Could there be hold outs this off season?

Flamma

Reaction score
If you back load the contract any thing over $17M would be an increase.
You asked if they needed to free up more space to sign him. I'm assuming you're talking about this year. If they extend him, his cap hit would be less than 17M this year. So they don't have to free up space to do it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
After Zeke did it while still under contract, the nfl changed the rules. So no, they won't be holding out while under contract.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wonder if he'd take 31 million sheesh
Not worth that type of cash..........this is no Hill or Jefferson and don't let the stats mislead you as most were against sub-.500 teams or like in the GB game doggy time.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Not worth that type of cash..........this is no Hill or Jefferson and don't let the stats mislead you as most were against sub-.500 teams or like in the GB game doggy time.
I hear you pap, but none of what you said will even be remotely brought up in contract talks, hey agent of ceedee your client put up great STATS against scrub defenses. In terms they'll look at the stats and not the opponent!!!

In terms of cash, they know that Jefferson turned down 32 so he's going to ask for more, doesn't mean they have to give it to him,that's only going to cause Lamb to want near that.

There's a post about players being paid in their contract years. I think it's crazy that players can go from bad to good/good to GREAT in their final year of their current deal just to get the BAG. We're stuck paying these players based off a really good season or so. For CD he's progressed nicely each season i'll add that

raven55

Reaction score
pay cd and trade parson's before he becomes a cancer this team has enough on it's plate, also trade dak remember life's like a box of candy you never know what you get

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you pap, but none of what you said will even be remotely brought up in contract talks, hey agent of ceedee your client put up great STATS against scrub defenses. In terms they'll look at the stats and not the opponent!!!

In terms of cash, they know that Jefferson turned down 32 so he's going to ask for more, doesn't mean they have to give it to him,that's only going to cause Lamb to want near that.

There's a post about players being paid in their contract years. I think it's crazy that players can go from bad to good/good to GREAT in their final year of their current deal just to get the BAG. We're stuck paying these players based off a really good season or so. For CD he's progressed nicely each season i'll add that
Funny how Micah, Dak, and CD shine when there's a dog in the house.........just saying.
Guess we follow our leader ..................ways of doing things.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You asked if they needed to free up more space to sign him. I'm assuming you're talking about this year. If they extend him, his cap hit would be less than 17M this year. So they don't have to free up space to do it.
Again, if they back load the contract.

Havic

Reaction score
Trade CD to the bears for a 1 and 2. Nice pairing with Williams and they already have di Moore.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No way is Dak holding out. If he’s not extended he becomes a free agent. The longer this goes the more pressure it puts on the Cowboys. Jerry always says deadlines make deals but if they reach a deadline with Dak, he becomes a FA and is likely gone.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No way is Dak holding out. If he’s not extended he becomes a free agent. The longer this goes the more pressure it puts on the Cowboys.
I think Dak will honor his contract and be happy to be free.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Emmitt smith held out several years ago, and got a HUGE contract from the cowboys, Jerry and Stephen got fleeced at the last minute. Now he's out of work, and they're talking about a reunion
Emmitt’s hold out was more like several decades ago. Zeke’s holdout was several years ago. Not sure what reunion you’re talking about with Emmitt. You must be thinking of Zeke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think Dak will honor his contract and be happy to be free.
He will honor it and become a FA if he’s not extended. He’ll get his money one way or another.