Cowboy Tweets 10/20

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you take the body catcher off the field. Problem solved.

And split Wit out wide, I take it? Or Elliott maybe?

If Elliott's suspended, the two-slot-WR stuff is something I'd definitely like to see more of, myself. But it was pretty obvious to me during camp that Linehan isn't a huge fan of that formation. He said we might see it some, IIRC, but didn't sound very enthusiastic about it when asked.

Zman5

Reaction score
Just proof that football-smarts and real world intelligence is not the same.

I think a lot of guys that we consider smart players would actually be a bit dumb in the real world.

It works the other way too. Just because you have an Ivy league education doesn't mean you are football smart.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does NFL Network in SD show as 16x9, or 4x3 center cut on DTV?
Both HD and SD are channel 212 for the NFL network.

If you use the single analog video cable (composite or S-Video) to connect an HD TV, you'll get SD. You obviously need the 3 analog component cables or HDMI for HD.

I don't know if DirecTV boxes have HDbaseT yet but that's probably the connection of the future. Longer cable run and lower cost cable.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It works the other way too. Just because you have an Ivy league education doesn't mean you are football smart.

Even aside from football an Ivy league History or English major is probably not on par with STEM majors at schools like UT.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
A direct result if of no imagination with this coaching staff.
What have you seen from Switzer that makes you think he warrants additional snaps?

I'm not saying the book is written on him but he looks slow, unathletic, like the stage is too bright for him and stupid all to boot. In other words a lot like a 4th round rookie.

But yes let's slam these coaches for not getting him snaps over Elliot or Witten or Dez (as @xwalker stupidly suggests).

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No, you take the body catcher off the field. Problem solved.
So instead if having Beasley and Switzer in a double slot formation your idea is to take Williams off the field and play one of Switzer or Beasley or Witten and line them up out wide?

Dude please think about what you're saying for a second.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
So instead if having Beasley and Switzer in a double slot formation your idea is to take Williams off the field and play one of Switzer or Beasley or Witten and line them up out wide?

Dude please think about what you're saying for a second.
Look, we clearly both are NOT coaches, or we wouldn't be here bashing personnel decisions on the interwebs. I would just like to see some creativity out of our offense, something other than a predictable jet sweep.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If your cable box is showing an SD channel, it will either pillar box it or letterbox it.

NFL Network is sent as an HD output only that the cable system downconverts to SD. It's sent out as 16x9 full, which the cable system will downconvert as same.

When watching it on an HDTV set, it will letterbox the SD feed. On my cable system, NFL Network SD is on Ch. 168, and HD is on Ch. 169. He probably had it on the wrong channel.

That, or the box was setup for a 4:3 TV.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Both HD and SD are channel 212 for the NFL network.

If you use the single analog video cable (composite or S-Video) to connect an HD TV, you'll get SD. You obviously need the 3 analog component cables or HDMI for HD.

I don't know if DirecTV boxes have HDbaseT yet but that's probably the connection of the future. Longer cable run and lower cost cable.

You can have both the SD and HD channel at once on Directv. There is a setting to hide the SD channels (which I believe is checked by default). If that setting isn't on, then both will be in the guide and you can flip through both.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can have both the SD and HD channel at once on Directv. There is a setting to hide the SD channels (which I believe is checked by default). If that setting isn't on, then both will be in the guide and you can flip through both.
Good point.