Cowboys 1996-2020

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
5 good seasons during this tenure. It's getting so bad. Come on get it together. They won't be contenders next season but hopefully the season after at least.

dckid

Reaction score
5 good seasons during this tenure. It's getting so bad. Come on get it together. They won't be contenders next season but hopefully the season after at least.

yeah we are competing with the Lions and WFT. I don't see a path to us getting better especially if we sign Dak to a cap killing contract.
If we were paying Deshaun Watson i would not mind but we are not. Dak is a limited player. Good QB but will never be elite.
This is not insulting Dak, this is just stating his limitations. Nothing wrong with being Goff, Wentz or Cousins... you will get paid beyond belief but you won't be winning a SB.
Coming full circle, Jerry cannot stand being a 3 win team he is perfectly happy being 8-8. Don't rock the boat, fans still have playoff expectations, the team will still be in the news. But they will never ever content for a title.
Money or salary cap none of that matters. All NFL owners make money hand over fist especially Jerry. Pay Dak, pay Joe Smoe, pay the next qb, as long as this team is competing 7-9 to 9-7, now we have 7 playoff berths.. Nothing will change.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Do you ever do anything but spew your vitrial and insults to people? Grow up already.
317b81.jpg

The ignore button isn't hard to find.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I am sorry maybe wasn’t clear. My whole 96- present is obviously about Jerry the GM, the man in charge, the man in the draft room, the man with his radio show, the man giving the press conference. All Jerry the buck starts and stops with him.
Yes I know. And you're painting an incomplete picture by ignoring the whole 3 Super Bowls in 4 years thing by picking an arbitrary cutoff. It's not like that man appeared in 1996.

dckid

Reaction score
Yes I know. And you're painting an incomplete picture by ignoring the whole 3 Super Bowls in 4 years thing by picking an arbitrary cutoff. It's not like that man appeared in 1996.

That's fine man. You and I can't even agree on what the discussion is even though the thread clearly has the dates 1996-2020.
So lets agree to disagree.
Maybe we can discuss a more relevant topic like why signing Dak to a mega long term deal is a mistake. It's the light at the end of the tunnel which is a train about to run over this franchise.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I'm sorry what exactly am I ignorant of? What narrative am I pushing?

You're picking a certain date to leave out the 3 Super Bowls. It's a selective sampling to create a narrative, to a T. I'm not saying the Cowboys have been good the last 25 years, but just be honest about it.

Yea that's the point doofus. It's what the Cowboys have done since the last time they won anything. That's the whole point of this entire thread.

dckid

Reaction score
Oh look, an adult posting an insulting meme. So very mature.
Yeah.. some people just cant get past their own ego. This is not about one person being right and the other being totally wrong.
Have an open mind and have a discussion..
I truly believe it will take a miracle like Mahomes falling to us at 10 this draft or the next 10 drafts for us to break out of this mediocre funk of the past 26 years.
Jerry won't hire the right guy to rebuild the organization from the ground up. A overhaul does not take 5 years like everyone thinks. A rebuild can be done in a couple of years.
Look at Miami, they went all out rebuild, look at Buffalo under McDermott, look at McVay, this list goes on and on.

dckid

Reaction score
Yea that's the point doofus. It's what the Cowboys have done since the last time they won anything. That's the whole point of this entire thread.
Thanks... I was trying to state the obvious also..

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
YES I GET IT. If you do that for any team, it's the same thing. Go ahead and do the 9ers since 1995, or the Dolphins since 1975, or the Bears since 1986. Every team/owner/GM/coach looks worse when you start evaluating them AFTER their last success.

It's just a totally pointless exercise.

Vandyr

Reaction score
YES I GET IT. If you do that for any team, it's the same thing. Go ahead and do the 9ers since 1995, or the Dolphins since 1975, or the Bears since 1986. Every team/owner/GM/coach looks worse when you start evaluating them AFTER their last success.

This is the Cowboys forum last I checked. What crawled up your butt?

dckid

Reaction score

Look at the Niners since their last SB, they have at least made it to two Super Bowls!!! They have had more playoff success than the Cowboys. Do you deny that? They also had their owner taken away from them. Eddie D, got his team take by his sister..

The Bears have the history as one of the oldest franchises, etc, but were never as successful as the Cowboys in the SB era, not even close. You can bring up Halas, Payton, Butkus, but they were never Americas team.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Look at the Niners since their last SB, they have at least made it to two Super Bowls!!!.
Oh so now the standard is just making the Super Bowl, not winning the Super Bowl. Cool.