Cowboy Facts and the Bizarro Hatred of Garrett/Linehan

T-RO

Reaction score
Nail on the head. It’s about wins now. Lol! These post defending our current coaching staff and this organization the past 20 + years never cease to amaze me. They’re addicted to Jerry’s koolaide.

Addicted to Jerry's koolaide? Hardly!

Jones has been front and center to why no Cowboy coach has had a chance here the past two decades. Finally Jerry at least let Stephen and McClay fix the team-building philosophy and the draft and the talent level has been on the rebound.

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
In the past 3 NFL seasons here are the NFC leaders in wins:

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Winning is HARD. And not a single team in the NFC has been better in recent years in consistently winning games than the team Garrett, Linehan and Marinelli are coaching. Not one team.

And what do these coaches get in return for their accomplishments? Endless scorn, derision, personal attacks from embarrassing fools.

It really is cringe-worthy to hear some of you rant like children.

I like that fact. I think that we are winning in spite of Linehan.

T-RO

Reaction score
I like that fact. I think that we are winning in spite of Linehan.

Linehan took Dak when he was a 4th round, lightly regarded rookie and by the end of the season...presto. Prescott was in consideration for rookie of the year. The offense was top five.

And that was with what we now know was a highly deficient Dez Bryant as #1 WR.

Dak has some very admirable qualities and is quite a warrior, but he's not top-20 when it comes down to just his arm. And we've had rookies and JAGs running most of the routes. I argue that Scott and the coaches have done quite well, all things considered.

MikeT22

Reaction score
This thread is about the last 3 years.

We lost to Green Bay in 2016 playoffs due to 4 factors:
-A possession was stolen by a bizarre huddle-penalty called on Brice Butler
-Holding calls on Irving were not called (a recurring pattern with Goodell's officials in Cowboys games)
-Green Bay had the good fortune of having 11 possessions in the game, while we had just 10
-Our defensive personnel was lacking that season

No, you're thread is about the anomaly 2016 season. Great year, 13-3, 11 game winning streak, homefield advantage, and then one and done.

Then came 9-7 and now 7-5. And overall, Garrett has been to the playoffs only twice with 1 wildcard win. There is no bizarro hatred for Garrett. He's just a mediocre coach who would've been fired by now by anyone other than Jerry Jones.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
1 playoff win in 9 years.

Amazing how far the standards have dropped.

The NFL is about winning Super Bowls. "Winning seasons" is for college football programs (maybe), high school and youth sports teams.

Many here like to bring up the 5 Super Bowls this franchise has won, specifically 3 since Jerry bought the team, but then try to spew stats like this to justify the franchise's last two decades. Can't have it both ways.

If you're rooting for and/or are content with winning seasons, you're doing it wrong.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Dallas coaches have won the most games over the past three years. Have they done so because they inherited the talent like the Rams have...an elite QB, Future hall-of-fame d-tackles, all-pros at numerous other positions? Nope!

In a passing-centric league, do they have a premium stud QB like Brees, Goff, Wilson, Rogers? Nope!

Until this year, has this Cowboys coaching group had highly regarded defensive personnel? Nope!

Yet they've won and won some more.
It’s important to have high expectations.You do not. How many Playoff games has Garrett won? How many Playoff games did McCarthy win? Wasn’t he fired?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The NFL is about winning Super Bowls. "Winning seasons" is for college football programs (maybe), high school and youth sports teams.

Many here like to bring up the 5 Super Bowls this franchise has won, specifically 3 since Jerry bought the team, but then try to spew stats like this to justify the franchise's last two decades. Can't have it both ways.

If you're rooting for and/or are content with winning seasons, you're doing it wrong.
You must have high expectations to win at the highest level. Winning in the regular season and losing in the playoffs is not having high expectations.

Mannix

Reaction score
The Clapping Carrots sub-standard record is one thing....I don't like the way he he constantly gets other people fired while he remains.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It’s important to have high expectations.You do not. How many Playoff games has Garrett won? How many Playoff games did McCarthy win? Wasn’t he fired?
If garrett had the same playoff record as McCarthy had with equal amout of years, he would be a hero around here.........and Garrett is the one that has a job.......amazing

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Winning is HARD. And not a single team in the NFC has been better in recent years in consistently winning games than the team Garrett, Linehan and Marinelli are coaching. Not one team.

And what do these coaches get in return for their accomplishments? Endless scorn, derision, personal attacks from embarrassing fools.

Or ranting about those that rant. And children btw have an open mind. So being one is a compliment.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

I don't hate either Garrett or Linehan, I just don't think their coaching is good enough to win a title, and I base that off historical data concerning Super Bowl-winning coaches.

However, Garrett is an offensive guy, so I entertain the possibility that great defensive coaching might can cover for mostly non-imaginative offensive coaching.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I suppose WINNING GAMES are just silly stats for mindless fools who drone on with their endless hate.

Actually looking at WINS-LOSSES gets in the way of their bizarro narrative. What does one do with such inconvenient facts?
Jesus man strong reaction there, ok last 3 years, but if you look at last 4 years OR look at the last 2 years you cant create the same narrative. So what tablet was handed to you from upon high to say "you must look at 3 years"

visionary

Reaction score

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Had Garrett been here for 3 seasons?
Post his entire HC record
Post his post season win totals
Post his NFCCG victories
Post his SB appearances as HC and number of SB victories

Then post the same numbers for other HCs that have had a top 5 QB (like Garrett had Romo)

Stop with your whining and excuse making for a trash HC

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
The Eagles won the SB last season and their fans are wanting to burn down those light poles they were climbing.

The GB fans wanted their HC gone.

However, with some of the Cowboys fans it's as if this franchise all of the sudden became a .500 club. The Cowboys have been around for 58 seasons and the last 23 have been disappointing with a couple of teases sprinkled in here and there. And strangely enough, the present HC has been a part of those 13, 12 and 13 win seasons.

But when I watch this team under Garrett and Linehan, they seem lacking. Maybe it's the fact they don't trust the QB to open up the offense because Linehan was not that way in DET, he was balls away. And Garrett was pretty open with Romo.

I am waiting to see what happens with this season. Am I seeing the turning? Is this the "process" coming to fruition? For a change the Cowboys aren't the sexy team, they ugly butted one of those last week. I am waiting to see what this team is because I am not sure yet. The offense is not good enough but the defense is better than good enough.

I get the frustration the OP is expressing because the negative vibe is depressing for a lot of posters. With some, even when the glass is half full, it is filled with vinegar. You would not know this team has won 4 in a row and beat the best team in the NFL in 1 of those 4 from a lot of the postings here. But, we all have our right to post here as we see fit, within the rules.

There are about 5-6 fans on this board who are more Garrett and Jerry groupies than Cowboy fans

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Maybe a defense not ranked near the bottom...

It was Lee and a bunch of nobodies...we all know it. Our starting D-ends that year were Jeremy Mincey and George Selvie, LOL.

Ah...then that year Lee was out for the season!

and Selvie played good that year and the defense could have done better but that offense shoul dhave blown a lot of teams out of the water.