Signed by Cowboys Cowboy sign Leighton Vander-Esch to 1-yr deal

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
To be fair, he now knows there's no market for him playing at last years pace. The improvement at the tail end of the season (like a fighter trying to win a round by upping the workmate late on) didn't fool anyone.
so he wasn't using his advice to parsons at the end of the year. you can't make all the plays, pace yourself like us hotzz boyz.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Signing the likes of LVE…they couldn’t be bothered to find one other LB to try ? Here is a guy with known physical limitation and an attitude of not trying too hard to make a play. Poster boy for this organization.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
to be fair to LVE, he split the snaps with Neal.

He still made a lot of tackles.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I miss that guy who was out there running around more than the other guys and jumping on guys' backs 10 yards downfield for the most tackles. he was like the dak of the defense.

Nexx

Reaction score
LVE at 2 mill is a bargain. The dude played well the second half of the season unlike someone they are paying 40mil person season. not sure why anyone would hate on this signing.

jnday

Reaction score
32 teams, there can only be one champion each year. The rest are not losers. There are some very good contenders in this league. As long as our Cowboys are a contender, fans should be happy. It's only a sense of entitlement that tells you in the last 25 years, the Cowboys should be a Super Bowl champion. I don't share that point of view.
For the older fans, we remember when the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl was the one and only goal. Personally, I am not going to lower my standards because of the lack of success. The Cowboys have not been contenders for decades, but I am not going to accept or condone just being a playoff contender. As Ricky Bobby said, “ if you’re not first then you’re last”. Anything less than a Super Bowl appearance is a bad season. It amazes me how the Cowboy’s fans are now defending being losers. Jerry Jones is the damn devil for what he has done to the Cowboys.

jnday

Reaction score
D Armstrong finally showed us why he was a star DE in college. I see him rising even more. And he will not be called offsides in crucial situations or being hit for bad personal fouls. Gregory is like dynamite. He can be explosive for you when needed or making you nervous. Gregory is aguy whom you do not know if he will relapse.

Armstrong and Fowler combined will be able to make our RDE better than average. Last year's 3rd rounder Golston may also prove some value in his 2nd year.

We need our DT's to better control the line of scrimmage. In the 2nd round, we need a big 6''5" or more line DL dominator.

First round is obviously for a new LG. I prefer one who also can play LT. I wonder how advanced Josh Ball is to play either tackle position. Does he have a career ahead of him similar to Doug Free? What is our center doing to get stronger?

Who will be our starting trio at WR if The Galluping Cowboy will miss the beginning of the season? Lamb, James Washington and ____?
The few plays that Armstrong made last season was more than he has made during his entire career with the Cowboys combined. After he gets paid, he will return to playing like he usually plays which was like him being invisible. An unusual increase in production in a contract year is not a good thing. I have said it before and I will say it again, he is the starter in Dallas, but he couldn’t make the rosters of most teams. Depending on him to be a productive starter is one of the dumbest things that Dallas can do.

jnday

Reaction score
yes LONNGGGGG droughts not even with the history we have sitting on 5, Eagles took 61 years too win one NFL SB title took the chiefs 50 years to get back to one..fans here just want o keep using that narrative OMG 30 years . people, give it rest.,.,it will come some day..
We? Did you play on those Super Bowl teams? Unfortunately ,you are the type of fan that makes excuses for losing and have low expectations. You must be a younger fan or a troll. The only was to measure success in the NFL is winning Super Bowls. Nobody cares about those one and done playoff teams. Losing is not okay and waiting until it’s the Cowboys turn to get lucky and win a Super Bowl is not okay. You have the mentality of a Detroit or Jacksonville fan. That doesn’t cut it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
For the older fans, we remember when the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl was the one and only goal. Personally, I am not going to lower my standards because of the lack of success. The Cowboys have not been contenders for decades, but I am not going to accept or condone just being a playoff contender. As Ricky Bobby said, “ if you’re not first then you’re last”. Anything less than a Super Bowl appearance is a bad season. It amazes me how the Cowboy’s fans are now defending being losers. Jerry Jones is the damn devil for what he has done to the Cowboys.
You (and I for that matter) were spoiled in the '90s to believe winning a Super Bowl is the only acceptable conclusion to the season. But that's not realistic. It's time to readjust your expectations to a more realistic eventuality. Ricky Bobby never said anything, he's a fictional character.

jnday

Reaction score
You (and I for that matter) were spoiled in the '90s to believe winning a Super Bowl is the only acceptable conclusion to the season. But that's not realistic. It's time to readjust your expectations to a more realistic eventuality. Ricky Bobby never said anything, he's a fictional character.
The Patriots have become what the Cowboys were for years. Making a Super Bowl appearance every few years is not unrealistic as we have seen. I will never lower my expectations because of Jerry and some fans were so quick to lower expectations and thinking that losing is okay. As long as losing is okay with the fans and organization, the team will never get better. There is no pressure on the players to play up to the level of those big contracts. Why should they? The attitude of the team has become toxic. It’s the same attitude that the Lions, Browns and Jaguars have had for years. Yes, that what lower expectations leads to.

Ken

Reaction score
LVE at 2 mill is a bargain. The dude played well the second half of the season unlike someone they are paying 40mil person season. not sure why anyone would hate on this signing.
Once again....Dak does not get paid 40 mill a season....Thanks.

Ken

Reaction score
please explain
Dak counts 19.6 mill against the cap this year, similar to last year.....year before was franchised for 34 mill.

Before that....peanuts.

I know the simps wants to do simple division but it simply doesnt work that way