Could Washington be tougher than we thought?

T-RO

Reaction score
I'd guess at this point...on an even field...

Commanders and Cowboys near a coin flip.

Washington is making things happen on offense, but near the bottom of the league on defense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think they are, if they played next week wash would probably win.
They have the lead in the Div, so if Daniels keeps playing this good, wash may be the Div champ this season.
They have looked good 2 weeks in a row now.
During same period cowboys have looked bad and ok.
Eagles are also just looking ok , and today they were sort of bad,

Sure glad jerry didnt make quinn HC here and draft DAniels !

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They don’t look tough but neither are the Cowboys….all I know is I better see he exploit Quinn’s defense like people did to us when he was here.
Currently, other TEAMS are not exploiting their defense. What has led you to believe that the Cowboys will accomplish that feat? Quinn, now has no names, but they are aggressive and have a bit of dog in them. The Cowboys have front-runners on defense.

stinkface

Reaction score
Currently, other TEAMS are not exploiting their defense. What has led you to believe that the Cowboys will accomplish that feat? Quinn, now has no names, but they are aggressive and have a bit of dog in them. The Cowboys have front-runners on defense.

They have 2 outstanding DTs. Their run defense up the middle is a lot stronger then ours. On top of that, we don't have the speed to threaten the outside.

Sadly they probably have more talent then us right now, as well as better coaching. That said, time will tell.

Smith22

Reaction score
They had a ton of draft picks, a ton of money for free agents, and a new HC. Perfect recipe for a good year, especially when you hit on a young qb.
To be fair, you can't miss 100% of the time. Commodes been picking top 10 now for how long, like 20 years. They finally got one right it seems.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I knew once they found a legit QB they were going to be tough. Their biggest problem was at QB.
Naw, it started when they got rid of DAN SNYDER and the toxic culture that he brought with him. They got a new GM, HC and QB next year they'll have a new president. Over the last 23 years they were 2 toxic, poorly run front offices and it was Washington and Dallas, over they last 23+ years there are only 2 teams that failed to make it to the NFCCG, Washington and Dallas.

John813

Reaction score
I thought if Washington drafted Herbert years ago they could of been better way before this year.
Daniels looks pretty good, but they were lacking a competent QB for a long time now.

We'll see if DC's can find some flaws in Jayden's game, but he's had an excellent start. Their defense has the pieces and no longer is out there all the time due to an incompetent offense.

Havic

Reaction score
I said before the season started, don’t be surprised if the commanders are a 8 win team or fringe wild card. Daniel’s had all day to throw yesterday and can run if he needs to

Reaction score
The kid looks good, he's surpassed my expectations for him. I had concerns about his frame and arm strength before the draft, and he has shown more than I expected already.
What I didn't know and couldn't see from his college film was how mature he would look in the NFL. He is cool and under control, not running around like an uncoordinated deer only to get smashed by a semi (for the lazy RG3 comparisons).. He runs under control and is just really aware of what's going on around him. He's aware of pressure in the pocket, aware of defenders closing in on his scrambles, and protects himself pretty well. something RG3 NEVER learned to do in his whole career. The game is slowing down for this kid and It's early to annoint him, but he has looked really really good,and is only going to improve. he's got an 82% completion percentage through 4 games, averaging 225 ypg passing plus another 54 ypg rushing.. not to mention the threat of him running has really helped the ground game for the RB's.

This team has punted once in the last 3 games.. every drive the last 3 weeks has resulted in points (not counting kneeldowns to end a half) except for 2, one was an INT and one punt.
That's insane. that's 21 (I think, it may be 22) possessions with some kind of score.
they are over 50% on 3rd downs and 100% on 4th downs (6/6) and have scored more than 35 points 2 weeks in a row..

I didn't think this dude was anywhere near CJ Stroud before the draft, but he's opened my eyes a lot. Maybe not the passer talent CJ is, but he makes up for it in other ways.
and the crazy thing is, it's only his first 4 games. he's gonna have some clunkers and that's ok.. his results so far have been very encouraging.

Carson

Reaction score
I said before the season started, don’t be surprised if the commanders are a 8 win team or fringe wild card. Daniel’s had all day to throw yesterday and can run if he needs to
Defenses will figure him out.

Watch the tape on the Last two games. They rushed 4and we’re afraid to blitz

Creeper

Reaction score
Looking at them, young QB looks pretty decent, what are your thoughts on Washington, Philly doesn't look good too many injuries, NYG, next subject!!
Washington has a pretty easy schedule up front. They have Cleveland, @baltimore, Carolina, Chicago, @ NY Giants, Pittsburgh, @Philadelphia, Dallas, Tennessee, @ New Orleans, Philadelphia, Atlanta, @Dallas.

The way their offense is playing they could win 6 more games at least, including their matchup with Dallas. The Commanders offense is exactly the kind of offense that will give Dallas's defense trouble.

If the Eagles injury situation does not improve I can see the Commanders winning the division this year. They might only have 9 wins, but that could be good enough.