Cowboys 2024 draft - positional and compensatory picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'd probably try to end up with three seconds. Maybe they end up with two 2nds and two 3rds.
So you're basically proposing is exchanging the 24th 1st round pick with a team that will return two 2nd round selections - one in this year + a 2nd in 2025....or a team that will take the Cowboys 2024 1st round pick for a 2024 2nd and 2024 3rd round selections.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
This would be the draft to trade down and get some extra picks.

That gap after the 3rd round pick is going to be huge if we do not get some extra picks.
That is exactly right trade down to 30 , get the best player available . I am looking at the possibility of getting a big 1 technique DT or C or OT in the 1st round. While adding a 4th rounder as well.Dallas needs to come out of this draft and free agency with OT DT C LB RB WR CB .

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
That is exactly right trade down to 30 , get the best player available . I am looking at the possibility of getting a big 1 technique DT or C or OT in the 1st round. While adding a 4th rounder as well.Dallas needs to come out of this draft and free agency with OT DT C LB RB WR CB .
Another 1 tech lol so two in back to back drafts? lol

Beaker42

Reaction score
Using the 4th rounder on a potential starting QB the Cowboys had a 2nd round grade on isn't "killing us badly for 2024's draft" at all.
Ummmm, it did when said QB won’t play a down for us in a meaningful game.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So SF gets our 4th for Lance
KC gets our 5th for Scott in the trade last draft
We get the Raiders 7th for Hankins from 2 years ago.

Buffalo has our 6th, how did this happen, was it a trade during the draft, or did we get a player from them. I can't remember. I usually keep all this in a spread sheet.
And just looked at an article showing all the teams picks with expected comp picks.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2024-nfl-draft-picks-by-team/

Status
Not open for further replies.