Coverage: Cowboys LBs vs Pollard

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This thread is about Pollard and the LBs.

There are dozens of threads about Dak. There is one about the pass to Pollard with Jaylon covering. Go find that thread.
Where is the thread that says Prescott is going to make too much money?

I can't seem to find it. Help.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty obvious that neither LVE nor Jaylon can't stay up with Pollard.

He's more than likely gonna be too speedy for any LB in the league.

The point of the thread is that Pollard is the same player in both videos but beats Jaylon by several yards but Vander Esch only by a couple of feet.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh yah, because that high flying, boring, conservative Garrett offense calls soooo many deep balls.

Maybe Moore can take our offense into the 21st century.

You think that’s how it works, huh? The offense doesn’t “call deep balls”? Good take.

Carson

Reaction score
This thread is about Pollard and the LBs.

There are dozens of threads about Dak. There is one about the pass to Pollard with Jaylon covering. Go find that thread.

My apologies good sir. Let me rephrase to please the people.

Excellent route by Pollard. He will be a menace to opposing teams linebackers all season.

:)

Alexander

Reaction score
I have little doubt Pollard will be a matchup problem for LBers in the passing game, so I really don't get what the point of this thread.

Is it being suggested that he really is a lil' Kamara already?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Would love to see Pollard , Zeke ,LVE and Jaylon run a 40 yrd race with full pads on tomorrow . Bet Zeke waddles in last

Eanwen

Reaction score
I have little doubt Pollard will be a matchup problem for LBers in the passing game, so I really don't get what the point of this thread.

Naw fam he's what Marshall Faulk wished he was :laugh:

So maybe this will expose how naive I am but before the draft I thought our base offense should be 10, but now since then given Pollard's skill set maybe it should be 21 and Pollard can move around depending on how the defense tries to come out (base vs. nickel).

Alexander

Reaction score
Naw fam he's what Marshall Faulk wished he was :laugh:

So maybe this will expose how naive I am but before the draft I thought our base offense should be 10, but now since then given Pollard's skill set maybe it should be 21 and Pollard can move around depending on how the defense tries to come out (base vs. nickel).
Sorry, I will need to see it before I buy in. I think he has a chance to be pretty good.

But this hype machine on him brings up so many red flags. Especially the part about Jones thinking he can carry a starter's workload. Ridiculous.

Eanwen

Reaction score
Sorry, I will need to see it before I buy in. I think he has a chance to be pretty good.

But this hype machine on him brings up so many red flags. Especially the part about Jones thinking he can carry a starter's workload. Ridiculous.

It's ok. I'll save room on the hype train for you. :thumbup:

I don't know if he can be a starter but I figure he can be the single back for a series or two and/or occasionally pair up with Zeke (or some combo of Morris/Weber if Zeke is out for awhile).

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The point of the thread is that Pollard is the same player in both videos but beats Jaylon by several yards but Vander Esch only by a couple of feet.

Yeah, I noticed that myself as well. LVE actually got a fingertip or two on the heel of his foot by lunging at him but Pollard was able to break away without too much disruption that, otherwise, might have caused him to trip.

It was obvious that Jaylon Smith cannot afford to allow Pollard to get even with him, much less, pass him by. Pollard was pulling away from Jaylon quite handily, to say the least.

To LVE's credit, due to his length and speed, there will, very likely, be very few LBs that will be able to equal how close he came to tripping Pollard. It looks like Pollard does possess the quickness and speed to cause a lot of problems for would-be tacklers. Advantage, Dallas. :)

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Before the video of Jalon and Pollard, I would have thought Jalon could have kept up with him better. Maybe he wasn't feeling his oats that day! Otherwise, Pollard simply has the kind of speed Jalon clearly can't match, which isn't really a knock on him. Pollard's speed is well documented.

JayFord

Reaction score
Go routes are soooo easy to hit in stride lol. It is his weaker trait I saw coming out of college but geesh does he have to be perfect at everything? I wonder how many people on this forum actually played QB to any degree.

Every QB has his pros and cons. Even Brady.

He’s a Dallas Cowboy

If he was on another team he’d be considered one of the better young QBs

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Who is more athletic between Vander Esch and Jaylon...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You think that’s how it works, huh? The offense doesn’t “call deep balls”? Good take.

Not many. I guess you didnt see the quote from Dak and Cooper either? Or from Witten covering their games on Monday night football. Or maybe you just havent watched the Cowboys the last 12 years. Or maybe looked at the stats on the amount of deep passes compared to the league?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry should forget Zeke and redo Pollard's deal right now. Make him the highest paid role player ever.
That would be going full blown Al Davis.

Zeke might never get to free agency if Al was the owner. Even if he reports he would be on the bench for an extended period. Then 2 years to finish the contract, then 3x Franchise Tags then Al would publically offer him a contract so big that no other team would offer him one.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My apologies good sir. Let me rephrase to please the people.

Excellent route by Pollard. He will be a menace to opposing teams linebackers all season.

:)

It is odd that people didn"t comment on the LVE vs Pollard play how the pass was dropped in perfectly over the top of the 6-4 Vander Esch...