Cowboy fans are some of the worst

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
All of us Cowboys fans deserve to voice our opinions, that's what this forum is all about.

Some of the older fans know what it's like to see a winning franchise, I and a lot of others here do not...

I was born in 1987...I was 8 the last time the Cowboys won or were in a Super Bowl and being 8 years old, I certainly did not pay attention or even care about football...

I've experienced nothing but misery and heartbreak since becoming a "true" fan back in 2000. If I want to point out what I perceive as flaws in this dumpster fire of a team, it doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm still going to root for McFadden. I have him on my 8-4 fantasy team. I also have Bailey but that's it.

Someone beat me to not picking up Cassel.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
He did for quite a while though. Folks have been bashing the clapper pick from day one.
He is a good guy though, I was just curious, if he even posted here anymore.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Twenty years gives us all the right to voice our opinion. Especially the ones who grew up cheering on the team that had 18 consecutive winning seasons, a bad 4 years, 3 should have been 4 superbowl wins and what since? True Cowboys fans are the most loyal fans I know, we don't have multiple teams we cheer for, we don't sell out when the chips are down, we do complain though I will give you that. That is our ultimate right as arm chair GMs; we all can run this team better regardless of the outcome. You don't have to agree with everyone's opinion on here; I don't but don't say we are the worst fans because some of us are just plain exhausted; not with the outcome of this season the outcome of the past twenty combined. Bring back the early to mid 80s when this team was still a juggernot over what we have endured the past twenty years. Just because I personally do not believe this team has a chance to get into the playoffs this year does not make me a bad fan. I'm realistic that is all. I get why some want to continue and hope go for it! I am cheering on a win every week I just don't see a positive outcome this season. They just got manhandled by the best team in the NFC that was the final nail to this season for me. That game was over long before Romo got hurt....maybe the football gods do hate JJ, maybe he sold his soul to the devil to get those first three rings, whatever the case may be he has been unable to produce a winner in twenty years and that has many of us sour not bad fans....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did for quite a while though. Folks have been bashing the clapper pick from day one.
He is a good guy though, I was just curious, if he even posted here anymore.

Hos only comes by infrequently now. The last time was to let us know that a long-time member had passed, for example.

But I'm sure he's defending Garrett somewhere on the internet, still. As many of us still are, here.

I'll say it again, the problem in Dallas this season has been the backup QB and the turnover differential. The staff and the team management always get blamed for a losing season, but sometimes you can look at the play on the field and the answers are pretty obvious. When that's the case, you don't need to type up that post explaining why Jason Witten can't block or get downfield like he used to. There's a much simpler explanation.

KalEl

KalEl 94
Reaction score
Because I implied you were Hostile? Ok, squirt. You're the one going from thread to thread calling people stupid on posts that have nothing to do with you.

easy fella. I didn't call anyone stupid. I said, "your ignorance is baffling." Because of the ignorant statement you made in regards to him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Twenty years gives us all the right to voice our opinion. Especially the ones who grew up cheering on the team that had 18 consecutive winning seasons, a bad 4 years, 3 should have been 4 superbowl wins and what since? True Cowboys fans are the most loyal fans I know, we don't have multiple teams we cheer for, we don't sell out when the chips are down, we do complain though I will give you that. That is our ultimate right as arm chair GMs; we all can run this team better regardless of the outcome. You don't have to agree with everyone's opinion on here; I don't but don't say we are the worst fans because some of us are just plain exhausted; not with the outcome of this season the outcome of the past twenty combined. Bring back the early to mid 80s when this team was still a juggernot over what we have endured the past twenty years. Just because I personally do not believe this team has a chance to get into the playoffs this year does not make me a bad fan. I'm realistic that is all. I get why some want to continue and hope go for it! I am cheering on a win every week I just don't see a positive outcome this season. They just got manhandled by the best team in the NFC that was the final nail to this season for me. That game was over long before Romo got hurt....maybe the football gods do hate JJ, maybe he sold his soul to the devil to get those first three rings, whatever the case may be he has been unable to produce a winner in twenty years and that has many of us sour not bad fans....

The bad fans I'm referring to are the ones that gave up many weeks ago and are clamoring for the Cowboys to tank the season to get a better draft choice. If you fall into that category then u are a bad fan. If not, cool.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
The bad fans I'm referring to are the ones that gave up many weeks ago and are clamoring for the Cowboys to tank the season to get a better draft choice. If you fall into that category then u are a bad fan. If not, cool.

Reality is needed here for your post if the team's best player or leader (Romo) goes down and the team can not win one game in his absence can you provide the data where a fan can not be pessimistic in the eventual outcome? Just because some view something one way vs the way your portraying does not make them less of a fan. Now if you laid out a scenario where you knew some cowboys fans who were now rooting for the pats, bengals, or any other team I am with you. A true fan can have both a negative and positive outlook and still be a true fan. My personal belief was/is the season was very much in question when Romo went down the first time. While I agreed mathematically upon his return there was still hope losing to Carolina firmly put that to bed. In no way did that make me a bad fan. I realized how much that dude means to this team. I didn't sit there and root against them the next seven weeks but with each loss my feeling was only strengthened. Am I hoping they lose out...no way...but at this point I personally believe a higher draft pick brings more to the table long term than one or two more wins. A bad fan that does not make me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Reality is needed here for your post if the team's best player or leader (Romo) goes down and the team can not win one game in his absence can you provide the data where a fan can not be pessimistic in the eventual outcome? Just because some view something one way vs the way your portraying does not make them less of a fan. Now if you laid out a scenario where you knew some cowboys fans who were now rooting for the pats, bengals, or any other team I am with you. A true fan can have both a negative and positive outlook and still be a true fan. My personal belief was/is the season was very much in question when Romo went down the first time. While I agreed mathematically upon his return there was still hope losing to Carolina firmly put that to bed. In no way did that make me a bad fan. I realized how much that dude means to this team. I didn't sit there and root against them the next seven weeks but with each loss my feeling was only strengthened. Am I hoping they lose out...no way...but at this point I personally believe a higher draft pick brings more to the table long term than one or two more wins. A bad fan that does not make me.

That doesn't make you a bad fan just an ignorant one. If you've ever played any team sport then you would realize that as soon as you step on the field you want to win no matter what your record is. Those that don't, don't belong on the field.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
That doesn't make you a bad fan just an ignorant one. If you've ever played any team sport then you would realize that as soon as you step on the field you want to win no matter what your record is. Those that don't, don't belong on the field.

I have played and understand the game of sports I thought we were talking about fan support or lack there of. Just because we have played sports does not make us better than a true fan that hasn't. Another misconception. Stick to one topic though I am old and don't want to get into a multiple topic debate. Which you are losing by the way for calling me ignorant.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I don't think any one is really cheering for the boys to lose I just don't think this team can stop from losing.