Cowboy Facts and the Bizarro Hatred of Garrett/Linehan

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Our fans are mostly entitled clowns.

The Cowboys have their share of issues, but it’s not coaching holding them back.

The redzone struggles imo has alot to do with lack of right packages and coaching somewhat. Not using Zeke enough, never using Rico, etc.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mirror mirror

That doesn’t mean what you think it means. That phrase means you’re the one looking in the mirror, not that you think I ought to look in a mirror. You just confused yourself because it’s a saying that has the word “mirror” in it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The redzone struggles imo has alot to do with lack of right packages and coaching somewhat. Not using Zeke enough, never using Rico, etc.

Maybe. We did lose Dez and Wit, though. They’re kind of to be expected.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The Garrett fans will do anything to pump up their guy. We get it, he knows how to dominate the regular season! If you want to crown him then go ahead...but I'll go with the coach that knows X's and O's and will embarrass Garrett's team in the playoffs anyday - en route to the conference championship game

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
In the past 3 NFL seasons here are the NFC leaders in wins:

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Winning is HARD. And not a single team in the NFC has been better in recent years in consistently winning games than the team Garrett, Linehan and Marinelli are coaching. Not one team.

And what do these coaches get in return for their accomplishments? Endless scorn, derision, personal attacks from embarrassing fools.

It really is cringe-worthy to hear some of you rant like children.
Everyone of those teams not including the Rams have been to the NFC championship. Everyone of those teams have been to the Superbowl not including Rams and Vikings. All with in the past 10 years.

Dallas hasn't been out of the divisional round even with a couple number 1 seeds. Garrett has 1 playoff win in 8 years despite having 12-4 season and a 13-3 season.

T-RO

Reaction score
...and Selvie played good that year and the defense could have done better but that offense shoul dhave blown a lot of teams out of the water.

LOL. Selvie was a total journeyman. Came to Dallas with ZERO career starts...and only had three after his time with the Cowboys. And the other d-end was Mincey. And who can forget our stud DT at the time, Mr. Hayden?

Our coaches were being asked to cook a seven course meal with nothing but oatmeal and old eggs.

Meanwhile fans totally forget how pathetic our o-line personnel was before we got Fred-beard and Martin. Remember Center Ryan Cook? Guards Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau? Uh...yeah.

visionary

Reaction score
That doesn’t mean what you think it means. That phrase means you’re the one looking in the mirror, not that you think I ought to look in a mirror. You just confused yourself because it’s a saying that has the word “mirror” in it.

:popcorn:

T-RO

Reaction score
You must have high expectations to win at the highest level. Winning in the regular season and losing in the playoffs is not having high expectations.

I have demanding and RATIONAL expectations.

I don't expect an artist to deliver a winning mural if limited to a palette of 6 colors. I don't expect a farmer to deliver a great crop in a drought. I don't expect a woman to be trim when she's pregnant!

Many fans here are so driven by the reptilian and limbic brains - as opposed to our more recently developed neofrontal cortex (which gives us powers of analysis)

Most fans see a play that doesn't succeed and immediately blame the play calling. A team loses some games and it must be the coach's fault. Such un-evolved thinking!

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, you're confused
I thought you said I was confused?

You're so easy and predictable
:lmao2:

Deflecting is probably your best bet again after misfiring on yet another post aimed at me instead of at the thread topic.

T-RO

Reaction score
The limbic brain - a part of our early evolution - merges emotions with judgments. When HATE is involved...that's the limbic brain working. When someone is engrossed in HATE...they aren't using their neocortex...they aren't rational and you can't reach them with rational arguments.

Thus here we are: people lost in unexamined irrational hate of a decent coach.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Our fans are mostly entitled clowns.

The Cowboys have their share of issues, but it’s not coaching holding them back.
You're right, but IMO coaching, specifically offensive coaching, is the biggest problem with this offense. They should scheme their offense to their players strengths and not the other way around. Furthermore, believing that a rookie QB coach for Dak was a good idea, it just stupid.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I
In the past 3 NFL seasons here are the NFC leaders in wins:

Cowboys 29
Saints 28
Vikings 27
Rams 26
Seahawks 26
Eagles 26
Falcons 25
Panthers 23
Packers 23

Winning is HARD. And not a single team in the NFC has been better in recent years in consistently winning games than the team Garrett, Linehan and Marinelli are coaching. Not one team.

And what do these coaches get in return for their accomplishments? Endless scorn, derision, personal attacks from embarrassing fools.

It really is cringe-worthy to hear some of you rant like children.
It's because Dallas has the most armchair, never played the game, expects every play to be a touchdown, mistake free, judgemental, "I have the answers" fanbase in all of football.

I have certainly learned a lot about this fanbase since joining this board. It also overflows into the media and half these nitwits either read half, pick and choose quotes or buy into the half-assed hacks that call themselves reporters.

With all that said, Preach it brother T-RO.

T-RO

Reaction score
There are about 5-6 fans on this board who are more Garrett and Jerry groupies than Cowboy fans

There are 50 fans on this board who-- if they got their wishes--would drive this franchise into a ditch in 10 minutes.

These are the same whiny critics who:
-Slammed the Vander Esch pick
-Whined that we didn't get big 340 pound run stoppers and would get gouged in the run
-Opined that we would rue the release of kicker Dan Bailey
-Fussed that we didn't splurge in free agency (on what turned out to be JAGS and losers)
etc

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right, but IMO coaching, specifically offensive coaching, is the biggest problem with this offense. They should scheme their offense to their players strengths and not the other way around. Furthermore, believing that a rookie QB coach for Dak was a good idea, it just stupid.

I’m liking that just because we seem to agree that I was right and I think you should be rewarded for that.