Cowboys 1st Round pick

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I have not been a huge dak guy but I will say this it takes a guy with something to be mentally tough to have three quarters like dak had sunday and then comeback with a fouth quarter and over time like he did that is hard to overlook makes me want to see more now for sure if this offense can come together and stay healthy look out in the playoffs because they now have something on offense they didn't have which Is speed and youth
It takes mental toughness sure, but it also takes a great supporting cast to keep you in it. Usually when your QB plays as bad as Dak did for such an extended amount of time the game flows like the Giants / Skins did on Sunday. Luckily for us the game was tied when Dak got his act together. Most teams would be down 24-0 by that point.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
amazing the amount of people hating on Dez now that he's gone. Now all of a sudden he was never a #1? smh. How many of you would've worn your fingers out defending Dez 4 years ago on this very board? microwave society for real.
One of the greatest 3rd down and RZ WRs of all time. And 3rd down / RZ are the most important moments in a game. Ideally you’d have a Cooper & a Dez. Then you’d have an elite between the 20s guy, and an elite scoring zone guy.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Cowboys current draft position is #24 in the first round. That Amari pick looking better and better.

That's Taco Charlton territory.

I'll bet Dez is sick, watching Amari catching all those TD passes and seeing what a real number one receiver does.

We should offer a Taco to Gruden. Maybe he would send their 2nd round pick back. I'd even be excited with their high 3rd round pick.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Romo was a perfect QB for Dez. Dez was not a bad WR, ever. he wasn't super dynamic, tho. Romo made a bunch of WRs look better than they were. he made Dez look like a true #1. but come on, Dez had his strengths (among weaknesses) and could make some great plays a lot of guys could not make. he was strong after the catch and unstoppable in the RZ. his play-style just did not at all jive with Dak. we don't need to trash Dez, or Dak, or Coop. I think Coop is a more complete WR, and the excellent route running is enormous for a QB like Dak. Coop has more talent than Dez - i think that's fairly obvious.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
One of the greatest 3rd down and RZ WRs of all time. And 3rd down / RZ are the most important moments in a game. Ideally you’d have a Cooper & a Dez. Then you’d have an elite between the 20s guy, and an elite scoring zone guy.

i think coop's ability to create separation with very little room makes him a great RZ guy. he's just not a "throw it up" RZ guy; different type.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Amari has passed Dez at his peak. Both on and off the field. He has far surpassed where Dez was a year ago.
Dez was at his peak in 2014.

Off the field , Dez was a disaster. I was a critic on and off the field.

I like Cooper better myself but bashing Dez serves no purpose to me.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Dez was at his peak in 2014.

Off the field , Dez was a disaster. I was a critic on and off the field.

I like Cooper better myself but bashing Dez serves no purpose to me.
Cooper isn’t even 50% of 2012-2014 Dez. Someone wake me up when Cooper is 1st team All-Pro. Maybe he will win the first annual Sanjay Lal Route Running Award though, to celebrate Cowboy fans favorite buzzword that didn’t exist a year ago.

Verdict

Reaction score
Cooper isn’t even 50% of 2012-2014 Dez. Someone wake me up when Cooper is 1st team All-Pro. Maybe he will win the first annual Sanjay Lal Route Running Award though, to celebrate Cowboy fans favorite buzzword that didn’t exist a year ago.

The fact that Amari isn't a complete idiot puts him way above Dez, before you can even get to skillset, which Amari is light years better than Dez.

Verdict

Reaction score
It takes mental toughness sure, but it also takes a great supporting cast to keep you in it. Usually when your QB plays as bad as Dak did for such an extended amount of time the game flows like the Giants / Skins did on Sunday. Luckily for us the game was tied when Dak got his act together. Most teams would be down 24-0 by that point.

True.

Verdict

Reaction score
Say what you want about Dez, the man bled blue and silver. Sure, he was never a great route runner and age caught up with him as well as losing focus, but before that he was a serious threat. If I was offered the choice of Dez in his prime and Amari in his prime, I'd take Amari, but Dez was no slouch. Part of his problem was the system he was in. Linehan didn't know how to use him and he didn't have a WR coach that could get through to him.

There is no need to build one up by bashing the other. I hope that by the end of his career, Amari will bleed blue and silver like other great Cowboy WR's. He seems to love it here already.

Actually Dez bled selfishness and idiocy and that's about all.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys current draft position is #24 in the first round. That Amari pick looking better and better.

That's Taco Charlton territory.

I'll bet Dez is sick, watching Amari catching all those TD passes and seeing what a real number one receiver does.

Why would Dez be sick. You continue your fascination with him. Let it go.

Here is a link to the current draft order.
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The question is why months after Dez is off the Cowboys and technically not even playing does Verdict still have to talk about him?

It's getting weird at this point.
And why do these normally homerish fans bash explayers?

Verdict

Reaction score
No it is a thread for the Dez haters to continue their BS.
You do not see Dez supporters creating threads about him, for any reason. But yet the haters continue with it.

If it upsets you so badly maybe you should find another thread to your liking and post there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yup... Amari is showing everyone that Dez was a product of Romo making look better than he actually was...

Dude was a one trick pony that was pretending to be a #1 WR
That's BS. Dez in his prime was a athletic freak. Even Romo would admit he made his job easy. Dez lost speed and athleticism so now he's a different player. Dez made Rom look good on those back shoulder fades. Let's don't forget that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say what you want about Dez, the man bled blue and silver. Sure, he was never a great route runner and age caught up with him as well as losing focus, but before that he was a serious threat. If I was offered the choice of Dez in his prime and Amari in his prime, I'd take Amari, but Dez was no slouch. Part of his problem was the system he was in. Linehan didn't know how to use him and he didn't have a WR coach that could get through to him.

There is no need to build one up by bashing the other. I hope that by the end of his career, Amari will bleed blue and silver like other great Cowboy WR's. He seems to love it here already.

But that is what these haters do. Somehow it makes them feel better.

Dez was a throw the ball, and I will go get it WR. Amari is a technician. I agree, looking back, give me Cooper. But Dez and Romo was good, Dez and Dak was not.

Michael Irving was explaining this on Cowherd yesterday.
Cooper does a great job, as to where most WR you can tell when they are about to make their cut, come out of transition on coverage. With Cooper you can't tell, he does a great job in that transition. And now Dak and Cooper are getting on the same page.

Dak can throw the ball before Cooper makes that move, the DB doesn't know when it will be, and Cooper then is there to catch it. Dak just needs to be accurate with it.

Dez was not that type of WR, Amari is. So his route running is great from that point.