Cover Tunes

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think every Creed song should be covered by a better band and the originals destroyed.

The only people that I might hate more than the ***** would be a Creed tribute band.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think every Creed song should be covered by a better band and the originals destroyed.

The only people that I might hate more than the ***** would be a Creed tribute band.

The Creed lead singer always struck me as an Eddie Vedder copycat.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Metallica and Van Halen covers are the best IMO.

Sometimes they are just as good and many times better.

Van Halen especially. During their early years{72-78} they under Roth's direction learned 100s of cover tunes. Everything from the Ohio Players to Zeppelin.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Van Halen especially. During their early years{72-78} they under Roth's direction learned 100s of cover tunes. Everything from the Ohio Players to Zeppelin.

Part of the reason they broke up. Dave and I think Ted T. Wanted to keep adding a cover tune or two on the albilums and Eddie felt they were established and did not want to continue doing covers... Or so I read

cowboyec

Reaction score
The Struts have a GREAT cover of Queens "Rock You"....and I personally think its better than the classic.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Part of the reason they broke up. Dave and I think Ted T. Wanted to keep adding a cover tune or two on the albilums and Eddie felt they were established and did not want to continue doing covers... Or so I read
I believe it. Dave was pure ego and Eddie had an ego because - of course he did!
Same argument Jagger and Richards had.
Same argument Steven and Joe yell at each other even to this day.

cowboyec

Reaction score
•You Don't Have To Say You Love Me...big hit for Dusty Springfield.....Elvis' cover scored a top 40 hit in '70 and was a staple of his live set....one of the great songs.

•Sweet Caroline...Neil Diamonds classic is/was one of his best.......but Elvis does it better....best heard on the brilliant On Stage album.

•My Way....Frank Sinatra's classic.....was tailor made for The King.....added to his live set in '72.....Elvis recorded a studio version in '71 but hated it....prefering the stage.....best heard in the classic '73 performance Aloha from Hawaii...but the '77 version is damn fine also.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

That is true but Dave left the band because the brothers wouldn't get off their rear ends and do something/anything. Plus the chemistry they had soured. Dave had enough and decided life is to short to drink bad wine.