts weren’t knowledge to the public. It would be interesting to see how these discussions go if we didn’t know how much guys were making.

I think it is one of the most interesting things in the NFL game.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So I love Dez but he never worked hard enough on his route running and other areas of the game. Once he got injured it took some of his athleticism away hence his struggles after the fact.

D Law not having the surgery was a red flag for me. He's a great run defender and a decent pass rusher. he was never going to be a 20 sack guy. He also wasn't on the field enough for the $$ he got paid. Whether it was his decision or our terrible coaching staff. So this year we will see.

Verdict

Reaction score
Lawrence is unequivocally top-5 at his position. So the premise for this entire thread is off.

So 5 sacks is top 5 at his position now? He talked WAY too much and produced way too little.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So I love Dez but he never worked hard enough on his route running and other areas of the game. Once he got injured it took some of his athleticism away hence his struggles after the fact.

D Law not having the surgery was a red flag for me. He's a great run defender and a decent pass rusher. he was never going to be a 20 sack guy. He also wasn't on the field enough for the $$ he got paid. Whether it was his decision or our terrible coaching staff. So this year we will see.
Yeah you never know with this staff. If they took guys off on the last plays of games who knows what else things they did.

Verdict

Reaction score
He never complained neither did Dez. He didnt disappear pressures are just as good as sacks in alot of cases. And he was the only one to fear on the defensive line. Besides sacks his numbers were pretty good in every other category

Both of them talked about their upcoming contract incessantly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The coaches, McClay, and the Jones's all said that offenses were basically scheming him out of games this season.

Verdict

Reaction score
The coaches, McClay, and the Jones's all said that offenses were basically scheming him out of games this season.

What else are they going to say? We agreed to pay him $100m and he sucks?

The team made excuses for Dez too all the way up to the point that it was economically feasible to cut him and then they cut his head off figuratively speaking.