Signed by Cowboys Cowboy sign Leighton Vander-Esch to 1-yr deal

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
LOL let’s bring back everyone that just got ran over in the playoffs!
he played excellent against SF, fact. Not saying one game means much, he may suck in 22, but he as heck didnt get "run over in the playoffs"

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Wagner free agent... but
sign LVE

6d194e950e9da284c712bcba97690ac6.jpg
:laugh:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If Dallas thinks he is the MLB to start 17 games this deal is terrible. If Dallas still targets LBs and has LVE on a 1 year show me contract this deal is a good one.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This is a new one. Blaming Smith now for LVE not being good.

I also think Smith is to blame for our poor FA plan the last few years. I mean why not blame him for that too?
Have you ever played a sport?

You can't understand how a seriously weak link affects those around him?

Jaylon was defended regularly for having to play behind the weak tackles. Even though Jaylon sucks, there is some truth to that. Jaylon might have looked decent playing behind two all pro tackles.

LVE looked the best he has since 2018, the second half of last season.

Carson

Reaction score
Stephen got yall minds right, he got yall thinking cap instead of getting the best players. So with all that cap room the Cowboys will sign..........that's what i thought.
That's just false. We are likely going to draft a guy like Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd. Plenty of MLB in this draft.

CoachD

Reaction score
"Makes sense" LOL the guy is an injury waiting to happen and there's a reason why the Cowboys didn't pick up his 5th year option.

Syron

Reaction score
That's just false. We are likely going to draft a guy like Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd. Plenty of MLB in this draft.
What about all the other positions of need we have on this team? At some point, you need to use Free Agency to make your team better, and not just to fill backup roles. Counting on draft picks to have major impact, especially where we are picking, is a recipe for disaster.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He honestly played really good in the playoff game. If it’s cheap good signing.

He got better as the year progress, so hopefully he'll pick up where he left off. I would have preferred to improve the position, but this is probably the best we could have expected.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am a Boise guy and I really like LVE, but this does not please me in the least. He would be fine next to Parsons if we had a strong DL, but we are going to roll out DLaw and a bunch of "try-hard" guys upfront. You need a Wagner if you are not going to be serious about your front 4, but no.

We are going to do just enough to win the East and then get steamrolled in the playoffs. Yay!!
Wouldn't be overly optimistic about even winning the East, as we are fading and the rest of the East will be improving.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They needed to sign either Neal or LVE.

I think the plan now will be to move forward with Cox in the Neal role, which seems to be suited for him since he's a better coverage linebacker than run-stopping linebacker. Of course, I think that was the plan all along concerning the Neal spot. If LVE had left, we would have just downgraded the position with some cheap FA replacement.

visionary

Reaction score
As long as this is a cheap deal and we draft 2 LBs so we can move on next year I’ll be ok with this

Einstein

Reaction score
LVE played really well down the stretch and in the PO, hopefully we get that to continue.