Courtland Sutton will wear a Star

cowboyec

Reaction score
Loved Sutton for the past two seasons so I'm fine with it really. We're talking pick 19 here folks, not top 10.
agreed.
if we get a WR at 19 and its not Ridley,give me Sutton.
big,physical....he just looks like a Cowboy.
we draft a guy like DT Nathan Shepherd or OG Austin Corbett in the 2nd....thats a helluva haul 2 Rds in.

cowboyec

Reaction score
nfldraftscout says Sutton's NFL comparison is...Art Monk.
if thats true....he's another Art Monk....who the hell cares that we got him at 19.

cowboyec

Reaction score
What does Seattle picking at 18 have to do w anything? You tried to make a point and failed..
they are looking to trade out.
if Ridley is on the board...he probably is the target.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
I’m a fan of Sutton, so I’d be happy with the pick. Just don’t know how likely we are to draft him since the knock against him is route running. I expect us to trade up for Calvin Ridley.

Hardline

Reaction score
I believe Sutton will be a very good WR.

3 years from now.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I am going to save a people alot of time and misery between now and the draft, Sutton will be your first round pick come Draft Day. Book It ! Print It ! Jot it down whatever.

This team telegraphs almost every move it makes, Everyone knew Dez was going to be shipped off once the season ended, in some form or fashion.

So for those who are still holding out hope for OG, LB, and especially a DT don't get you hopes up too high, this team now has to save face for the Dez Bryant saga, and nothing else can make a splash more than taking a WR.

Why Sutton you say? the whole NFL knows this, and Seattle sits there at #18 which btw would love to trade out and get a few extra picks, so don't count on Ridley being there at 19 either, besides Sutton is more in the line of a WR1 that team always covets, big, tall, WR with a big catch radius its a natural fit.

Personally, I feel a good WR will be there in the 2nd, but no way Jerry and Co miss out on the big splash on day one.

Don't Shoot the Messenger

I could see Sutton with a trade down, maybe, but I don't think he's going to be the 19th best player on Dallas' board.

My prediction is that when the receivers start coming off the board in the second round, Dallas will trade up to get one of them, with Sutton being the primary target. Miller, Kirk, Washington, Chark all seem to be in a similar, early to mid-second round range. Might could even throw Cain, Pettis and St. Brown in that group.

superonyx

Reaction score
I worry about Sutton being a Brice Butler type without the speed.
After loving Laquon Treadwell and watching him crap the bed in the NFL I am nervous about these tall slow guys. The nfl is getting quicker and we run a 1992 system that requires every guy to beat their man to have any success.... not sure if Sutton is great in any category.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Or a team looking to rebuild it's WR corp.

I don't get the logic really. Should they not look to draft new receivers if they cut their old ones? Doesn't drafting new mean cutting the old was a mistake?

I agree with the OP somewhat. I'm getting the Sutton vibe but I won't pretend to know what the Cowboys are really thinking like he is doing. Sounds good but he's guessing.

This is exactly what they're planning to do IMO.......can you say double dip (lol). Don't be surprised to see 2WRs with first 4 picks. This would lockdown this unit for next 4-5 years. You don't bring in 10-12 players at one position for show.....waste of time. Besides FO is usually pretty transparent about their early targeted positions.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is exactly what they're planning to do IMO.......can you say double dip (lol). Don't be surprised to see 2WRs with first 4 picks. This would lockdown this unit for next 4-5 years. You don't bring in 10-12 players at one position for show.....waste of time. Besides FO is usually pretty transparent about their early targeted positions.

Maybe but if they were planning to double dip at WR I find it hard to believe they would sign two veterans beforehand.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I am going to save a people alot of time and misery between now and the draft, Sutton will be your first round pick come Draft Day. Book It ! Print It ! Jot it down whatever.

This team telegraphs almost every move it makes, Everyone knew Dez was going to be shipped off once the season ended, in some form or fashion.

So for those who are still holding out hope for OG, LB, and especially a DT don't get you hopes up too high, this team now has to save face for the Dez Bryant saga, and nothing else can make a splash more than taking a WR.

Why Sutton you say? the whole NFL knows this, and Seattle sits there at #18 which btw would love to trade out and get a few extra picks, so don't count on Ridley being there at 19 either, besides Sutton is more in the line of a WR1 that team always covets, big, tall, WR with a big catch radius its a natural fit.

Personally, I feel a good WR will be there in the 2nd, but no way Jerry and Co miss out on the big splash on day one.

I'm not sure we were positive when we drafted Frederick, Martin, Jones or Charlton. In fact some were a bit of a surprise.
So not sure why we should know its Sutton in Rd1.

RoboQB

Reaction score

It's a possibility that Ridley will be long gone, even before the Seattle
pick at 18. I'm hoping they will steal Anthony Miller in the 2nd.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I could see it butttttttt

Look at the guys they have brought in for officials. Not there standard 6'3 220 guys. 5'11-6'1 190 to to 210ish. Their WR mold may be change. They may fancy DJ Moore more than Sutton.

I could be off on this. But its interesting no Sutton or St. Brown in for official visits yet. But Ridley, Moore and Washington are

reddyuta

Reaction score
my problem with Sutton is that his game speed doesn't match his Combine performance ,maybe better coaching will help him with better routes but he is a work in progress.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
All the signs are pointing at Sutton. We cut Dez way late in FA season. Jason Garrett went and ran workouts with Sutton personally. Jerry loves big, tall outside receivers. Sutton freaking plays in Dallas.

Now I think that'd be stupid, because we literally just cut a big jump-ball receiver that struggles with running routes because he didn't produce with Dak. But all the arrows are pointing at Sutton right now.

Like Cnu said, my feel is it's going to be LVE or Sutton, depending on who's available. And my dark horse candidate would be Kolton Miller - they're definitely talking with a lot of tackles. I haven't heard about any meetings they've had with DTs.