Courtland Sutton will wear a Star

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I am going to save a people alot of time and misery between now and the draft, Sutton will be your first round pick come Draft Day. Book It ! Print It ! Jot it down whatever.

This team telegraphs almost every move it makes, Everyone knew Dez was going to be shipped off once the season ended, in some form or fashion.

So for those who are still holding out hope for OG, LB, and especially a DT don't get you hopes up too high, this team now has to save face for the Dez Bryant saga, and nothing else can make a splash more than taking a WR.

Why Sutton you say? the whole NFL knows this, and Seattle sits there at #18 which btw would love to trade out and get a few extra picks, so don't count on Ridley being there at 19 either, besides Sutton is more in the line of a WR1 that team always covets, big, tall, WR with a big catch radius its a natural fit.

Personally, I feel a good WR will be there in the 2nd, but no way Jerry and Co miss out on the big splash on day one.

Don't Shoot the Messenger

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
IF Ridley is still there, can you pass on him? Even if you think Courtland is a better fit, Ridley is the BAPON

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I am going to save a people alot of time and misery between now and the draft, Sutton will be your first round pick come Draft Day. Book It ! Print It ! Jot it down whatever.

This team telegraphs almost every move it makes, Everyone knew Dez was going to be shipped off once the season ended, in some form or fashion.

So for those who are still holding out hope for OG, LB, and especially a DT don't get you hopes up too high, this team now has to save face for the Dez Bryant saga, and nothing else can make a splash more than taking a WR.

Why Sutton you say? the whole NFL knows this, and Seattle sits there at #18 which btw would love to trade out and get a few extra picks, so don't count on Ridley being there at 19 either, besides Sutton is more in the line of a WR1 that team always covets, big, tall, WR with a big catch radius its a natural fit.

Personally, I feel a good WR will be there in the 2nd, but no way Jerry and Co miss out on the big splash on day one.

Don't Shoot the Messenger
No

CowboyChris

Reaction score
IF Ridley is still there, can you pass on him? Even if you think Courtland is a better fit, Ridley is the BAPON
Ridley will not be there, like I said the whole NFL knows what we want, and someone always trades up in front of us to steal the player we want, that goes for Ridley too

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Ridley will not be there, like I said the whole NFL knows what we want, and someone always trades up in front of us to steal the player we want, that goes for Ridley too

I really really like Ridley. He’s one of my guys this year. Would the cowboys trade up to secure him? He may be worth throwing a 3 someone’s way.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spending our first rounder on Sutton is just the type of thing a desperate team would do after cutting their #1 receiver.

Or a team looking to rebuild it's WR corp.

I don't get the logic really. Should they not look to draft new receivers if they cut their old ones? Doesn't drafting new mean cutting the old was a mistake?

I agree with the OP somewhat. I'm getting the Sutton vibe but I won't pretend to know what the Cowboys are really thinking like he is doing. Sounds good but he's guessing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I truly believe that as of right this moment the Cowboys don't have a clue of who they're drafting.

And I think that remains true right up to their pick.