Cowboys’ dumping of Griffen, Poe, and Worley signals a realistic approach to this year

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I started a thread like this and got called on it as this wasn't enough and they were right. That half-assed attempt Jaylon Smith made at tackling should have sent him packing but the Joneses are in bed with him in his business so he gets to stay.

The Cowboys have proven one thing, they are among the worst at acquiring FA's in the NFL. Easy come, easy go.
They had little at risk signing these guys.

Glad McCarthy pulled the trigger finally as he had responsibility in signing them as well.

Still waiting for McCarthy's best qualities to come to the surface.

Still waiting.

Still waiting...

Still waiting..

Oh yeah...he made us wear white jerseys over our numbers in the Blue/White Scrimmage.

BTW..who from our draft was he trying to protect again?

Still waiting...

Zzzzzzzzzzzz..

:huh:

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm going to show them I mean business: "Towel, boy! You're fired!"

Wake me up when they cut Jaylon Smith, T. Crawford or someone of significance.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 2020 Cowboys season is over. The fans knew it the moment Dak Prescott went down. The players certainly acted like they knew it in their last two games. And now, it seems, Jerry and Stephen Jones know it too.

Tuesday’s decision to jettison underperforming Everson Griffen, accompanied by word on Wednesday that both Dontari Poe and Daryl Worley will no longer be with the team, sent a message about the Cowboys: they’re being realistic.

All three of those players were added in the offseason with the idea that they’d be under-the-radar moves. Griffen was a force to be reckoned with off the edge in Minnesota for 10 years, accumulating 74.5 sacks during that span. Poe was a monster of a man who had been disrupting pockets for years in Kansas City before injuries marred his three years between Atlanta and Carolina. And Worley brought experience and production at cornerback, as well as the ability to flex to safety.

Read more -
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...realistic-approach-to-this-year-mike-mccarthy

Ya, the season was going GREAT with Prescott....:banghead:
The moves you speak of are NOTHING compared to what really needs to be done.
Get ready for the same old souped-up version of these losers come next season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would help to drop dead weight. Would you argue that he is anything more than that?
He apparently conveys the coaches messages to young players instead of complaining.

He gets paid on or off the roster.

He can rusher the passer as a DT.

They're obviously moving away from him which was never true with Marinelli.

It is pointless to cut him at this point.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He apparently conveys the coaches messages to young players instead of complaining.

He gets paid on or off the roster.

He can rusher the passer as a DT.

Oh yeah? Really? How's that been working out? You're a big stats and numbers guy, how many stats does he have doing that?

They're obviously moving away from him which was never true with Marinelli.

Because he's terrible?

It is pointless to cut him at this point.

I disagree, his numbers, and the team's on-field performance with him out there, have been terrible. Any player that can't even record a stat for three consecutive games doesn't deserve to be on the roster. That roster spot and snaps can be better utilized on a young player with upside. Enough time and money has been wasted on this disappointment.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh yeah? Really? How's that been working out? You're a big stats and numbers guy, how many stats does he have doing that?

Because he's terrible?

I disagree, his numbers, and the team's on-field performance with him out there, have been terrible. Any player that can't even record a stat for three consecutive games doesn't deserve to be on the roster. That roster spot and snaps can be better utilized on a young player with upside. Enough time and money has been wasted on this disappointment.
Stats for DTs are meaningless.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stats for DTs are meaningless.

Really? You're going to try to resort to trying to say something like this now?

No, you just can't sugarcoat this.

Just look at him out there tonight, playing on skates. Misses tackles TWICE on the SAME PLAY!

He's an absolute liability out there. You know it and I know it. Stop wasting yours and my time trying to paint it as anything else to lessen the blow. It's a disgrace.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB Hurries, QB Hits, Sacks, TFLs are meaningless stats for DT?

Only when they don't have any.

It's shocking to see such hypocrisy from the guy that just created a scouting report thread on the new DT that we traded for, isn't it?

uvaballa

Reaction score
Wentz is a crappy QB but the D looked a lot better tonight.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I thought that Wentz was the reason for that.
While true...I'll have to admit I thought he would sling that football all around us. Seems like the D had a pulse tonight. Sucks we have to resort to propping up "effort" but this is how low Nolan's defense has gotten.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While true...I'll have to admit I thought he would sling that football all around us. Seems like the D had a pulse tonight. Sucks we have to resort to propping up "effort" but this is how low Nolan's defense has gotten.

I don't want to sound like the party pooper, I think they were better than what we've seen thus far. That's just an awfully low bar of expectations to hit. I think they were very lucky that the Eagles lost interest in the running game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like the party pooper, I think they were better than what we've seen thus far. That's just an awfully low bar of expectations to hit. I think they were very lucky that the Eagles lost interest in the running game.
That's the Eagles though. They abandon the run even with Miles Sanders. I don't understand it honestly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the Eagles though. They abandon the run even with Miles Sanders. I don't understand it honestly.

They kept us in this game as long as we were in it. Between Wentz making rookie level mistakes all night, and the Eagles continuing to abandon the run and out the game in his hands.